Angelo Henriquez

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He gave interview before derby with Hajduk and confirmed that he's staying in Zagreb, seems Mamić didn't lie this time about him being bought from United.

ravelston

He gave interview before derby with Hajduk and confirmed that he's staying in Zagreb, seems Mamić didn't lie this time about him being bought from United.
He's still listed as one of our first team squad. Means that no transaction has been finalised. He'll only stay if Zagreb have the desire (and the funds) to complete the deal. Hopefully we'll see him back.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He's still listed as one of our first team squad. Means that no transaction has been finalised. He'll only stay if Zagreb have the desire (and the funds) to complete the deal. Hopefully we'll see him back.
They have money, think both United and Dinamo are just waiting transfer window to open so the deal can be finalise. He's been very good for Dinamo but United is few levels above so don't se whats the fuss with him staying in Zagreb. Quality player but not United quality, good transfer for all parties involved.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Another hat trick today. If he does go to Dinamo, they've nabbed themselves a hell of a deal.

Gannicus

I just don't get it. The man was sent out on loan to prove himself, he proves himself and thus we sell him for virtually nothing?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I just don't get it. The man was sent out on loan to prove himself, he proves himself and thus we sell him for virtually nothing?
Wasn't this one of those loans with a permanent deal in place at the end if Dinamo wanted it? The surprising part is the fee rather than the loan itself.

ottosec

Such a odd handling when it comes to thins kid... He was sent straight on loan after we signed him, then on loan again the next season, he didn't even made the squad for the US tour with LVG. Basically he got no chances to prove himself here, I don't know what happened, the only reasonable explanation is that he didn't want to play in the reserves? I honestly can't remember us buying a player and sending him straight on loan like we did with this kid, he's probably spent 3 months in Manchester in the 3 years since we signed him.

People say that he was poor in his first 2 loans, but he was a 18yo kid that just came from Chile to the PL and was almost immediately thrown in the relegation battle with Wigan, the chances of that being a success were always slim. I don't know what happened at Zaragoza, but surely he deserved a chance to prove himself here like everybody else.

Now it looks like he scored 30 goals this season for Dinamo and we are selling him for 700k? :lol: WTF?!?

Castia

3m for a 21 year old striker who could possibly hit 30 goals by the end of the season, not to mention he's been in multiple Chile squads (5 caps 2 goals)

It's the type of deal Porto make but they then sell them on for about 25m. He will score another 30 next season and seal a move to a decent European club.

ottosec

3m for a 21 year old striker who could possibly hit 30 goals by the end of the season, not to mention he's been in multiple Chile squads (5 caps 2 goals)

It's the type of deal Porto make but they then sell them on for about 25m
Where did you get the 3m from? From my understanding they have an option to buy for ~700k(€1m).

ghagua

Hope United have a sell on clause, because sooner or later he will move for a lot more.

Ekeke

This was clearly not a loan for him to prove himself. That was last season, to a premier league team. This one was about him securing a future with a team who has plans for him

Ibi Dreams

If that's the case (and I don't necessarily disagree), it is weird that we never seemed to even consider him as a prospect for United. We spent a decent amount on him and he came very highly rated, I don't understand how he seems to have been pretty much ignored or unwanted from the get go

wiz4231

VG got it wrong here, if he didn't use 3-5-2 formation at the start of the season and used the current formation there would have been no need to bring Falcao in, he still would have got rid of Welbeck and Hernandez because they wanted more playing time but Henriquez would/should have been given a chance IMO. 29/36 speaks for itself regardless of league quality, he's simply a goal scorer and a player we should keep for the future.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
29/36 speaks for itself regardless of league quality, he's simply a goal scorer and a player we should keep for the future.
No it doesn't.

Yes it's impressive as a pure stat and I'm glad he's playing well and scoring goals but there are a million examples of players who have scored loads of goals in lesser leagues by the bucketload and then gone on to do absolutely nothing in a proper league.

wiz4231

No it doesn't.

Yes it's impressive as a pure stat and I'm glad he's playing well and scoring goals but there are a million examples of players who have scored loads of goals in lesser leagues by the bucketload and then gone on to do absolutely nothing in a proper league.
Hes 21. Plenty of time to grow into the player he's promising to be.
As players doing well in lesser leagues while underperforming in better leagues, if we go by that we would only sign players from our own league which I don't think that's always possible. Which striker could we sign from our league with proven quality?

Ekeke

If that's the case (and I don't necessarily disagree), it is weird that we never seemed to even consider him as a prospect for United. We spent a decent amount on him and he came very highly rated, I don't understand how he seems to have been pretty much ignored or unwanted from the get go
Because we got a new manager in and he was about 7th in the pecking order for attackers. You heard LVG in the summer saying we were unbalanced with our forwards, we got rid of the likes of Kagawa and let Welbeck and Hernandez leave, Henriquez was just so far down the pecking order that he will have been told like the others that he wouldnt be getting playing time and will need to look elsewhere.

Wilson and Januzaj were clearly the priority and thats more young players getting chances than most teams looking to reach the top.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Well he wasn't to be fair, there was a permanent deal option agreed with Dinamo already. The deal was quite similar to Chicharito and Real.

AtlMuppet

It is simple maths really. Even one season here playing for the reserves with the odd cameo appearance would've fetched up way more money than what's happening now.

This is a clusterfeck. The kid deserved a chance. We didn't give him one, and are now losing another promising youngster for nearly a free.

jb8521

Its amazing how many people are eager to jump on United for allowing him to leave. Why should the club hold a player back who they clearly dont see as being good enough for the first team for the sake of an extra couple of million a lot of which would be paid out on wages anyway. There were talks a while back and Henriquez would have come back if United had indicated that he would have played a part in the first team which didnt happen. He struggled to settle in England similar to Varela and is doing well at Dinamo where hes playing alongside his former Universidad de Chile team mate Junior Fernandes which has helped him settle. Just for some perspective on the strength of the league he's playing in Andrej Kramaric is still the leagues top scorer despite playing for a far weaker team and joining Leicester in January.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
His record is impressive (the league is poor, but he is only 21). Not sure if he'd ever make it here, but would have liked to see him get a chance.

Castia

Its amazing how many people are eager to jump on United for allowing him to leave. Why should the club hold a player back who they clearly dont see as being good enough for the first team for the sake of an extra couple of million a lot of which would be paid out on wages anyway. There were talks a while back and Henriquez would have come back if United had indicated that he would have played a part in the first team which didnt happen. He struggled to settle in England similar to Varela and is doing well at Dinamo where hes playing alongside his former Universidad de Chile team mate Junior Fernandes which has helped him settle. Just for some perspective on the strength of the league he's playing in Andrej Kramaric is still the leagues top scorer despite playing for a far weaker team and joining Leicester in January.

I agree with all that, you make some good points but it just bothers me how he wasn't given a chance, even for the reserves i think he was only in Manchester for about 4 months before we decided to loan him to Wigan who were in the middle of a relegation scrap. This is a 18 year old lad who's moved from Chile to England, had 4 months at a new club then found himself on Wigan's bench while they got a pasting every week. They should have eased him in, let him settle in Manchester and play for the U21's if he wasn't good enough then so be it but give him a chance.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Players come and go, not all will make at United. The majority of young players we have let move on have not proven to be mistakes, a couple have, such is life. Maybe he will be a Pogba, we regret not being able to keep or maybe he will be a Diouf who got off to a great start when he left us and had some people all upset about us never "giving him a chance" you don't hear many complaints these days.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Felt like we went through a bit of trouble to sign him in the first place. Now that he's scored 30 goals (despite the league) we should be getting at least getting £10 million for him. That's what is mildly frustrating. He wouldn't be the first player we sold seemingly under value, so where does it stop?

Ekeke

He also had a good record in europe. And I completely agree, its great that Henriquez is scoring regularly unlike when he was in England with us, but its a weak league and we'll be able to replace him without any problems. Its a shame he didnt get a chance, but he didnt deserve one before now and he was part of a lot of forwards being shipped out last summer when LVG didnt know him. Welbeck was sold and he'd have been more useful this season

Felt like we went through a bit of trouble to sign him in the first place. Now that he's scored 30 goals (despite the league) we should be getting at least getting £10 million for him. That's what is mildly frustrating. He wouldn't be the first player we sold seemingly under value, so where does it stop?
We agreed the deal before he kicked a ball for them. We cant suddenly go back and ask for more now.

We sold him when he didnt do much for the reserves and didnt do much on loan last season

Gannicus

This was clearly not a loan for him to prove himself. That was last season, to a premier league team. This one was about him securing a future with a team who has plans for him
The man just scored 30 goals. Why would Louis not give him a sniff at first team action?

Ekeke

The man just scored 30 goals. Why would Louis not give him a sniff at first team action?
Because we shipped him off last summer, not this summer. We put a finite amount to buy in his contract showing that we were happy to let him go for that fee.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
This was not a loan to secure his future elsewhere, he is not 25-26 who has to prove to his future employers that he is gonna be a good player. He is still a young guy and is new to Premier League and can't be expected to perform consistently. If we were not sure about his potential then we would have sold him last year itself.

Surely after scoring 30 goals although in a poor league so to speak he can get an opportunity atleast in preseason to impress LVG and get a new contract. A pre-decided low transfer fee only indicates that if in case he doesn't perform as per our standards, then we can ship him off easily to a team who can buy him.

Last edited:

coolredwine

lameredboots
Whats the deal with his contract? I have seen a lot of people say he has been sold for 1M? Is that true? I am still under the impression that he is on loan.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Whats the deal with his contract? I have seen a lot of people say he has been sold for 1M? Is that true? I am still under the impression that he is on loan.
He was on loan but Dinamo had the clause where they could buy him for 800k-1M. They have exercised that clause now.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Is it confirmed? Have we agreed? This is the only piece of news that I could find related to his transfer, and seems bullshit to me.
If Dinamo and Henriquez agrees to a contract then we don't have any say in this matter. He himself confirmed the deal I guess few days ago.

Roman Bellic

Prick
If there's no buy-back clause on that contract and he ends up signing for one of our European/EPL rivals later on... then someone needs to get sacked.