Anthony Gordon | Newcastle watch

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Has he even played for Newcastle since moving?
Yes, started against City and wasn’t great. Was in a decent position to score and accidentally touched it with his other foot before shooting so he miskicked it.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
What a cnut. Didn’t he skip training and stuff before he left? He looks like a smack head as well…

Man-United

Everton fans love to boo their former players and manager so good luck at Goodison then, Anthony.

Chipper

Adulterer.
He wanted credit and a good send-off after going on strike?

In a separate note I don't get the fuss over him as a player. He works hard t but I don't think he provides much in an attacking capacity. Isn't he supposed to be attack-minded?

Just to make sure I wasn't going mad, I looked up his FBref scouting report. I'd imagine a natural full-back could play where he does and match that.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Did he play a massive part? I don’t really recall him that much but I don’t recall many of them last season

Chipper

Adulterer.
Did he play a massive part? I don’t really recall him that much but I don’t recall many of them last season
Scored 4 goals and got 2 assists all season. 2 of those goals were in a home defeat to Brighton.

He did score in their 1-0 win over us in April, that was an important one.

TheReligion

Abusive
Who advised him to do this?! :lol:

Meh don’t think there’s much wrong with it.

He was guided by the interviewer a little but he’s just being real with how he felt I guess.

Always sad when you see a local player not at their club so to speak.

Lecland07

To be fair, didn't Everton fans block him from actually going home. People might think that behaviour is okay, but having a mob around your car is pretty threatening.

Not surprised he is not fond of the fans after that. Would people want to stay at a club after what is, essentially, a threat?

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Not the best move on his part, wonder who's advising him (if anyone).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

He was guided by the interviewer a little but he’s just being real with how he felt I guess.

You don't think some kid saying he was a "massive part" of them staying up and is amazed he didn't get "enough credit" isn't wrong?
It's utterly hilariously deluded. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
To be fair, didn't Everton fans block him from actually going home. People might think that behaviour is okay, but having a mob around your car is pretty threatening.

Not surprised he is not fond of the fans after that. Would people want to stay at a club after what is, essentially, a threat?
This is a decent take. Having the chance to get away from such an area, and trouser way higher wages is a decision most would take.
To say he had a "massive" role in them staying up is just silly though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Come on. Those people aren’t representative of the whole fan base and it was a couple of idiots being idiots. Him leaving wasn’t to do with them. It’s because he thinks he’s ‘it’ and that’s partly the clubs fault with the star boy stuff.

It was more Pickford, Richy and Iwobi that kept us up. Him being given those awards was partly due to him being a local lad and that he grafted, I’ll give him that, but goals and assist wise he didn’t provide much at all. Also, he gave up this season, he stopped training and put in a request. That completely opposes supposedly being a reason the club stayed up if the next season when they’re in the same position you treat the club like shite and with no respect.

Abraxas

He's pretty poor. Newcastle have done some great business but this one was a real cock up.

nufc-forever

Supports
newcastle
He's pretty poor. Newcastle have done some great business but this one was a real cock up.
What?? In every short cameo he has been brilliant so far, EH likes to bed new signings slowly (guimaraes included) and now after thr last murphys performance- gordon will start games. Very good player

Abraxas

What?? In every short cameo he has been brilliant so far, EH likes to bed new signings slowly (guimaraes included) and now after thr last murphys performance- gordon will start games. Very good player
He's an attacker that doesn't score or create.

Are you sure you're looking at the right Ant(h)ony?

Brophs

The One and Only
He’s good value. Not in the sense of his transfer fee, obviously, but in that he’s happy to make a complete tit of himself for my amusement at every opportunity.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of the best sales ever by a premier league team. Everton got something right this year.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can’t get over the Princess Diana comparisons

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
:lol:

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
His post wasn't that outlandish to be fair, he's looked bright so far. Has played his part in a couple of goals already, and should already have three assists in less than 120 minutes worth of football, if it wasn't for some wonky finishing squandering cast-iron chances that he created.

Red Star One

45m or something and he offers feck nothing. Turned 22 too so can't pretend he is a teenager anymore. I can't get my head around why Newcastle got him other than English players quotas, bang average