g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Anthony Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Is it any wonder teams surround refs and have a go at them when they make these utterly and blatant wrong decisions that can decide games/wins/ losses/ leagues/ seasons? Managers can live and die by their decisions. Absolute incompetence in this game.

Abraxas

We've got no choice but to appeal this decision anyway. 4 games is far too many to be missing on the back of that decision.
That ain't getting overturned.

Bad luck, bounced off the ball, we can put any spin on it but bottom line is the refs see a tackle with force that endangered an opponent. They are not going to see around that no matter what we say, it's not a big enough mistake, if it even is one.

So that's more games without our experienced midfielder. Getting a bit sick of the idiocy he shows on occasion, in complete contrast to some of his tactical play.

CM

No? That isn’t how it works, he can still decide to stick with his original decision. The ref has the final say.
That should be how it works but it never happens that way. You already know when a ref is heading over to the monitor the decision has already been made.

Dinghy

His foot bounced off the ball and made it worse. That's hardly his fault
His foot is clearly too high then if he bounces it off the top of the ball, studs up, straight into the leg of the opponent. It's his fecking responsibility. It's a clear red.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
We are going to have a million angry posts now about referees and VAR all saying the exact same thing and all redundant as it changes nothing
Yes mate, that is indeed how forums work.

Abraxas

Won the ball. 1st time he had the guys shirt not his throat. Anyway.
Yes but we know it's not just whether you win the ball. It isn't 1960 - that is not a defence against the way games are reffed today unfortunately for us.

First one - lunacy. Just don't put your hands on opponents. Relatively simple guideline. Then you never get sent off for putting hands on opponents.

GeorgieBoy

It was a red. Unfortunate yes; but still a red.
The lack of a penalty for stoppping the cross with his arm though…

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yes but we know it's not just whether you win the ball. It isn't 1960 - that is not a defence against the way games are reffed today unfortunately for us.

First one - lunacy. Just don't put your hands on opponents. Relatively simple guideline. Then you never get sent off for putting hands on opponents.
His foot bounced off the ball to the side and he pulled out so he didn't follow through. It's nonsense.

Ranie

Case was just unlucky. The tackle, per se, was good but he bounced off the ball and into his shin. Taylor made a right decision giving a yellow but the red card is just wrong. It was not a clear and obvious error from Taylor giving a yellow.

I knew from the first minute I saw Taylor was the referee that something would be off today. He’s not a good ref and loves the spotlight just like Mike Dean did. But Dean was, most of the time at least, a decent referee.

slored1

Feels bollocks with 6 of last 9 CLs won by Spanish clubs and most absolute top tier players not playing here.
Spanish clubs - you mean Real Madrid and Barcelona? Is the strength of a league measured just on how good the top 2 teams are?

lsd

The Oracle
Yes mate, that is indeed how forums work.

True just boring to read but if it lets of steam then I guess that's why.

Personally I think I'll be taking a long walk very soon.

Revan

Assumptionman
It obviously was a red, the moment VAR called the ref to check it, it was going only one way.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I can see that as a red the ref gives on the field, I don't see why VAR feel the need to overturn a yellow. I'd stop short of calling it corruption though, it was by definition an out of control challenge given he's caught the bloke after making contact with the ball.

I've no idea why the handball isn't a penalty though. You can have a ball cannon off your arm as you stand on all fours in the area these days?

Abraxas

His foot bounced off the ball to the side and he pulled out so he didn't follow through. It's nonsense.
Yeah but bad luck or how it bounced doesn't really matter. End result, endangering an opponent which only happens when force is used. So that's why it's not going to be overturned even when a panel looks at it. We can hope but it won't happen. Doesn't help us much for this game either.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Certainly looked a bit dodgy on that handball. The guy had ages to get out of the way and was facing it. In stark contrast to the one yesterday where the man was jumping, back to the ball and close promixmity.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I can see that as a red the ref gives on the field, I don't see why VAR feel the need to overturn a yellow. I'd stop short of calling it corruption though, it was by definition an out of control challenge given he's caught the bloke after making contact with the ball.

I've no idea why the handball isn't a penalty though. You can have a ball cannon off your arm as you stand on all fours in the area these days?
Was there even a review of that handball? Utter bullshit.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Case was just unlucky. The tackle, per se, was good but he bounced off the ball and into his shin. Taylor made a right decision giving a yellow but the red card is just wrong. It was not a clear and obvious error from Taylor giving a yellow.

I knew from the first minute I saw Taylor was the referee that something would be off today. He’s not a good ref and loves the spotlight just like Mike Dean did. But Dean was, most of the time at least, a decent referee.
@Norman Brownbutter put it best in the match thread:
Silly decisions like this ruin games. The yellow was enough, there was no need for VAR do say anything as it wasn’t clear and obvious that it was more than a yellow. Thats the problem with VAR, they pick and choose what’s clear and obvious week to week.

horse_pills

O look a (closet?) liverpool fan, buzz off troll.
Dude, calm down. I've been a Utd fan since we beat Brighton in the FA Cup in 83. Why so hostile just because I disagreed with the red card decision? Its not as though it's not contentious and I'm literally the only one saying I think it's a red. Suggesting I'm a Liverpool fan over that is childish in the extreme. Behave

ForeverRed1

So head of VAR today is the guy who refereed the chelsea game yesterday and sent Casemiro off the first time for the neck hold. Three worse challenges In the chelsea game and not one of them sent off. Casemiro red is questionable today and how do you not think that was a handball for a penalty. This feels corrupt to me.

OrcaFat

VAR dictates and influences the decisions too much. They make up their mind and then edit the footage to support their decisions and if it isn’t compelling at normal speed they slow it down and freeze it until the pictures fit the decision they’ve made. Ref usually has no choice at that point.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He sucks! Getting angry seing his name, so putting this thread on ignore

Sviken

It was a red. Unfortunate yes; but still a red.
The lack of a penalty for stoppping the cross with his arm though…
If that's a red, you'd at least have to sent 3 players off per game with reds.

ManUnitedCanuck

Is that foul, not very similar to when Bruno got challenged in the box? Winning the ball after going through the player

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If we lose today we'll have lost 75% of the game Taylor's refereed us in this season, needs investigating.

Mmm-Qatarian

Feck this useless waste of oxygen cnut. I'm so close to turning this off; he's giving them absolutely everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.