Anti Reddit ITKs v2 | Conveniently Receiving The Day Before

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
They are censoring people who are calling bullshit on them now as well I see. Very good.
My comment got deleted too. I took a swipe at people believing that bollocks. I’m mean how can you not snigger at them?

pascell

So as long as you don’t question or critique them you can be in the club.

At first the cult jokes were funny but now they are just statements of fact.
Something unsettles me when I think of the people that constantly post on there and defend the ITKs, passing it off as 'don't take it all too seriously'. I mean, they're basically defending pure fantasy on a regular basis.

People have the right to critique them, they've given themselves full on exposure with the Reddit page, Twitter and Discord, if they're spreading blatant lies then they should be pulled up on it.

Nick7

Something unsettles me when I think of the people that constantly post on there and defend the ITKs, passing it off as 'don't take it all too seriously'. I mean, they're basically defending pure fantasy on a regular basis.

People have the right to critique them, they've given themselves full on exposure with the Reddit page, Twitter and Discord, if they're spreading blatant lies then they should be pulled up on it.
They keep saying “don’t take it seriously” yet absolutely everyone on there takes everything the “ITKs” say as gospel.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

Exactly don’t take it seriously but I want to hear more to feed my delusion that I’m in some way special and getting insider info.

That isn’t what muppetry is about. Muppetry is flight tracking and lip reading. Not blindly following some daft punk on a subreddit and paying for the privilege.

They are taking money from people they absolutely deserve to be pulled up on their bullshit.
They keep saying “don’t take it seriously” yet absolutely everyone on there takes everything the “ITKs” say as gospel.
It’s now a cult. It wasn’t initially but the moment to ban any dissenting voices you enter into censorship/dictator territory.

ubergorp

It was big Baz that posted it, surely his account isn't brand new?
https://www.reddit.com/user/nm0071 - account created 3 days ago

---

You are allowed to criticise. I've said this before and I'll undoubtedly have to say it a million more times. What you're not allowed to do is criticise in an unconstructive and rude manner that borders on trolling.

See my response to that guy:
Well, we don't. Plenty have questioned and criticised and remained unbanned, but it's because they have questioned and criticised in a constructive and respectful way.

To be honest with you, I thought that ban was harsh. I even agree with some of it! (The 'don't put ITKs on a pedestal then get disappointed if it doesn't happen' bit)

I would have personally had a word with you to remember to stay civil, etc., and in any other circumstance I would have unbanned you, however I kind of don't want to now you've mod mailed us calling us 'bullshitters' and 'fecking losers'

Gazza

They weren't one of our own, they were a troll that I suspect came from here. Account was brand new.

Nice of you to ping me to drag me in to a thread which is essentially bashing me. Very cool of you.
Way to sidestep and avoid addressing the issue!

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

---

You are allowed to criticise. I've said this before and I'll undoubtedly have to say it a million more times. What you're not allowed to do is criticise in an unconstructive and rude manner that borders on trolling.

This reasonable post taken from Redcafe was deleted, and the user banned. See here. It's bordering on bullying in there now. Disconcertingly cultish. Reminds me of RAWK actually.

pascell

Exactly don’t take it seriously but I want to hear more to feed my delusion that I’m in some way special and getting insider info.

That isn’t what muppetry is about. Muppetry is flight tracking and lip reading. Not blindly following some daft punk on a subreddit and paying for the privilege.

They are taking money from people they absolutely deserve to be pulled up on their bullshit.

It’s now a cult. It wasn’t initially but the moment to ban any dissenting voices you enter into censorship/dictator territory.
Imagine if they told their buddies, thats all kind of levels of sad. They need to step outside once in a while.

Jesus they banned someone for copy/pasting the reasonable post from here. See here.

They are embarrassing to United at this point.
Tbf telling them Andy Carroll hits the target more than them must have hurt their egos. The rest of it is sensible, they should be able to call out the ITKs form over the past few months.

Based Adnan

So funny saying bid formally accepted and then 19 days later saying no bid submitted

pascell

---

This guy was the first to post the info from @altodevil

Paxi

That subreddit hurts my head — they’re all feeble-minded to get on like that.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
@ubergorp Nothing he said was unreasonable he just wants accountability for proven bs.

Why ban?

Cult level of censorship here. Worrying!

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Didn't really want to humour the guy dragging me in so I could get dogpiled, to be honest
Intention is not to dogpile it’s to get answers.

Why are some of these clear BS ITKs being allowed to continue to peddle unopposed?

ubergorp

This guy was the first to post the info from @altodevil
Ah, the guy alto and I were on about was passing it off as his own. I removed his comment as per subreddit rule 2, messaged him, and asked for proof. In the meantime, someone who saw it messaged me and told me it was from here, so I decided to have a bit of fun. He claimed it was all his, from a guy who he plays 5 a side with. I said 'did you also post it on redcafe?', he said 'yes'. I had already messaged alto asking if it was him, so I asked the guy what the PM I'd sent him here said. No response.

ubergorp

So why was that guy banned?

Seems kind of cultish to ban someone asking for accountability, in fairness.
I'm getting to it! I have a lot to work through.

@ubergorp Nothing he said was unreasonable he just wants accountability for proven bs.

Why ban?

Cult level of censorship here. Worrying!
I honestly didn't know about this until I saw it here. I'd say it's a very fair comment and exactly the sort of criticism that should be encouraged, as opposed to the toxic crap. Have asked jroades what's going on there, and will try to get to the bottom of it.

pascell

Ah, the guy alto and I were on about was passing it off as his own. I removed his comment as per subreddit rule 2, messaged him, and asked for proof. In the meantime, someone who saw it messaged me and told me it was from here, so I decided to have a bit of fun. He claimed it was all his, from a guy who he plays 5 a side with. I said 'did you also post it on redcafe?', he said 'yes'. I had already messaged alto asking if it was him, so I asked the guy what the PM I'd sent him here said. No response.
Sorry I didn't know that part, my bad

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I'm getting to it! I have a lot to work through.

I honestly didn't know about this until I saw it here. I'd say it's a very fair comment and exactly the sort of criticism that should be encouraged, as opposed to the toxic crap. Have asked jroades what's going on there, and will try to get to the bottom of it.
As always appreciate the reply.

Whoever is responsible for the ban needs addressing.

Definitely should be making a post on the sub about people’s rights to criticise.

It wasn’t too bad to begin with but now anything other than “OMG SANCHON!” is getting downvoted or removed.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

Definitely should be making a post on the sub about people’s rights to criticise.

It wasn’t too bad to begin with but now anything other than “OMG SANCHON!” is getting downvoted or removed.
Agree with this.

I liked the idea of muppetiers, but when every criticism is responded to with "OMG TROLL STOP TAKING IT SO SERIOUSLY" it really cheapens the whole thing and defeats the purpose the message board could have.

SirAnderson

I was so sad to see the end of Muppetting as we knew it, thank feck for the true muppets standing up.
Contemporary culture and stuff just take away and snuff the life out of what was and is, the only thing that keeps/kept is going when football season ends!

Paxi

Agree with this.

I liked the idea of muppetiers, but when every criticism is responded to with "OMG TROLL STOP TAKING IT SO SERIOUSLY" it really cheapens the whole thing and defeats the purpose the message board could have.
Yeah that’s odd to me. You’ve literally created your own sub and started charging money for privileged access.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Nice of you to ping me to drag me in to a thread which is essentially bashing me. Very cool of you.
Sorry if thats how it comes across.
But I do think my question was fair.

Every one of your ITK members have in one way or another said we've had a bid accepted for Sancho (Written loosely of course)
Some even giving dates.

Surely as they've all been proven as BS right now, they should be removed as ITKs.
I know that would damage your place as you'd be left with no ITKs, (I could step up if you like :D) but if they're wrong, they're wrong.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
It’s been very kindly explained that the ban was a result of spamming the same comment over and over (which to be fair would happen on most subs anyway).

I do think the lack of accountability with regards to Sancho related “ITK” info combined with the ability to pay to support the page makes this a really concerning sub for me.

I loved the OG muppet threads because it was just silly none sense that you could get sucked into but not exploited from.

For what it’s worth ubergorp seems a nice enough fellow and hats off to him for coming and answering concerns. I think this also needs to be done on the sub personally.

ubergorp

Sorry about the late reply. Hit my post limit.

Sorry I didn't know that part, my bad
No worries!

Ok so I have got to the bottom of this.

Not going to lie, I was pretty shocked with seeing this removed and was prepared for a bit of an argument with jroades.

What happened is:

Yer man aucklandthrowagay posted basically the exact same comment yesterday. Jroades called him out and said 'you posted this yesterday', and removed the comment. Auckland responded with this immediate potential troll red flag. He then deleted the original comment to make jroades silly.

This evening he has copied and pasted the same comment three or four more times, so he was banned. The reason was the spam, not the criticism.

Yeah that’s odd to me. You’ve literally created your own sub and started charging money for privileged access.
The patreon early access to info is very rare and never from our core list of ITKs. Just random stuff we hear that's almost certainly false. As I've said before, you don't need to pay to get exclusive access to anything. Also, as I've said before, there's absolutely no chance we want to make money for ourselves out of this. If we did, we'd not be doing a very good job because after website and podcast hosting we are barely turning a profit, and this goes in to things like giveaways. If we really wanted to make money (which again, we don't), the best way to do so would be to ensure everything was reliable as possible rather than making stuff up, no?

This is an unrelated point that I wanted to make that ties in quite nicely with my previous one:
We will be cracking down on ITK info, in that instead of posting stuff that ITKs hear through watercooler chat in the office (whether that be at United or elsewhere), we will only be posting things that the ITK is 100% certain of (i.e. they've directly worked on it or seen explicit proof). Watercooler rumours will go in to their own separate category.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Ok so I have got to the bottom of this.

Not going to lie, I was pretty shocked with seeing this removed and was prepared for a bit of an argument with jroades.

What happened is:

Yer man aucklandthrowagay posted basically the exact same comment yesterday. Jroades called him out and said 'you posted this yesterday', and removed the comment. Auckland responded with this immediate potential troll red flag. He then deleted the original comment to make jroades silly.

This evening he has copied and pasted the same comment three or four more times, so he was banned. The reason was the spam, not the criticism.

So he posted the same thing twice, it got removed once, and now he has been banned.

Seems like horseshit, uber - lets be honest here. Look at his post history. Very reasonable posts there and only repeating to reply to posts. I don't see the issue. It would put me off posting there seeing members treated like that. An argument with jroades still required I would think.

Particularly tonedeaf as most of his posts seem to be largely upvoted.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
So he posted the same thing twice, it got removed once, and now he has been banned.

Seems like horseshit, uber - lets be honest here. Look at his post history. Very reasonable posts there and only repeating to reply to posts. I don't see the issue. It would put me off posting there seeing members treated like that. An argument with jroades still required I would think.

Essentially, it is constructive post asking why an “ITK” is allowed to get everything wrong consistently. To which they ignored and when brought up again because it was ignored they’ve banned him for re-posting and trolling. :lol:

You’re allowed to question stuff as long as you don’t expect any response or change and don’t mention it again apparently.

ubergorp

As I said, he was banned for spamming it. You can't see the other comments in his post history as they're removed.

ubergorp

Essentially, it is constructive post asking why an “ITK” is allowed to get everything wrong consistently. To which they ignored and when brought up again because it was ignored they’ve banned him for re-posting and trolling. :lol:

You’re allowed to question stuff as long as you don’t expect any response or change and don’t mention it again apparently.
You do realise we're not online all the time, right?

ubergorp

So then it’s reasonable to repost something to ensure you see it right?
Sure, but it's unreasonable to post the same comment multiple times in the space of 5 minutes. That's where it moves from concerned user to probable 'concern trolling'

cyberman

Dortmund have been hurt by the fact they are called a selling club, compounded by comments from a member of Bayerns board a few weeks ago so are taking a tough, public stance on transfers to readdress this problem.
They dont want players joining with the view they can leave anytime they fancy it. They need some semblance of being a big club.
The deal is all but agreed but expect the narrative to come from Germany at the end of this about how they had us by the balls during this whole process and put us in our place.
Also expect different figures being leaked from each side
Call me ITK69. This is piss easy

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
You do realise we're not online all the time, right?

It's pretty ridiculous. Posting something twice isn't spamming, ubergorp - let's be real here.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Sure, but it's unreasonable to post the same comment multiple times in the space of 5 minutes. That's where it moves from concerned user to probable 'concern trolling'
It wasn't the same comment, and it was in response to other posts - from your mods - which were abusing him.

Honestly, if you can't see this was completely over the top and unwarranted it doesn't give me much hope. Look at this dudes post history. Trolling? Get a grip.