Anthony Martial to Spurs | Bouhafsi : "Bid rejected"

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You're laughing at the bid but doesn't this mean Martial has been touted around by United and his agent?
His agent was talking to a move to Sevilla last season, which threw Mou's nose out of joint. I wouldn't be surprised if his agent is still doing daft stuff. Doesn't mean Mou wants to sell.

Nickosaur

I think Martial could have a similar season for us as Son did for Spurs last year.

Not always in the first XI, but still has a superb impact and great figures for the season.

Klopp_De_Klown

Spurs can not afford Martial... He would cost more than what we spent and his wages are already higher than Kanes breaking their wage structure.

Its a BS story, where interest, if real, was poitically motivated and I mean in the inner politics of spurs. Yes we are bidding and yes you wont have to google to know who they are. Personally i think its paper bite back over the Rose story. The only place it has any legs? Is here on this thread.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs can not afford Martial... He would cost more than what we spent and his wages are already higher than Kanes breaking their wage structure.

Its a BS story, where interest, if real, was poitically motivated and I mean in the inner politics of spurs. Yes we are bidding and yes you wont have to google to know who they are. Personally i think its paper bite back over the Rose story. The only place it has any legs? Is here on this thread.
Is Martial on more than £100K a week? I didn't think he was from reports from ur supporters? I do agree it's a bullshit story thou.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Is Martial on more than £100K a week? I didn't think he was from reports from ur supporters? I do agree it's a bullshit story thou.
With the money involved in the initial deal I'd be amazed if he wasn't.

Hanky panky

First of all, i don't believe Martial is going anywhere. But, did he even celebrate his goal against West Ham? He looked a little bit sad or something.

izec

First of all, i don't believe Martial is going anywhere. But, did he even celebrate his goal against West Ham? He looked a little bit sad or something.
He sits on the bench, no point in looking happy. Needs to work his way back into the first eleven

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I could be wrong but i think that is his usual celebration, have a look at his previous celebrations to see if there's a difference.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Jose sold Mata to us...it's not beyond the realms of possibility. If he thinks a player isn't central to his plans he doesn't tend to force them to stick around, even if he doesn't boot them out the door either.

Although I couldn't see that happening when we've not signed a wide player. Martial is the closest thing we have to one. There's been no suggestion of an attitude or commitment problem, or of him wanting to leave, and it's not like he's rubbish. Just don't see how a move could happen unless Martial wanted it enough to force it through.

snk123

He was sad/pissed - his body language has never been like that. That was the reason everyone was cheering him up. If you can't see that you need to see it again.

Doesn't mean he wants to leave but surely means that he thinks he deserves more minutes.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We absolutely need to keep him. Martial, Lukaku, Rashford, and Pogba can be the future of this club and it would be an absolute travesty if he let him go. Would be worse than the Pogba situation.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He was sad/pissed - his body language has never been like that. That was the reason everyone was cheering him up. If you can't see that you need to see it again.

Doesn't mean he wants to leave but surely means that he thinks he deserves more minutes.
Of course he thinks he deserves more minutes.
He was obviously upset about staying on the bench but he come on with the right attitude.
He wanted to show his manager he deserves to start.
That's not the attitude of a player that's looking to leave.

Mr Smith

Im a little bit worry about his body language.
Don't overthink it. Its pretty common behaviour when a player comes of the bench to score, they're upset about not starting. I remember in one of the first games of 2008/09 Rooney was left on the bench by SAF and came of the bench to score. Didn't celebrate. It's a pretty common reaction.

He was obviously upset about staying on the bench but he come on with the right attitude.
This exactly.

Levy-nomics

Supports
Spurs
If he doesn't get serious minutes in the next two games, he will likely kick up a fuss and try to get a move somewhere to get guaranteed minutes and get himself to Russia. At that point Mou is going to be done with him for good.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If he doesn't get serious minutes in the next two games, he will likely kick up a fuss and try to get a move somewhere to get guaranteed minutes and get himself to Russia. At that point Mou is going to be done with him for good.
I don't think three games in the season will be the breaking point. But if he performs and still gets the same treatment as last year, he is definitely gone and he would be right to leave. Sometimes certain coach and players just don't work well together and he'd need to get away if Jose remains the coach. I want to believe though, that Martial will give what Jose is looking for and they will grow a bond this season but right now it's not a bright start for the body language experts.

barmyarmy

Completely agree. Maybe he is not happy coz he wasn't brought on against Madrid in super cup but season has just started & he will play more games. If he continues to display same level of performance he will be regular starter for us.

Flytan

Completely agree. Maybe he is not happy coz he wasn't brought on against Madrid in super cup but season has just started & he will play more games. If he continues to display same level of performance he will be regular starter for us.
My question is for who though? Does he deserve it over Rashford? Because that's his competition for the left. Rashford/Martial both have not played much on the right. He's not getting games over Rashford (imo). If he's playing second fiddle to Lukaku then he still won't be happy.

barmyarmy

Jose sold Mata to us...it's not beyond the realms of possibility. If he thinks a player isn't central to his plans he doesn't tend to force them to stick around, even if he doesn't boot them out the door either.

Although I couldn't see that happening when we've not signed a wide player. Martial is the closest thing we have to one. There's been no suggestion of an attitude or commitment problem, or of him wanting to leave, and it's not like he's rubbish. Just don't see how a move could happen unless Martial wanted it enough to force it through.
Being a manager of chelsea is completely different than here. Martial is a fan favorite and Jose knows that if he wants to stay for long period he can't sell players with huge potential until they start to perform at really bad level consistently.

If he wasn't central in his plan and he was desperately craving for Perisic we would have agreed Inter's offer to send him on loan their.

barmyarmy

My question is for who though? Does he deserve it over Rashford? Because that's his competition for the left. Rashford/Martial both have not played much on the right. He's not getting games over Rashford (imo). If he's playing second fiddle to Lukaku then he still won't be happy.
He will pick one of the two depending on the game plan and form.

Rashford played on RW in one of the pre season games and few games last season. If he is looking to stretch the team from right and wants pace then rashers can played there and Martial on LW.

Flytan

Being a manager of chelsea is completely different than here. Martial is a fan favorite and Jose knows that if he wants to stay for long period he can't sell players with huge potential until they start to perform at really bad level consistently.

If he wasn't central in his plan and he was desperately craving for Perisic we would have agreed Inter's offer to send him on loan their.
If Jose spends even one second thinking about "what the fans want", he should be fired. He's in charge of the club and his job is to make us win. Not please the fan base with playing some player that he may or may not believe has the mentality to cut it in his squad.

barmyarmy

If Jose spends even one second thinking about "what the fans want", he should be fired. He's in charge of the club and his job is to make us win. Not please the fan base with playing some player that he may or may not believe has the mentality to cut it in his squad.
If he ends up selling one of our most talented players loved by everyone at club he knows he will be under massive trouble once the results go against him. He knows we don't have someone on wings to Martial's ability

You completely ignored the second part of my post if he doesn't rate him then he would have easily agreed for loan deal in exchange of perisic.

Last edited:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
:lol:

Yeah right.

The Spurs players will play for just food and water yet everyone else can't wait to leave.

Weird bunch Spurs fans.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's true that with Jose anything is possible. But would be absolute moronic to let martial go. He should start. He'll be a star in a year or two's time if given the chances. Go with him on the left and Rashford on the right. If we buy a RW (and we should) the three them should rotate between the two positions with martial being second choice for the CF position as well.

gajender

Completely agree with this but even Mourinho has question marks over him he needs to deliver big trophies before he is in complete control over transfers matters at United and is allowed to jettison one of our most promising attacking talent.

I believe United have learned from LVG tenure and are being measured and restraint in Overhauling the squad where in Mourinho has the form to Overhauling the squad to his liking in single transfer window .Another point I would like to add is players like Martial and Shaw were more of Clubs signing and are long term bets so they would get ample opportunities to make their mark at United unless they are complete lost cause.

itso 7

The club is too big for him to survive a situation similar to a KDB one, picture this Martial is tearing shit up at Spurs and Perisic is now a fullback like Young do you think the fans and the Glazers will happily accept that the manager has the final say? The only way he survives that is if he is winning the PL every damn season which is impossible. The club is now a different place from when Pogba left, we now sack managers at Ed's whim so pushing Martial out and betting on the less talented Rashford and Lingard could end badly for Jose and the club.

itso 7

He doesn't and neither does Rashford deserve an automatic start spot - they both need and deserve a fair fight as in Martial getting much more than ten minutes on account of his display off the bench next game.

TheReligion

Abusive
He doesn't and neither does Rashford deserve an automatic start spot - they both need and deserve a fair fight as in Martial getting much more than ten minutes on account of his display off the bench next game.
Yeah he's not played first choice in first game of season. Big deal. He got plenty of starts last season and even played 90 mins in the cup final

People have short memories.

Judas

Open to offers
Think he's gone if the Spurs bidding again talk is true. Jose doesn't keep unhappy players, and I don't see Spurs bidding without encouragement. Would be a massive mistake, but I suppose we were due another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.