Anthony Martial | Sevilla loan watch

lex talionis

This would actually be a breach of the employers responsibility and a breach of contract. If Martial does not show up for practice the club can eventually pursue legal action, and vice cersa if the club denies him the right to attend his workplace
Is that really so? United have a contractual obligation to pay his wages, but it has no obligation to play him in competitive matches. Why would it would be a breach to not welcome him back to training so long as we keep paying his wages?

glasgow 21

ETH doesn't need our support. He needs the board's support.
My gut feeling tells me that the board will put the players ahead of ETH and when the players throw ETH under the bus (which they will, 100% sure of that), ETH will be fired and we'll hit the reset button again.
I disagree, the board all most clubs are pushed to sacking managers through fan base reactions at stadiums, social media and the normal tv/radio channels. Mourinho was ditched as he had supposedly "lost the dressing room" etc and we as fans backed it as we thought the players were doing there bit for club. Under the microscope, Mourinho and more recent managers, we have now seen the wood for the trees and with a few exceptions, well documented on here, we are pretty much satisfied the players are the main problem through lack of application or otherwise. ETH will need our 100% support as the media is baying for blood and it will be a tough rebuild. Moving players on on high wages will be a feat in itself with the some of the ridiculous contracts handed out. I suspect ETH's team will not allow players to throw him under the bus and if the board reacts in that way again it would be negligent in my book.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It was a while ago now, but I got flogged here for suggesting that selling Martial for 10m would be good business for us. At this point I can’t even imagine another club taking Martial on a free transfer. It may be best for all involved that we just run down the contract and not even ask him to come to training.
Well, I wanted Martial sold last summer as well when there were still people gullible enough to believe he could come out. But I'm gonna be honest that I was expecting 20 million easy, if not 30 as more realistic.

You were dead on. Not that I would dare flogging you :angel:

Denis79

Well let's make sure he's fully gone by the end of the summer. Hopefully this is an expensive lesson for the board that they actually learn something from.
Doubt they'll learn anything. Next player that doesn't hit the ground running or loses form will again have years and years to "come good". Maybe even a contract extension in between.

DavelinaJolie

I have felt for a few seasons now that he is what he has shown, an inconsistent player that doesn't appear like his heart his in it. Sad to see that continue, even when he wasn't at Utd.

It is what it is.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
What an absolute disaster he has turned out to be.

The club should cut lose

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I can imagine he will be out on loan again next year with us picking up a significant % of his wage.

Natener

Any chance Inter might want him? We seem to have had a few players headed their way in recent years.

Devil81

Another I can't wait to see the back of.

So many viruses that need clearing.

lex talionis

I’d really like to know WTF his problem is. The ability is there and he’s paid a fortune every week for fukkall contribution, but he plays football like a man twice Ronaldo’s age in a five a side.

TsuWave

What an absolute disaster he has turned out to be.

The club should cut lose
everything is so extreme on these forums :lol: he was good when he came, was decent for awhile, had a +20 goals season couple seasons back then form dropped and didn’t recover. Time to cut ties. No need for all these “absolute disaster” verdicts that aren’t reflective of reality

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
everything is so extreme on these forums :lol: he was good when he came, was decent for awhile, had a +20 goals season couple seasons back then form dropped and didn’t recover. Time to cut ties. No need for all these “absolute disaster” verdicts that aren’t reflective of reality
He was decent to good for a period. I don't know what happened after that, but in the last 18? months he's been very poor.

Grande

It feels good to write strong words.

kthanksbye

I don't think he particularly enjoys playing football, he just happens to be good at it, don't even think he likes to run or sprint, probably because he dislikes getting tired. He dribbles with the ball because he likes that, anything else he just seems disinterested.
Think he needs a change of profession more than a change of club.

crossy1686

career ending
His head has completely gone. Possibly another one that getting massive money at a young age before he'd even achieved anything killed any desire he may have had to improve or better himself.

ash_86

Set his price at 25m and there could be suitors. Need to get rid asap

RoyH1

Set his price at 25m and there could be suitors. Need to get rid asap
I don't think anyone would pay that much for him to be honest. He needs to be rebooted completely.
Maybe going back to Ligue 1 would be the best for him at this point in his career. If say Nice or Monaco come with 10 milion, I'd take in on the spot just to dump some wages. ETH needs committed players.

ash_86

I don't think anyone would pay that much for him to be honest. He needs to be rebooted completely.
Maybe going back to Ligue 1 would be the best for him at this point in his career. If say Nice or Monaco come with 10 milion, I'd take in on the spot just to dump some wages. ETH needs committed players.
I was thinking Newcastle might be interested in that price, but agree that we need to ship him out asap even if we have to take lesser money.

Hughes35

Just get rid at any price really. Clear him out and get rid of the wages. Whatever the transfer fee is just a bonus.

keeping him because we can't get his "Value" is a false economy as he's still costing us money.

Abraxas

I think the disaster part is the bit where we offered him a massive contract that was unmerited, which now leaves us in the unenviable position of figuring out what we can do with him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Similar to Pogba..... ability isn't Martial's problem. It's attitude and desire. Both lack it in spades.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really is a shame when you think about it. His first season he was brilliant and a real highlight in the years since Fergie retired. Got it back for one season and then that's been it. Shame.

Varun1

One of the most disappointing loan spells in recent times, more so than some of the youngsters who've gone out on loan and not been given chances. Tony has seriously poor attitude to down tools at Sevilla as well after his performance for us.
Not sure how we'll get rid of him, maybe take a big hit and send him back to France.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I still chuckle when he gave an interview a week after signing for Sevilla about actually having to work hard in training. :lol:

Reckon he might be the youngest player to retire that wasn't due to injury.