Angelo Henriquez

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
This was not a loan to secure his future elsewhere, he is not 25-26 who has to prove to his future employers that he is gonna be a good player. He is still a young guy and is new to Premier League and can't be expected to perform consistently. If we were not sure about his potential then we would have sold him last year itself.
It clearly was which is why Dinamo had a clause to buy him for a fixed amount. The fact that the club hasn't reached out to him to convince him to stay further reinforces that view. As for why we didn't sell him, Dinamo probably didn't want to buy him outright last season and the clubs settled on this arrangement.

We don't think he's good enough. Whether we get 1m for him or 5m is irrelevant once we've made our mind up.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Has he gone then? Can't seem to find any news on him. I know the window isn't open yet but usually you see the agreement finalised beforehand. Was hoping we'd get a look at him on tour and then remembered Dynamo have an option to buy for next to bugger all.

vodrake

Has he gone then? Can't seem to find any news on him. I know the window isn't open yet but usually you see the agreement finalised beforehand. Was hoping we'd get a look at him on tour and then remembered Dynamo have an option to buy for next to bugger all.
He was on the list of retained players in the club the PL released the other day, so still at the club for now. I imagine he'll be off fairly soon after the Window opens though as he's indicated Dynamo were going to take up the option to buy him in interviews recently.

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He was on the list of retained players in the club the PL released the other day, so still at the club for now. I imagine he'll be off fairly soon after the Window opens though as he's indicated Dynamo were going to take up the option to buy him in interviews recently.
Cheers, pretty bummed about the whole thing if i'm honest. Shame he never got a chance to prove himself.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

... So is he ours or what? 'Former Manchester United striker'.

bri2013

Maybe this clears thing up regarding Henriquez.

Nine players' loans away from the club have expired – namely Sam Johnstone, Reece James, Saidy Janko, Guillermo Varela, Jesse Lingard, Nani, Angelo Henriquez, Javier Hernandez and Will Keane. Janko departed permanently on Wednesday for Celtic, while Henriquez has joined loan club Dinamo Zagreb on a permanent basis

Taken from ManUtd.com article below

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...irst-team-squad-player-profiles.aspx?pageNo=1

ThanksBoss26

Nine players' loans away from the club have expired – namely Sam Johnstone, Reece James, Saidy Janko, Guillermo Varela, Jesse Lingard, Nani, Angelo Henriquez, Javier Hernandez and Will Keane. Janko departed permanently on Wednesday for Celtic, while Henriquez has joined loan club Dinamo Zagreb on a permanent basis

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...irst-team-squad-player-profiles.aspx?pageNo=1
Indeed it does. He's gone. I expect quite a few of that list will follow him and Janko out the club too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Cheers. Seems really odd the club never officially announced anything. Seems like everyone else has been - Thorpe, Janko etc. have had tweets confirming and wishing them well.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Complete waste of time signing him.

He will be another Rossi.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The club tweeted last night about mufc striker Angelo Henriquez coming off the bench and winning the Copa America but they've deleted it now. Doesn't seem like people working for the club even know whats going on with him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Complete waste of time signing him.

He will be another Rossi.
I doubt it, but yea waste of a signing, total waste.
I don't get comments like this at all. What do you mean "waste"? We try to get a bunch of talented youngsters on our books, in case a tiny % turn out good enough.

It's literally impossible to only sign kids who are guaranteed to make the grade, so why on earth would the vast majority be considered a "waste"? It's just the inevitable consequences of having very high standards.

khoazany

The club tweeted last night about mufc striker Angelo Henriquez coming off the bench and winning the Copa America but they've deleted it now. Doesn't seem like people working for the club even know whats going on with him.
They know.He was officially sold today.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I don't get comments like this at all. What do you mean "waste"? We try to get a bunch of talented youngsters on our books, in case a tiny % turn out good enough.

It's literally impossible to only sign kids who are guaranteed to make the grade, so why on earth would the vast majority be considered a "waste"? It's just the inevitable consequences of having very high standards.
I would guess the waste comment was in regards to the fact he never got a chance despite impressing

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Because he is evidently good enough to play professional football at a decent level.

In a couple of years time this thread will be resurrected when he gets a transfer to one of the stronger leagues.

Loublaze

ATLien

It just didn't make sense to send him on three loans back to back, 2 of them to teams in foreign leagues. Not one senior team app and he's been picked internationally for Chile in those years. It was a waste of time.

khoazany

It just didn't make sense to send him on three loans back to back, 2 of them to teams in foreign leagues. It was a waste of time.
What else can we do?He didn't impress with our U21s and he already played 1 year of pro football before that so clearly it will help him develop more than stagnant at Reserves level.Furthermore since he's coming from abroad at 18 he won't have the patience to stay at that level.But yeah whenever a youngster didn't make it it's the fault of the club.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Because he is evidently good enough to play professional football at a decent level.

In a couple of years time this thread will be resurrected when he gets a transfer to one of the stronger leagues.
If he is good enough to play professional football at a decent level then credit is due to our scouts. Might not be good enough for United but hey, not many are. Still don't get why his time with the club was a "waste".

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It just didn't make sense to send him on three loans back to back, 2 of them to teams in foreign leagues. Not one senior team app and he's been picked internationally for Chile in those years. It was a waste of time.
Why was it a waste? He's played regularly and, by all accounts, improved. People bitch and moan when youngsters get stuck playing for our reserves and now they're moaning when they have a succesful stint on loan too? Go figure.

Loublaze

ATLien
Why was it a waste? He's played regularly and, by all accounts, improved. People bitch and moan when youngsters get stuck playing for our reserves and now they're moaning when they have a succesful stint on loan too? Go figure.
When players are loaned out to foreign leagues it becomes evident that they don't have a future at their parent club. We should've tried to secure another loan to an English team after his Wigan stint. His move to Spain was probably an audition. Should've just sold him when he came back from there. Its what it is.

::sonny::

When players are loaned out to foreign leagues it becomes evident that they don't have a future at their parent club. We should've tried to secure another loan to an English team after his Wigan stint. His move to Spain was probably an audition. Should've just sold him when he came back from there. Its what it is.
Pique was loaned out at Zaragoza and he improved there.

bri2013

Indeed it does. He's gone. I expect quite a few of that list will follow him and Janko out the club too.
Most of that list probably won't be here next season. Shame Henriquez didn't get a chance pre season to show how far he has developed while on loan but i guess we had people watching his progress last season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
His loan was succesful. The choice was obviously the right one. Just turns out he's not good enough for United. Shit happens. Still struggling to understand the "waste" here.

Loublaze

ATLien
Pique was loaned out at Zaragoza and he improved there.
I thought he was on his way out after that loan tbh...wasn't suprised when he left the season after that. Same thing with Rodrigo Possebon and Josh King. I know they're not all destined to make it at OT, but these foreign loans are usually not good signs.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
His loan was succesful. The choice was obviously the right one. Just turns out he's not good enough for United. Shit happens. Still struggling to understand the "waste" here.
The same way you worked out he wasnt good enough.. And you can cite our scouts as always being right as Rossi, Pogba and others have not been afforded the same chance.. Noone at Manchester United used not good enough, how do u know AH didnt want away?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
We clearly didn't think he was good enough which is why he was loaned out with a buyout clause. About as clear cut as it gets really.

And I doubt he'll ever reach a level where we'll end up regretting the decision. I've never regretted Rossi leaving us either. We've always had better strikers at the club.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
And I suppose since we are selling a young and talented attacker who was on low wages with us that we must have made a significant profit with his selling price... right?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
We clearly didn't think he was good enough which is why he was loaned out with a buyout clause. About as clear cut as it gets really.

And I doubt he'll ever reach a level where we'll end up regretting the decision. I've never regretted Rossi leaving us either. We've always had better strikers at the club.
I think you will change your mind with hindsight, he may not yet be at the level, and even if Utd deemed him not good enough (which is not clear as you said, as they may feel we have an abundance in that position, rather than him not be up to it).

He will go on to become a good striker, i doubt ever WC, but he will have a good career and id imagine wiuld have been at the least a handy squad player, but my poiint here is because we sell a player, we cannot assume he was simply not good enough, he may have even wanted to leave like Pogba.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
And I suppose since we are selling a young and talented attacker who was on low wages with us that we must have made a significant profit with his selling price... right?
No.. To squeeze a few m extra out of these little transfers would be a detterant for younger players to join us, knowing we wpuld demand higher fairer fees etc..

wiz4231

Henriquez has always been a goal scorer and hes proven that now regardless of league. He will continue to grow and develop into a top player. At the end of the day UTD couldn't offer him what he wanted, game time. That's why he had asked to go out on loan year on year while he's been with us and that IMO has worked against him. If he had decide to stay with UTD and play for the U21 things may have worked out different for him. I'm damn sure he would have got bags of goals for the U21 just like he has done at Dimano and thus staked a claim for himself to get a chance at the first team like Wilson.

khoazany

I think you will change your mind with hindsight, he may not yet be at the level, and even if Utd deemed him not good enough (which is not clear as you said, as they may feel we have an abundance in that position, rather than him not be up to it).

He will go on to become a good striker, i doubt ever WC, but he will have a good career and id imagine wiuld have been at the least a handy squad player, but my poiint here is because we sell a player, we cannot assume he was simply not good enough, he may have even wanted to leave like Pogba.
So...what's your next username? :rolleyes:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

It's pretty much the same thing. He wasn't good enough to break into the team with the competition he had and still isn't which is why he was sold. Not even a good season changed LVG's mind.

Diouf is a good striker as well, we'll never regret selling him. Henriquez will go the same way. Maybe a level higher but there are plenty of 'good' strikers in the market.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
my poiint here is because we sell a player, we cannot assume he was simply not good enough, he may have even wanted to leave like Pogba.
That's a stupid point. You are right, if we sell a player then it's not 100% that they're simply not good enough, just 99.9%. Apart from Pogba and Rossi, what players that have left early do you think had the ability to make it at United but wanted out? I'm happy to assume, unless told specifically that they chose to leave, that if a player leaves it's because the coaches who see him daily, and the scouts who see him when he's on loan don't deem him good enough.

I like Henriquez, he's a good goalscorer who has a lot to his game and he'll have a decent-good career. I doubt he'll make it at a real top club, but maybe if it all goes right he'll be a regular in a CL/EL club in a good league (say like Valencia). He's not been tested in a difficult league - doing OK in the Championship and well in the Croatian league doesn't make up for the fact that when he was with the U21's he clearly didn't show enough.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
So...what's your next username? :rolleyes:
Funnily enough, id rarely seen much of AH before choosing this, i only choose it for his FM ability if im honest, if anything it created an affiliation rather then me being a natural fan boy.
It's pretty much the same thing. He wasn't good enough to break into the team with the competition he had and still isn't which is why he was sold. Not even a good season changed LVG's mind.

Diouf is a good striker as well, we'll never regret selling him. Henriquez will go the same way. Maybe a level higher but there are plenty of 'good' strikers in the market.
Absolutely it is not the same thing, if a club has say 2 top strikers, and chooses to let one go, if thats even what happened, it doesnt indicate he isnt good enough, merely it wouldnt hurt our short term, its not a direct indication of his ability.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
That's a stupid point. You are right, if we sell a player then it's not 100% that they're simply not good enough, just 99.9%. Apart from Pogba and Rossi, what players that have left early do you think had the ability to make it at United but wanted out? I'm happy to assume, unless told specifically that they chose to leave, that if a player leaves it's because the coaches who see him daily, and the scouts who see him when he's on loan don't deem him good enough.

I like Henriquez, he's a good goalscorer who has a lot to his game and he'll have a decent-good career. I doubt he'll make it at a real top club, but maybe if it all goes right he'll be a regular in a CL/EL club in a good league (say like Valencia). He's not been tested in a difficult league - doing OK in the Championship and well in the Croatian league doesn't make up for the fact that when he was with the U21's he clearly didn't show enough.
Why is that a stupid point? And more has changed at Utd in the last 2 years, than has during the last 30, cant use the past as precident when future has changed