Angelo Henriquez

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Henriquez has always been a goal scorer and hes proven that now regardless of league.
He hasn't proven anything regardless of the league. He scoring rate in the Spanish second division was poor, and he didn't impress in our u21s or at Wigan.

doing OK in the Championship
He's never played in the Championship.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Absolutely it is not the same thing, if a club has say 2 top strikers, and chooses to let one go, if thats even what happened, it doesnt indicate he isnt good enough, merely it wouldnt hurt our short term, its not a direct indication of his ability.
Amounts to the same thing especially now. Rooney is on the decline, RVP is apparently being shipped off, Wilson is 19, Hernandez is unwanted and yet we still have no qualms over getting rid of a Henriquez.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
He hasn't proven anything regardless of the league. He scoring rate in the Spanish second division was poor, and he didn't impress in our u21s or at Wigan.

He's never played in the Championship.
Were Wigan in the Prem when he was there?

Brightonian

Yep. Given the choice, I'd opt for Wilson over him. The only level at which they've both played (and therefore the only valid grounds for comparison), the English U21s league, saw Wilson massively outperform Henriquez.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Amounts to the same thing especially now. Rooney is on the decline, RVP is apparently being shipped off, Wilson is 19, Hernandez is unwanted and yet we still have no qualms over getting rid of a Henriquez.
Assuming he hasnt asked yes, my response was hypothetical answering to the point that when a young player leaves, it could be just due to the club being very stocked on that front is all.. Anyway AH, good player from what i know, not yet top draw, but has never really failed on any stage, will be interesting should he get a chance somehwere else..

Patchbeard

Don't think we handled this one correctly at all. I'm not going say he's going to be world class or anything silly, as no one really knows just how good he can be due to the level of the croatian league defending. But on the back of a great season out there it would've been nice to see him given a chance in preseason and either a loan to a more competitive league, or some first team minutes with Wilson loaned out. He always had a great touch, and he's now 6ft rather than the Bojan like build he was he signed for us and went on loan to Wigan. Next summer should've been the time to decide whether he's good enough to be a squad player or actually sold for decent money.

The clause was stupid. It's not as if we've done the honorable thing of including a cheap fee to allow him to leave for first team football, we've messed up and massively undervalued him. He'll most likely be sold on in 12 months for a large profit and then we'll see how good he really is, or not.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He couldn't even hold down a spot in a Spanish second division side, any "good player" would consider that a failure.
Really? Dont look at Drogbas hisory or that age, or Reus.. Playing styles dont always suit everybody and a loanee striker will always find it hard to get games, especially young ones, unless they are scoring for fun, quite often they are used as backup. However, im providing an against argument for the sake of it.. I cant say ive seen every Real game he had but reading reports etc they all made him sound positive, especially considering his ahe

jb8521

I suspect there are an awful lot of people in this thread who have never even seen Henriquez play a full game but are taking the chance to have a go at the club for letting him go on the very slim chance that he does a Pogba. The amount of United fans who take every opportunity to have a go at the club lately based on feck all amazes me. Henriquez scored 20 goals in a league where Andrej Kramaric finished as top scorer despite leaving in January yet people are acting as if he should go straight into our first team and presuming they know better than the club who have been working with him for 3 years. The truth is he never impressed in a United jersey which for a youngster hoping to be given a chance at the club is a prerequisite and he never settled particularly well in England so has gone to Dinamo and has a few players around him who he has known for years which has clearly helped him settle. He's done well at a club and environment which suits him better than United so why should the club stand in his way by asking for a higher fee and standing in the way of him getting on with his career. He's not good enough for United's first team at the moment and will have to develop massively to ever reach a level where he is. He's a clever player and a good goal scorer so I'm sure he will go on to have a good career but I'd be surprised if he reaches a level where letting him leave is seen as a huge mistake.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Really? Dont look at Drogbas hisory or that age, or Reus.. Playing styles dont always suit everybody and a loanee striker will always find it hard to get games, especially young ones, unless they are scoring for fun, quite often they are used as backup. However, im providing an against argument for the sake of it.. I cant say ive seen every Real game he had but reading reports etc they all made him sound positive, especially considering his ahe
Reus and Drogba have nothing to do with saying Henriquez has never failed on any stage being false.

wiz4231

How long has it been since he's played for the U21? It was his first year at club and his first couple of months in a new country. On preseason hes done well and scored goals every time hes been included. If Henriquez hasn't proven anything neither has Wilson, Januzaj, Pereira, McNair or Blackett. What have the proven in comparison to Henriquez?
Whether you think if Henriquez has proven himself or not, he has done himself no harm with what he's done at Dinamo this season, he has proved that he can score goals at a far higher level than the U21. I hope we have put a buy back clause or first option in his sale because even though you don't believe he will become a top player in the future other people do and I'm 1 of them.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I suspect there are an awful lot of people in this thread who have never even seen Henriquez play a full game but are taking the chance to have a go at the club for letting him go on the very slim chance that he does a Pogba. The amount of United fans who take every opportunity to have a go at the club lately based on feck all amazes me. Henriquez scored 20 goals in a league where Andrej Kramaric finished as top scorer despite leaving in January yet people are acting as if he should go straight into our first team and presuming they know better than the club who have been working with him for 3 years. The truth is he never impressed in a United jersey which for a youngster hoping to be given a chance at the club is a prerequisite and he never settled particularly well in England so has gone to Dinamo and has a few players around him who he has known for years which has clearly helped him settle. He's done well at a club and environment which suits him better than United so why should the club stand in his way by asking for a higher fee and standing in the way of him getting on with his career. He's not good enough for United's first team at the moment and will have to develop massively to ever reach a level where he is. He's a clever player and a good goal scorer so I'm sure he will go on to have a good career but I'd be surprised if he reaches a level where letting him leave is seen as a huge mistake.
Good post.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Random bump, but I just saw a match where United flop Angelo Henriquez faced Di Santo ex-Chelsea flop here in south america

Okey

Random bump, but I just saw a match where United flop Angelo Henriquez faced Di Santo ex-Chelsea flop here in south america
Tim Vickery was on about him on Talksport over the weekend. Probably the same game cos he mentioned Di Santo too. Apparently still a flop, poor Angelo. That United move probably ruined him.

Nicolarra90

Tim Vickery was on about him on Talksport over the weekend. Probably the same game cos he mentioned Di Santo too. Apparently still a flop, poor Angelo. That United move probably ruined him.
After that great year in croatia all went downhill, 2nd season not so good and the 3rd was bad. Then a really bad year in mexico.
Finally he came back to universidad de chile where he started great the first games but then he started playing bad and ended benched.

Until recently he has found some form, scoring goals in the last 3 games from last season which qualified us to copa libertadores qualifying rounds (the game against di Santo, which universidad de chile lost, since half the first team was covid positive).

This weekend is our first game in the league, so hopefully he gets better, since he's still pretty young... 27 in April.