Anthony Martial #9

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Florida Man, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Aug 12, 2019

Turnip Full Member

Seeing AM9 running at defenders again gave me a semi. None of them quite came off yesterday, but we're gonna see some of them beautiful goals after he's turned a few defenders inside out this season I reckon.
  2. Aug 12, 2019

NinjaZombie Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Thank god Martial is now our number 9. I don't miss Lukaku miscontrolling passes and generally making a mess of things. Not for me.
  3. Aug 12, 2019

Robbie Boy Full Member

Where’s all the haters?
  4. Aug 12, 2019

Paranoid Android New Member

#NotForEveryone
  5. Aug 12, 2019

WolfInSharp'sClothing Full Member

Supports:
    Wolves
    From a neutral point of view, I've only really seen him on highlights for the last few years.

But I'm pretty sure when he scored and pointed to his number yesterday, it's the first time I've seen him properly smile?!
  6. Aug 12, 2019

humdinger Full Member

He ran his socks off yesterday and looked like he was enjoying himself. So refreshing to see. Here’s hoping for a rejuvenated and motivated Martial this season
  7. Aug 12, 2019

SCJY New Member

Sack Mashall, bring back Mark Henry
  8. Aug 12, 2019

JPRouve can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate Scout

People's obsession with his smile.:lol:
  9. Aug 12, 2019

Santoryo ripping the reward

His smile get more talked about than some players :lol:
  10. Aug 12, 2019

kirk buttercup Full Member

he did well , good competition between Him Rashford and Greenwood this year and be able to rotate a bit . I like it
  11. Aug 12, 2019

nycender New Member

His celebration seemed to be pointing to his smile
  12. Aug 12, 2019

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

:lol::lol:
  13. Aug 12, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Running hard and doing it with a smile on his face.

Ole must have been delighted with him, he actually scored a scrappy goal too!
  14. Aug 12, 2019

Sunny Jim Full Member

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
    Yes he did
  15. Aug 12, 2019

SCJY New Member

His celebration began with him having a sour face as he runs away, both his hands then gestured to his mouth turning it into a smile.

It's funny. I just noticed after reading the last few posts of this thread and then watching the celebration again. Has the club or the manager made some reference to his lack of smiling or something?
  16. Aug 12, 2019

Devilsrock7 New Member

He reads the Cafe hence the celebration ;)
  17. Aug 12, 2019

JPRouve can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate Scout

That reference has been made a lot in the press and he has been asked about it in interviews since the begin of his career. He is just having a laugh about it and it's a ridiculous obsession.
  18. Aug 12, 2019

kirk buttercup Full Member

he's a big semisonic fan
  19. Aug 12, 2019

Snafu17 Full Member

It happens pretty much every season.
  20. Aug 12, 2019

BiggusCrickus New Member

He will score goals if we carry on playing him down the middle. He seemed so much more involved in the game and not wasted our on the left. Martial I think is a player that needs to be made feel important and when he is. He delivers and is the player we all know he can be
  21. Aug 12, 2019

LuckyScout78 Full Member

At the highest and top level of football. Watching and observing all his time here. I will claim the boy can’t shoot straight. Shot like Rooney, Shearer, Rashford, Zlatan, Cantona or a natural nr.9 goalscorer. I want to see shoots like that. So Martial has to practice it on the training pitch. Give yourself more way to scoring goals. Like hit the ball straight outside or inside the box. He is good to curly the ball, but sometimes when its right to hit the ball straight. Just as an example. Like Abraham hit the ball str8 to the post, but just inside the goal.

If i am not wrong. I can’t remember a Martial goal like bang bang. Totally determination, hit ball perfect straight and just want the ball to hit the net. A really screamer. I challenge him to do it. Thierry Henry can both curl and hit ball straight too. But if you can’t do it. Then it’s a sign that you luv to dribble and curl the ball too much. A more of a really good dribbler.

And to be really honest. At his age. He is not on Rooney level as attacking and football player. Both skills and consistent level. And Rooney could score in every ways in the box. Conclusion. Martial still has a way to reach Rooney level. Then Martial will be really consistent good.

Again, I claim and challenge you. That you can’t shoot a screamer. ;) And to hit a really good screamer you get to be really determination. And top determination is a CF most important ability. Determination/Killer instinct = it will help your sharpness in front of the goal. It will help you hit ball more correctly. Contra you are sloppy and not fully determination. You can see it in Vardy or Zlatan in his younger years. 100 % determination and focus goes on and on again. Key ability of a top finish.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  22. Aug 12, 2019

Maticmaker Full Member

I believe a good continuous run of games now at no.9 should boost Martials performance no end and he can start to look as good as anything else in the PL including Kane and Aguero.
  23. Aug 12, 2019

onemanarmy Full Member

My head hurts.
  24. Aug 12, 2019

Dolf Full Member

Pretty sure he just copy pasted from Google Translate :lol:
  25. Aug 12, 2019

Sir Scott McToMinay Full Member

I didn’t watch yesterday’s game, was Martial played on the left in a 4231? Or more centrally?
  26. Aug 12, 2019

Santoryo ripping the reward

:lol:
  27. Aug 12, 2019

OldTrevil Full Member

Central in a 4231
  28. Aug 12, 2019

Andersons Dietician Full Member

Supports:
    Supports good football
    Central
  29. Aug 12, 2019

DWelbz19 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

It's really interesting you should say that because at the highest and top level of football. Watching and observing all his time here. I will claim the boy can’t shoot straight. Shot like Rooney, Shearer, Rashford, Zlatan, Cantona or a natural nr.9 goalscorer. I want to see shoots like that. So Martial has to practice it on the training pitch. Give yourself more way to scoring goals. Like hit the ball straight outside or inside the box. He is good to curly the ball, but sometimes when its right to hit the ball straight. Just as an example. Like Abraham hit the ball str8 to the post, but just inside the goal.

If i am not wrong. I can’t remember a Martial goal like bang bang. Totally determination, hit ball perfect straight and just want the ball to hit the net. A really screamer. I challenge him to do it. Thierry Henry can both curl and hit ball straight too. But if you can’t do it. Then it’s a sign that you luv to dribble and curl the ball too much. A more of a really good dribbler.

And to be really honest. At his age. He is not on Rooney level as attacking and football player. Both skills and consistent level. And Rooney could score in every ways in the box. Conclusion. Martial still has a way to reach Rooney level. Then Martial will be really consistent good.

Again, I claim and challenge you. That you can’t shoot a screamer. ;) And to hit a really good screamer you get to be really determination. And top determination is a CF most important ability. Determination/Killer instinct = it will help your sharpness in front of the goal. It will help you hit ball more correctly. Contra you are sloppy and not fully determination. You can see it in Vardy or Zlatan in his younger years. 100 % determination and focus goes on and on again. Key ability of a top finish.
  30. Aug 12, 2019

OldTrevil Full Member

:lol:
  31. Aug 12, 2019

Sir Scott McToMinay Full Member

So it was Rashford who was on the left?
  32. Aug 12, 2019

LuckyScout78 Full Member

One man doesn’t you have top English level. Understand whatever im writing. ;)
  33. Aug 12, 2019

Sparky Rhiwabon Full Member

I know it's hard not to get carried away with yesterday but is it just me that didn't think Martial was actually that good yesterday? I mean he was better than he has been but still pretty much repeating his one trick and Rashford was better and, for me, he should be the main striker not Martial. Feel like I'm a lone voice here though
  34. Aug 12, 2019

LuckyScout78 Full Member

Now, i am waiting for a Martial screamer. I challenge him. He can’t shoot ( a screamer ), if next time United lead 3-0. Just try to hit a screamer, when its of course right time for a screamer shot.

I have following United since King Cantona arrived to Old Trafford. And all United CFs until now have had a screamer goal. So Martial has to be on that list too.
  35. Aug 12, 2019

Sarni nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

He scored a very good goal in one of the games I went to, I think it was against Stoke. Sweet strike.
  36. Aug 12, 2019

LuckyScout78 Full Member

Ok. But I haven’t seen yet. And I watched United alot, on tv. So a screamer is a strike too?And thats why you call a CF for a striker?

Maybe in France football school they only teach kids to dribble and skills :D
  37. Aug 12, 2019

Castia Full Member

No it doesn’t. Last time a first teamer changed their number this late into the summer? It hardly ever happens.

I remember Rashford went to 10 that’s about the only one?
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  38. Aug 12, 2019

meamth Full Member

Caf is full of surprises like this.

I was dissolved in the conversation and suddenly a post like this came out.

I laughed like an idiot.

Keep it coming.
  39. Aug 12, 2019

Freak Born a freak always a freak.

Excellent yesterday. How the feck has he started pressing so intensely?
  40. Aug 12, 2019

red woppit Full Member

I'm with you to a certain extent, thought that every player has improvement in them, but I can foresee a time when we start playing a 4-4-2 type of system, in that system both Rashford and Martial would be free to roam across the front, one perhaps coming deeper, the other on the shoulder of the last defender.