Antoine Griezmann signs for Barcelona or maybe not?

SER19

100m on the clearly top class griezmann, 29 during season

Or

100m gamble on joao felix.

What's your pick

Fer

Doubt Bayern are affording him if they’re signing Sané. Juventus would likely have to offload Dybala and would he fit at PSG with Neymar and Mbappe?
Now that Bayern will be without Ribery, Robben, James, etc. I guess they can fill that space with Griezmann, I don't know how much do they have to spend.

A front of 3 with Neymar, Mbappe and Griezmann could work. Also, if Madrid sign one of Neymar/Mbappe, then they would have the money to sign Griezmann and a couple of more players.

Griezmann would play Champions league with all the other teams, if he decides to come with us, then it would be mainly for money (high wages).

Barca could sell Coutinho or Dembele and use that money to sign Griezmann.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
AgentP is on this 100%.

Such a strong feeling Grizzy is coming to United.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Or

What's your pick
I think Griezmann is exactly what we need but I'm not going to lie, Felix would be more exciting. If we went down the route of signing young players like that then I'd be happy to lower my expectations for a couple of years whilst they develop. Sign players like Griezmann and i think everybody will be expecting big things that we probably can't deliver anyway.

NYAS

He said he was leaving Atlético, not that he was going to another club.

Maybe he’s retiring.

Ha

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Or

What's your pick
Griezmann. Can't spend 100m on players from Benfica and who have had only one great season.

AJ10

Or

What's your pick
Up front we have enough "potential" rather have Griezmann but he's a massive tool, a kid from Portuguese league for 100 mil :lol:. IMO Barca paying 100+ mil for dembele was stupid specially after 1 good season.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Not signing him in 2017 seemed to derail Mourinho completely. Let’s get it done this year.

Fer

Up front we have enough "potential" rather have Griezmann but he's a massive tool, a kid from Portuguese league for 100 mil :lol:. IMO Barca paying 100+ mil for dembele was stupid specially after 1 good season.
Do you think it would be stupid if we sign Sancho for the same amount of money?

Basso

He is leaving Atléti because he doesn't fancy their CL chances anymore. So Europa League clubs have no chance of signing him lads m.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Or

What's your pick
Ah, some classic redcafe age fun.

We can't go for a 28 year old! He'll be 30 in no time!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What makes you say that? He’s attainable and Woodward’s wet dream. I’d be willing to bet that we’re monitoring this.
It'd be like the ultimate.....example that we've not learnt one lesson in the last few years

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Or

What's your pick
Felix. He's the more fun buy.

Plus while I think the caf's tendency to label players "too old" while they're at their peak is rather funny, I also fundamentally believe it will be three years at the very earliest before we're competing for the title again, likely longer. Which makes targeting the younger Felix rather more attractive, I think.

Last edited:

Champagne Football

What makes you say that? He’s attainable and Woodward’s wet dream. I’d be willing to bet that we’re monitoring this.
He does not fit the current profile. The club will not longer pay crazy high fee and wages for ageing players with no resale value. Nicolas Pepe, Saul Niguez etc would be the age of player Ed would be willing to spend big on.

oreon

Now that Bayern will be without Ribery, Robben, James, etc. I guess they can fill that space with Griezmann, I don't know how much do they have to spend.

A front of 3 with Neymar, Mbappe and Griezmann could work. Also, if Madrid sign one of Neymar/Mbappe, then they would have the money to sign Griezmann and a couple of more players.

Griezmann would play Champions league with all the other teams, if he decides to come with us, then it would be mainly for money (high wages).

Barca could sell Coutinho or Dembele and use that money to sign Griezmann.
Seems like he wants to go to Barca but Barca are hesitant to get him over the stunt he pulled off last year. Bayern are already locked in with Sane so that leaves UTD as the only other option. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Griezmann camp that reached out to UTD to ignite interest. I'd steer clear of him. I have hige questions about his mentality. If things don't go right, will he stay committed. He is very wishy washy when it comes to big decisions. This looks like another Di Maria situation where a talented player ran out of options and had to settle for UTD because there was noone else.

FujiVice

How shit would the introduction video be for Griezmann? You think Alexis was cringe, imagine what this idiot will end up doing?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How shit would the introduction video be for Griezmann? You think Alexis was cringe, imagine what this idiot will end up doing?
Just twirling an imaginary phone, wearing a top hat walking up a staircase like at the end of Titanic, then all of a sudden he has a golden phone with his name and number on, that he twirls in an outrageously smug fashion.

George The Best

He can leave Atleti, but please God, do not let him anywhere near us. We’ve got a 2/3 year project to get us back where we should belong. He will be over the hill by then and would have cost us €107m plus mega wages. If we are going balls out for a marquee signing then De Ligt is the one we should be spending that sort of money on.

tjb

Do not want, another player that would influence the culture negatively, would rather dybala who is younger and has a similar style.