Antoine Griezmann| Signs a new contract till 2022

Will we sign Griezmann this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Told the club he wants to leave. United and Bayern interested in activating the clause.

I feel like I have been here before.
Bayern isn't interested in him according to SportsBild reporters.

Please can we have some facts here rather than nonsense shitposting.

Alabaster Codify7

I know we have to do publicity and stuff. I know people have brands to worry about. But I just dont want this to turn into another full-summer wank-fest of twitter videos, Stormzy in a France shirt nonsense that rattles on until the end of August.

Just get it done, make a few promos and be onto the next target by mid-June.

Womp

idiot
I know we have to do publicity and stuff. I know people have brands to worry about. But I just dont want this to turn into another full-summer wank-fest of twitter videos, Stormzy in a France shirt nonsense that rattles on until the end of August.

Just get it done, make a few promos and be onto the next target by mid-June.
It'll be Drake

Akshay

Staff
He has already asked them to leave yesterday. If he was really concerned by this ban then surely he should've waited for the judgement to come? Besides footballers don't think like that.
Yeah, think it may have been a PR thing where he was hoping the ban would be overturned so he could leave in better grace. I doubt we'll be able to negotiate anything less than the full buy out clause now, though.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
That was obvious from the start. We won't get him for anything less than the buyout clause.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
surely it doesn't matter, though? I mean they can't stop us if we activate the buyout clause anyway, which we were always going to have to do.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I don't think we were going to get him for much less than his buyout clause, so we're still in the same position as before I'd say. Pay the clause and he's ours.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If the buyout clause is met - do they absolutely HAVE to sell?

If so then it doesn't matter.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I think they knew it yesterday, hence the transfer request by Antoine, he just wants out. Maybe wanted to do it in a graceful way if the ban was lifted, when he knew it wasnt gonna be lifted, he must have though feck it i wanna leave. Without any signings, they are going to fall far behind top two and will not do it in th champions league either.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Wont make a difference, atleti will just have to play Without griezmann for 6 months and their new signings can join them in the winter.

Godfather

If the buyout clause is met - do they absolutely HAVE to sell?

If so then it doesn't matter.
It's a contract breach if they don't. What the consequences of that are will also be written in the contract. I don't know what's common for a breach of a buyout clause in the contract. My guess would be Griezmann would have the right to cancel the contract which might lead to any other party getting him for free.

If it's more of a gentleman's agreement we might have a problem though.

Giflet

These songs rarely turn out good.
Exhibit A.

(No hard feelings)
We need something to keep us going, until the next tweet from some randomer which we can all get excited about.

Ban

We need something to keep us going, until the next tweet from some randomer which we can all get excited about.
Rihanna:
Antoine Griemann man man man man
Antoine Griezmann man man man man.

I'll get my coat.

Mister_Stubbs

Now apparently hasn't asked to leave according to the club.. this one will run throughout the whole summer I fear.

United Pro

Assuming Griezmann wants to come to us, the transfer ban just ensures that Atletico will ask for his release clause (which they probably would have anyway), so it shouldn't make much difference to us.

JohnZSmith27

Atletico Madrid spokesperson has informed SSN HQ that striker "Antoine Griezmann has not told the club that he wants to leave."

Reports in today's Times claimed the France international had asked to depart Atleti this summer.

Akshay

Staff
It's a contract breach if they don't. What the consequences of that are will also be written in the contract. I don't know what's common for a breach of a buyout clause in the contract. My guess would be Griezmann would have the right to cancel the contract which might lead to any other party getting him for free.

If it's more of a gentleman's agreement we might have a problem though.
I'm pretty sure it's required in Spain to have a proper buyout clause so they won't be able to get out of it a la Liverpool with Suarez.

United Pro

Now apparently hasn't asked to leave according to the club.. this one will run throughout the whole summer I fear.
Realistically, why should it? Either he wants to come or not. If he does, we pay out his release clause and the deal should be done shortly after. If not, then Griezmann and Atletico will probably just release a statement that he isn't moving and that will be that.

plex

Now what would Barca possibly do with Griezmann, Neymar, Messi and shark in the same team?
Not sure if this was meant to be ironic, but in Germany they are calling FC Bayern -> FCB :p

GM K

Atletico's transfer ban not being lifted it seems...

I don't see him leaving immediately if that ban is not lifted. Atletico might try to negotiate that he joins his new club in the winter window. Strike the deal now but leave during winter.

Acquire Me

I don't see him leaving immediately if that ban is not lifted. Atletico might try to negotiate that he joins his new club in the winter window. Strike the deal now but leave during winter.
Not going to happen :)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The ban will make him more determined to leave if anything. He said he wants to move for trophies and AM need investment to compete.

It's a formality at this point, I expect Woodward was waiting to see if the ban was upheld before making an offer. If it wasn't upheld we might have had some room for negotiation, as it is we will probably just have to pay suck it up and pay the money.

He's not going to Bayern either, he's already said the BL doesn't really excite him.

He's going to join his mate Pogba on huge money here.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Do we know if Griezmann is actually a United fan, or did he just have a huge man crush on Beckham?

GM K

Not going to happen :)
:lol:

Atletico will be in a mess if the ban is not lifted and he leaves this summer. Big mess. Unless Griezmann wants to leave at any cost, I think he will want to maintain a good relationship with the club. I've heard he is a very committed team guy. A possible scenario is to agree on a contract to leave anytime from winter. This will be a win - win situation for everyone except United and this is where there could be a twist. If United insists that 'deal now or no deal at all' and he is desperate to join United, he may force his way out and that may strain his relationship with the Athletics fans / board.

But I may be very wrong. Football is a strange sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.