g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Angelo Henriquez

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Especially since scouts don't run the academy.
Since you know that the like of Janujaz wasn't born in Manchester, how do you think he's in the academy on the first place? Fergie watched his 3 minutes youtube?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
:lol:

It would be great if Henriquez came back and became a great player for us. I don't get to watch the league he is in now so can't judge it much.

Could be he will leave and we will look back at it like Pogba or he could leave and we never regret it
We are in dire need of a player who can put the ball in the net. Wilson is a much bigger talent than him (imho) but suffers Rafaelitis. Of course, if Henriquez's gone than so be it. Do people think he's the 'missing piece' for our attack? no. But the boy scores a lot as such a young age. He could be another Macheda, or the next Pogba/Rossi/Pique.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
We are in dire need of a player who can put the ball in the net. Wilson is a much bigger talent than him (imho) but suffers Rafaelitis. Of course, if Henriquez's gone than so be it. Do people think he's the 'missing piece' for our attack? no. But the boy scores a lot as such a young age. He could be another Macheda, or the next Pogba/Rossi/Pique.
pique probably not a good example given there were two great reasons he could not break into the starting line up at te time we sold him. At that time Rio and Vidic were perhaps the best pairing in the world. Plus with his contract situation he was gone in a year for free if we did not sell him, he was going home to Barcelona.

Rossi shows how timing can be everything. At the time he seemed stuck behind a strong striker force, but just months later he would have moved up.

izec

Good luck to him. Sad that he had not a proper chance here, i am sure he will get a good move in the next few years if he continues banging them in. I hope we buy a striker this summer, otherwise it would have been nice if we kept him and let Falcao go back. Still a bit baffled that we let him go.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Ah damn. Not sure how many times I watched Universidad matches just to watch him play a few years back. Thought he was destined for big things - still think he will.

Hope it goes well for the guy.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Shocking business. Hopefully we've put a buy-back clause in, and have a load of bonuses lined up because €2-3m alone is shameful.

FromTheBench

We gave them a cheap clause it seems for no reason and they seem to be using it now.

Probably has plenty of add ons though.

Dissapointing he won't get his chance at United but i think he will be good enough in few years if he is, and timing doesn't suit us. Also, lvg is rigid if he has made his mind up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's a disappointing sum but I don't think he was ever going to make it here, so I guess we've let him go to a club he is playing well at and is comfortable. Good of the club to not play hard ball and ruin his career.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
i dont rate Henriquez but the fee we got is laughable, but cant say this is a surprise. We are giving our players for free for quite a while....

Eila

Dynamo can easily sell him for 15-20 million of he keeps his numbers, he's still very young. Joke of a fee.

SambaBoy

Why have we sold him so cheap. He's 21 and is only going to get better, if we want to get rid of him, loan him out to a better team then let him prove himself and then sell him for a bigger fee. Poor business by us.

Eila

Would be nice to know the details of the deal. A 50% of his next sale would be a good clause.
That would be a lot more decent, just as long as Dynamo don't snub us by selling two players to the team that wants to buy Henriquez and pricing Henriquez half a million. I know Mallorca did that to Spurs with Giovani dos Santos and Tomas Pina. And I think Porto did that with James + Moutinho.

Ekeke

Good luck to Henriquez, we knew he was leaving due to the low buy fee and him doing well.

For those who dont understand, LVG came in and didnt know him and didnt have any plans for him. We sent him out on loan with a buy fee because he was seen as surplus

Clearly this was a bad call, but he had lots of players to get to know and Henriquez was obviously a low priority because he hadnt done anything at the club yet and wasnt our highest rated youngster. He wasnt doing much in the reserves either

settembrini

It easy to laugh at the fee but if we sell another promising youngster for the same amount we could pay for another six months of Falcao.

edit: Actually we couldn't. I was just thinking of wages and forgetting loan fees to Monaco and agents fee to Mendes. My bad.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
That would be a lot more decent, just as long as Dynamo don't snub us by selling two players to the team that wants to buy Henriquez and pricing Henriquez half a million. I know Mallorca did that to Spurs with Giovani dos Santos and Tomas Pina. And I think Porto did that with James + Moutinho.
The same happened when Vorm went from Swansea to Spurs. FC Utrecht sold him for a low price but high % on the resale and they got nothing from Swansea, since they claimed Vorm was transferred for 'free'. I believe Utrecht have taken it to FIFA though, it's taking them a long time to judge but that case could be the blueprint so that this won't happen anymore in the future.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Why have we sold him so cheap. He's 21 and is only going to get better, if we want to get rid of him, loan him out to a better team then let him prove himself and then sell him for a bigger fee. Poor business by us.
It is poor business. We built an attractive price into the loan deal and they took advantage. Woodward doesn't seem to care about bringing in money from selling players - more focused on commercial deals.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
People who are saying that the fee is too cheap must remember that we gave Dinamo Zagreb the option to sign him for 3m € and his contract runs out too next season. The mistake was made already months ago because we should have never given them the first option to sign him for that fee.

I'm sure he will score 30-40 goals next season and will move then to Club X for £11-12m :)