Anthony Martial to Spurs | Bouhafsi : "Bid rejected"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Think he's gone if the Spurs bidding again talk is true. Jose doesn't keep unhappy players, and I don't see Spurs bidding without encouragement. Would be a massive mistake, but I suppose we were due another one.
Martial is bare minimum £60m in todays market, Spurs simply could not meet that valuation, neither could they offer the player an acceptable contract.

Martial may leave the club, eventually, but it won't be to Spurs.

wolvored

Do you remember Valencia when he first came to the club? He would score and never smile. Rooney, Ronaldo, A lot of the players have done it at some time. I bet if that was our first goal in a tight game, or if it had have been 2-2 before he had scored he would have had a big smile, or the heart symbol, he has done when scoring as well. It was the end of a game we had already won. Pogba is Pogba, he would celebrate wining a good throw in lol.

WoodysWallet

Jose won't sell Martial, not a chance. We've only got Lukaku and Rashford that can play up front for a start. If either of those were to get injured, we'd be fecked.

I also believe that he's still an important player for us. I know he doesn't look like flavour of the month at the moment. But his assist against Madrid, and his impact on Saturday, will not have gone unnoticed.

He's a star of the future. There is no one in our squad with the dribbling ability he posesse, from that left side. He will score goals and assist throughout the season without a doubt.

But he may need to be patient, and put up with minutes late on in games. That's where he needs to show his maturity, and grab his chances when he's given them.

Reactions: Dargonk

The Purley King

Really hope he gets a start against Swansea and scores a goal or two.
Very hard to drop someone if they are scoring consistently.
If Jose is ends up getting rid he'll regret it big time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Think he's gone if the Spurs bidding again talk is true. Jose doesn't keep unhappy players, and I don't see Spurs bidding without encouragement. Would be a massive mistake, but I suppose we were due another one.
We're not due anything. If we sell him Jose would have had a giant brain fart. Martial is a supreme talent and it's in our best interest that he fulfills his potential at United. Jose just needs to start trusting him and investing time and faith in him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Jose Mourinho has said he's not going anywhere.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really hope he gets a start against Swansea and scores a goal or two.
Very hard to drop someone if they are scoring consistently.
If Jose is ends up getting rid he'll regret it big time.
The problem last season was that Martial got no leeway. One iffy peformance and he would get dropped. Heck he'd get rotated sometimes even if he was in form. It puts an incredible amount of pressure on a kid. The goal should be to let the young players loose and help them play without dear rather than with it. Also there needs to be balance between the importance given to Rashford, Lingard and Martial.

The Purley King

The problem last season was that Martial got no leeway. One iffy peformance and he would get dropped. Heck he'd get rotated sometimes even if he was in form. It puts an incredible amount of pressure on a kid. The goal should be to let the young players loose and help them play without dear rather than with it. Also there needs to be balance between the importance given to Rashford, Lingard and Martial.
Yep agreed 100%. Rashford was well below par for weeks in a row and still played and yet martial apparently had different rules to adhere to.
Hope he gets to fulfill his potential here and not anywhere else.

ZAGREB RED

Would be more than a bit disappointed if he left, to say the least, especially to Spurs or another PL rival, that would double the disappointment.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I think it's an attitude thing, Jose clearly disliking Martial's to put it mildly - openly questioning it on numerous occasions last season. Rashford and Lingard seemingly have the perfect attitude and their gametime reflects that. The Martial situation reminds of how how Herrera was treated under LVG, where the slightest show of a poor performance would all but guarantee an extended spell on the sidelines. Bizzare if you ask me, could be forgiven in thinking it was personal between them. Clearly it didnt phase Herrera, rather than wallow in self pity and moping around the place with a depressing look on his face, he knuckled down and continued to work on his game. It paid dividends in the end as he is now an essential member of the first 11. Martial would do well to take a page out of Herrera's book.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Being a manager of chelsea is completely different than here. Martial is a fan favorite and Jose knows that if he wants to stay for long period he can't sell players with huge potential until they start to perform at really bad level consistently.

If he wasn't central in his plan and he was desperately craving for Perisic we would have agreed Inter's offer to send him on loan their.
It's not completely different. The expectation level is similar and Mata was by far the most popular player at Chelsea at the time. He was sold because he wanted to play more often and United offered him the chance, not because Jose forced him out or because he fell out with anyone.

Jose has said he wont stand in a players way if they want to leave, and the only time I think he'd make an exception to that is if the player is a vital part of his plans.

The player is the deciding factor here I think. I doubt Martial even if he did want to leave, would be interested in Spurs or a loan move to Inter, and I doubt Jose or the club are actively seeking to sell him, because there's been no evidence of that. Jose is pretty straight when he talks about players, and he talks about Martial as someone who he wants to push on and be part of the team.

Solo Toure

I honestly do not understand the disdain for Martial from United fans. The boy has immense ability and the potential to become a world class player. Selling him to any club let alone to Spurs makes me laugh.

People act like there is an array of players who have the talent like Anthony does, there are players who can do a good job but not many who can get your bum off your seat everytime the ball is at their feet.

Selling/loaning Martial is ludicrous, he is still young (21) and has his best years ahead of him. Yes he does need to improve mentally and is very emotional but can be a mainstay in our team for a good decade.

P.S how much would a player like Martial cost in this market.

Priceless.

Red_toad

I honestly do not understand the disdain for Martial from United fans. The boy has immense ability and the potential to become a world class player. Selling him to any club let alone to Spurs makes me laugh.

People act like there is an array of players who have the talent like Anthony does, there are players who can do a good job but not many who can get your bum off your seat everytime the ball is at their feet.

Selling/loaning Martial is ludicrous, he is still young (21) and has his best years ahead of him. Yes he does need to improve mentally and is very emotional but can be a mainstay in our team for a good decade.

P.S how much would a player like Martial cost in this market.

Priceless.
You mustn't understand much if you're seeing distain from the fans. It's generally a love in for the lad. He's massively over rated by a lot of fans and the rest just want him to work harder. No one (apart from the trolls) want him to leave.

He'd cost well over $50 million in today's crazy market, young gifted attacking players are a valuable resource. That's why he won't be going anywhere, he's too valuable to the team.

Judas

Open to offers
This place has a lot of people with questionable opinions on our players, but I don't think I've ever witnessed disdain for him on here from anyone.

Parry Gallister

He seems like a moody bastard on the pitch (which I quite like) but seen videos of him messing about with the lads they've filmed and knowing the words to his song etc, seems quite settled/happy in those. I'm sure his head could be turned by someone, doubt that someone is Spurs though, they've done well in the league but that's not enough to attract a player from us, especially with their famous wage-structure.

Solo Toure

You mustn't understand much if you're seeing distain from the fans. It's generally a love in for the lad. He's massively over rated by a lot of fans and the rest just want him to work harder. No one (apart from the trolls) want him to leave.

He'd cost well over $50 million in today's crazy market, young gifted attacking players are a valuable resource. That's why he won't be going anywhere, he's too valuable to the team.
Fair enough I may have used the wrong word however I would be really annoyed to see a player with his potential leave our club.

Anyways like you said he isn't going anywhere.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Could it be part of his personality, on the pitch. I mean, Cantona was never graphic in his facial expressions (usually) although he did celebrate with the team, something Martial seems to have trouble with. It's definitely bizarre.

Eric Chin

Levy's wet dream.not going to happen.Mourinho still value Martial highly

TheReligion

Abusive
Can we lock this yet?

Nonsense rumour with no substance.

Played again today, scored again, looked happy, praised by the manager and pointed to the club badge to the away end.

He's going nowhere.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Can we lock this yet?

Played again today, scored again, looked happy, praised by the manager and pointed to the club badge to the away end.

He's going nowhere.
By the time his contract is up for discussion he will have established himself as an undisputed first choice and this discussion won't even exist.

He is one of those talents that you simply don't sell in todays market, acquiring them is damn near impossible with the prices going around.

EyeInTheSky

Can we lock this yet?

He's going nowhere.
I wouldn't be so presumptious yet mate. Still waiting for @GlastonSpur to confirm if his agent is still trying to offload him to spurs ...

sinicalypse

Supports
Woolwich Wanderers
Levy's gotta be willing to go up to 37.2mil after today... Maybe 38.3mil if he scores again next week!

Hey now #DontForgetWhoGaveYouBerbatov! 39.6mil final offer! Or if you want Danny Rose how about Martial + £15mil? =P

Levy-nomics

Supports
Spurs
I wouldn't be so presumptious yet mate. Still waiting for @GlastonSpur to confirm if his agent is still trying to offload him to spurs ...
If he doesnt start next game you will hear rumblings again. He scored 2 and set up 1 in off the bench that certainly warrants a starting spot and if he doesnt get it he will know what time it is. I just think Mou has his heart set on someone else on the left wing that he wants to bring in.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
If he doesnt start next game you will hear rumblings again. He scored 2 and set up 1 in off the bench that certainly warrants a starting spot and if he doesnt get it he will know what time it is. I just think Mou has his heart set on someone else on the left wing that he wants to bring in.
Mourinho shot down down those nonsensical rumours. He mentioned that the only thing he was looking for was someone that could play LWB. Also praised Martial.

Nothing isn't going to happen and certainly not to Spurs. It's delusional to think otherwise.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Mourinho shot down down those nonsensical rumours. He mentioned that the only thing he was looking for was someone that could play LWB. Also praised Martial.

Nothing isn't going to happen and certainly not to Spurs. It's delusional to think otherwise.
Yep especially as Rashford and Martial is literally our only cover should Lukaku miss a game.

Joseunited

Rumblings from who? All the right signals coming from Mourinho towards Martial who is doing more than enough as an impact sub to suggest he will be let loose on the starting XI pretty soon.He is going nowhere.

TheReligion

Abusive
Look at his Martials Twitter.

As he's said on many occasions he's going nowhere and loves the club.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
You are deluding yourself if you think you'll ever manage to buy Martial off us.

And what the feck is all these Levy usernames from our resident Spurs fans about.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Levy is one cheeky fecker, assuming that £25m rumor was true.

Martial is going nowhere.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If there ever really a real link between Spurs and Martial this summer, it wasn't ever serious. In this day and age when you are paying £42m for unproven young centre half, any Martial bid from Spurs would have to be extraordinary.

Rumblings from the agent will be there to remind United that there would be interested parties for Martial if he is not rewarded properly.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If there ever really a real link between Spurs and Martial this summer, it wasn't ever serious. In this day and age when you are paying £42m for unproven young centre half, any Martial bid from Spurs would have to be extraordinary.

Rumblings from the agent will be there to remind United that there would be interested parties for Martial if he is not rewarded properly.
His agent has been quite firm in stating he wants to stay at United and there's nothing to rumors.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Is Jose still after Perisic? If so why lol? I'm with @TheReligion this was a BS rumour with no substance.
It seems to have cooled off and Perisic looks like he will sign a new contract. I think Mourinho would still like him as he is different to the players we have right now and depth will be important once Europe kicks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.