Angelo Henriquez

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles

• He is on loan with an option for Dinamo to buy. Previous comments from Dinamo suggest that they wish to take up that option.
  • Comments from Henríquez' family in Chilean media a couple of months ago suggested Henríquez wants to go back to Man Utd to prove himself.
  • For a transfer to happen Henríquez would have to accept Dinamo's offer, regardless of what the arrangement with Man Utd is.
  • From what I understand, no decision has been made yet by Henríquez, which leads me to think he won't make a decision until the summer.

Last edited:

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
"Dinamo is making an effort to buy my contract from Manchester United, which means they are satisfied with me," he told the club's official website.

"I feel great at Dinamo and in Zagreb, I feel great on and off the pitch and that is why I want to stay here. People here accepted me, I've gained many friends, Zagreb is beautiful city and the fans love me too.

"We are on the way to win the double and to compete in Champions League qualification and I am looking forward to being a part of that."
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...z-i-dont-want-to-go-back-to-manchester-united

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Good record with Dinamo, fair play to him. Never got a chance here, mainly because our attack was loaded.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Let him go then if he wants, not good enough here.
Right now he might not be good enough to be a starter for us, but he has the potential to be.

With Falcao certainly gone, and RVP with a questionable level, this might be a good time for him to come back and try to make it into the squad.

Wilson is far from being a dead cert future star striker.

forevrared

I'd love to see him given a chance in pre-season next year. With Falcao and Van Persie likely gone, we'll be without a natural poacher, shoes he could easily fill if he makes the step up.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If he's doing well on loan why not bring him back for the summer to see how he does. Falcao and RvP are obviously not getting any younger so there's really nothing to lose here.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
If he's done very well then maybe Wilson should be loaned out next year and Henriquez given the 3rd choice role. Bring him back and see what he does this summer

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
There were massive rumors Dinamo had taken up their option on him months ago, but as was speculated at the time, it would seem Henriquez is not on board with moving there permanently.
There were reports last month with quotes saying he was happy at Dinamo and would like to stay. They were going to be in Champions League and he looked forward to being apart of it. If the quotes were true or not, I don't know.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
There were reports last month with quotes saying he was happy at Dinamo and would like to stay. They were going to be in Champions League and he looked forward to being apart of it. If the quotes were true or not, I don't know.
Those were true quotes, but only in the scenario where we decide not to recall him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Those were true quotes, but only in the scenario where we decide not to recall him.
Ah fair enough. I remember a few months back there being something on twitter about one of his reps saying he plans on coming back and thinks he is better than James Wilson. Thought he might have changed his mind. Whether he stays or not I don't think moving to Dinamo would be good for him, the level isn't good enough and he should be aiming higher than that.

Sid234

Scored vs Lokomotiva Zagreb yesterday. Takes his tally to 13 goals in 20 league games and 22 goals in 30 appearances in all competitions

izec

Juve suck. I d rather he goes for free to Dinamo than for a mini sum to Juve. Tight cnuts looking for cheap deals around.

I dont know why but i really want him to get his chance here. He was one of the more exciting youngsters we have signed.

FromTheBench

He'll be a star in few years and will peak slightly late. Problem is the timing won't be right for us.

m1y2

22 goals and 5 assists (33 matches, including subs) for a 21 year old striker on loan, is a very good return. Would be a mismanagement if we dont give him a chance, especially since all our strikers havent looked near good enough this season.
Sometimes I doubt if we even care about our players on loan, surely there is someone assessed to this task but do we monitor them enough? Another problem is that the player sometimes fall in love with the club and fancies his chances there. I think it's the case of Angelo but we have only one place for striker to develop and that is Wilson's. He would bang 20 in Croatian league for fun I guess.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Sometimes I doubt if we even care about our players on loan, surely there is someone assessed to this task but do we monitor them enough? Another problem is that the player sometimes fall in love with the club and fancies his chances there. I think it's the case of Angelo but we have only one place for striker to develop and that is Wilson's. He would bang 20 in Croatian league for fun I guess.
Not sure, I think all round Wilson is better/ got more potential but Henriques will be the better striker/finisher, he just scores, and is more of a poacher / box striker than Wilson who drifts out of position more. The way we've been monitoring Wilson is pretty awful imo by the way, he was in very good form for the u21, then in and out of the first team, with poor sun appearances and it looks like he's lost his form..

m1y2

Not sure, I think all round Wilson is better/ got more potential but Henriques will be the better striker/finisher, he just scores, and is more of a poacher / box striker than Wilson who drifts out of position more. The way we've been monitoring Wilson is pretty awful imo by the way, he was in very good form for the u21, then in and out of the first team, with poor sun appearances and it looks like he's lost his form..
WIlson's finishing is as good as it gets but he certainly needs to work on his aerial abilities which are below par. Henriquez is way better in it and looks like the ball will always find him in the box, but its the potential which matters in this case. Henriquez is potentially great striker but maybe slightly below United quality, could be slower and more well-rounded version of Hernandez in the future but I have seen only highlights of him this season so...

Wilson looks like top talent but he needs to stay fit and get a good run of games to gain confidence and polish is all-round play, especially his holding play and already mentioned aerial play which holds him back and doesn't make him useful enough for the team to start more games. He's currently good only for counter attacking play.

Henriquez would come more in handy now, he also is "more" experienced as he won the fecking FA cup but I believe Willo will work hard during the summer and work on his weak points and will fight Van Persie for the second striker. Would hope for him having a season similar to Kane's debut season.. I wouldn't mind loaning him out to a premier league team too where he wouldn't sit on the bench of course..

Bwuk

Surely the fact he's rattling goals in should mean he's given a chance.