Antoine Griezmann| Signs a new contract till 2022

Will we sign Griezmann this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickfoley

You might not get a lot of welcome responses with that post but I do agree its thoroughly unprofessional to flirt about your future when under contract at a club unless the club know you're leaving and have confirmed their replacement. In this case they will probably get Lacazette if the ban gets lifted.

Also, I'm not sure you can afford those 3 for the Griezmann money. Dier alone will be 40m GBP +.
Well, Bernardo Sivla and Dier then.
He's an excellent player but I don't like these sort of characters. Hazard's entourage leaks Madrid speculations every season, remember his antics before signing for "UCL winners"? I don't want a Yaya at our club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's most likely done. He wouldn't say those things if he wasn't completely confident. You can tell by his smirks in the video. He's been distancing himself from the rumours and denying them all season, saying he will stay. He wouldn't instantly change his stance if he was still staying.
If its most likely done why didn't he say 7 or 8?

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Why do we need this overpriced little fecker? Is he really gonna make us challenge for the title?

Bogga

Rather have Dier and two wingers for that money? Do you know which club Dier plays for? Ever heard of Levy? For that money you would have Dier... and that's it

Womp

idiot
If its most likely done why didn't he say 7 or 8?
By done I meant the transfer fees etc. they're most likely discussing wages etc now. Saying that would not only make his position weaker but it would also mean he'd have no fall back if the deal fell through due to disagreements.

He's been denying the rumours and saying he was stating all season, find it hard to believe it's just a coincidence he would suddenly change his stance.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
By done I meant the transfer fees etc. they're most likely discussing wages etc now. Saying that would not only make his position weaker but it would also mean he'd have no fall back if the deal fell through due to disagreements.

He's been denying the rumours and saying he was stating all season, find it hard to believe it's just a coincidence he would suddenly change his stance.
And what colour are his boxers?

Womp

idiot
And what colour are his boxers?
Read the second paragraph, why else would he suddenly decide to announce this after a whole season of saying he'll stay? Only last week he said he wanted to stay.

If he wants it done in the next two weeks we can surely assume the negotiations are in advanced stages? This is hardly the easiest deal considering it'll most likely be close to a world record, if it isn't. Also since he said he'd decide we can assume it's up to him, which means the clubs have come to an agreement, whether that may be through the buyout or otherwise.

Lj82

French Journo with a accurate translation

Didn't finish reading the entire thread but from the translation it seems that Griezmann was talking about how much the negotiations was completed rather than how likely he would be joining Utd.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Read the second paragraph, why else would he suddenly decide to announce this after a whole season of distancing himself? Only last week he said he wanted to stay.
Can you show me where he's said he'll stay? He just said he's happy in Madrid, but that doesn't mean he's committed to stay there another season or that he wouldn't be just as happy elsewhere. Especially when you go by the amount of times he's spoken of a desire to move elsewhere:

His manager can't even confirm he'll stay: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...s-radar-as-a-potential-summer-transfer-target (at the bottom, Simeone doesn't really want to comment either way).

He hinted at moving to us here: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ts-to-play-alongside-paul-pogba-at-club-level

And recently he also spoke about being open to leaving Atletico but said weather was important.

So in summary, Griezmann has always flirted with moving clubs. He never said he'll stay at Atletico. Him saying 6 out of 10 is just another one of those flirts as far as I'm concerned. He gave a 7/10 for staying at Atletico so he clearly isn't being accurate with his answers.

Womp

idiot
Can you show me where he's said he'll stay? He just said he's happy in Madrid, but that doesn't mean he's committed to stay there another season or that he wouldn't be just as happy elsewhere. Especially when you go by the amount of times he's spoken of a desire to move elsewhere:

His manager can't even confirm he'll stay: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...s-radar-as-a-potential-summer-transfer-target (at the bottom, Simeone doesn't really want to comment either way).

He hinted at moving to us here: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ts-to-play-alongside-paul-pogba-at-club-level

And recently he also spoke about being open to leaving Atletico but said weather was important.

So in summary, Griezmann has always flirted with moving clubs. He never said he'll stay at Atletico. Him saying 6 out of 10 is just another one of those flirts as far as I'm concerned. He gave a 7/10 for staying at Atletico so he clearly isn't being accurate with his answers.
Apologies, when I said stay I should have been clearer in my intention meaning he wasn't coming to us. Back to the discussion - there's been a few situations, that time he walked out on the reporter who asked him about his future, that time he said he would be at Atleti as long as Simeone was there etc. Also, saying the weather is essential further proves my point, he's spent all season distancing himself. Everyone and their nan knows the weather in Manchester is feckin shite, he obviously knew what he was doing when he came out and said that.

Players always say they'd like to play alongside their friends at club level. Neymar said he'd want to play alongside GBJ, I don't see a move to City on the cards for him anytime soon though, nor do I see GBJ going the other way. In fact, if you actually read what Griezmann said in that article you'd see he said that he didn't see himself moving.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Apologies, when I said stay I should have been clearer in my intention meaning he wasn't coming to us. Back to the discussion - there's been a few situations, that time he walked out on the reporter who asked him about his future, that time he said he would be at Atleti as long as Simeone was there etc. Also, saying the weather is essential further proves my point, he's spent all season distancing himself. Everyone and their nan knows the weather in Manchester is feckin shite, he obviously knew what he was doing when he came out and said that.

Players always say they'd like to play alongside their friends at club level. Neymar said he'd want to play alongside GBJ, I don't see a move to City on the cards for him anytime soon though, nor do I see GBJ going the other way. In fact, if you actually read what Griezmann said in that article you'd see he said that he didn't see himself moving.
This is exactly it - you're taking one liners from the article quotes (which is all they have) to then extrapolate on to what's going on. No one knows. The interview today was just another tease that he's done. Saying 6/10 to us doesn't mean hes negotiating anything, or that fees agreed wages agreed etc. Especially when apparently he said 7/10 to stay in another interview.

Womp

idiot
This is exactly it - you're taking one liners from the article quotes (which is all they have) to then extrapolate on to what's going on. No one knows. The interview today was just another tease that he's done. Saying 6/10 to us doesn't mean hes negotiating anything, or that fees agreed wages agreed etc. Especially when apparently he said 7/10 to stay in another interview.
He's hardly going to recite poems to us about his personal life and discussions is he? It's a forum, none of us know shite, all we have to go by is what he said and rumours, which both seem to suggest he's confident it will happen. I could be wrong and in fact he's not going anywhere, I'm not saying it's 100% done, that's just what it seems like given his change in approach recently.

As I said though, he could just be being cheeky.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Weather important, eh?

Should be a done deal, then. You can’t beat a bit of a drizzle - and a bit of wind. Excellent for the general constitution.

Precipitation: 6/10
Wind: 4/10
Overall weather: 7/10 (compared to, say, the outer Hebrides).

Green_Red

I'm not anti greizmann but where will that leave Rashford?

Martial Greizmann Rashford
Lingard/Mikhataryan
Pogba Herrera

??

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Lingard/Mikhataryan
Pogba Herrera

??
Rashford on the left, Mkhitaryan right, Pogba further up and a new CM to partner Herrera.

Martial on the bench.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Lingard/Mikhataryan
Pogba Herrera

??
We can't turn our nose up at one of the best players in the world because Rashford may be short on minutes, I wouldn't worry anyway, Jose clearly has a lot of time for Rashford I doubt Griezmann will be brought in to play as the striker anyway.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Lingard/Mikhataryan
Pogba Herrera

??
he will be a rotation player like Martial, he's not good enough yet to be a nailed on starter

I don't think Griezmann will be playing there anyway as Mourinho usually has a more physical player up front

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Not by himself but he'd be the best player in the league, should he come. Why say no?
Do we really know for a fact that he'd thrive here?

And like when we signed Pogba, I think we'd have more use for 2 players at £45m each than one at 90m

Utd7

What a Ballbag. The feck Utd ever do to him?
He supports Liverpool. True story, he also went to university there.

In regards to Greizmann, this is clearly happening irrespective of Wednesday result. He wouldn't speak about this publicly if we needed to win to guarantee his arrival.

Dinghy

This is 100% done already. He's been told to drop a few hints, and it'll be built up like the Pogba/Zlatan-signings with a cringy unveiling and a video of him coming "out of the dark"

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would be an incredible signing. Pogba, Mkhitarian and Griezemann in one team. We really should play some smashing stuff next season (yeah we say this every year). Not sure how we'd fit both Pogba and him into the same team.

amolbhatia50k

Signing one of the World's best finishers when we can't score goals. I'd say it's a decent buy, ye.
Indeed. He's a fantastic all round footballer. Great intelligence and movement in addition to the touch and finishing.

amolbhatia50k

Signing one of the World's best finishers when we can't score goals. I'd say it's a decent buy, ye.
Indeed. He's a fantastic all round footballer. Great intelligence and movement in addition to the touch and finishing.

Faetheshire86

Imagine we beat Ajax on penalties and Jose confirming that our first two signings of the summer are Bernardo Silva and Antoine Griezmann. There would be complete scenes here. :drool:
Screw that get them kitted up! Run on for the trophy celebrations :D

I actually just had a horrible thought of Terry running on in full kit and announcing he has signed. Possibly the only way a victory on Wednesday could be spoiled

spwd

Screw that get them kitted up! Run on for the trophy celebrations :D

I actually just had a horrible thought of Terry running on in full kit and announcing he has signed. Possibly the only way a victory on Wednesday could be spoiled
Including his tiny shin pads :lol::nono:

Theonas

Scout
Would be an incredible signing. Pogba, Mkhitarian and Griezemann in one team. We really should play some smashing stuff next season (yeah we say this every year). Not sure how we'd fit both Pogba and him into the same team.
If we are not playing well and winning, you can be sure all those players will again be suddenly useless and in need of an "upgrade".

spwd

This is 100% done already. He's been told to drop a few hints, and it'll be built up like the Pogba/Zlatan-signings with a cringy unveiling and a video of him coming "out of the dark"
What's his catchphrase going to be though?

Status
Not open for further replies.