Antoine Griezmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

:lol: but true. How about the kid from Monaco? I think we're still linked to him.
Bakayoko? He's not a holding player and won't be a suitable partner for Pogba if Mourinho is planning to switch to a midfield two to accommodate Griezmann.

notcool

Supports
a
I'm a fan of his but he's not so good that he won't come in and just fall into the same rut as the rest of the squad. We seem to just wilt away these talented players until they're as crap as the rest of the squad.
At least the chance that Pogba had today in the first half he would have scored, plus the other chances Pogba has had this season when through one on one.

Acquire Me

It's late where I am mate so I am probably asking a dumb question, but you're saying we will be going for a different CM to Bakayoko?
It's not going to be him. That would be a big surprise anyway. I would use some time in the Julian Weigl thread.

Swaters16

We're gonna sign him and Jose will dump him out wide, he'll play like shit, the team will continue to be shit and we'll sell Martial our only actual wide player

Womp

idiot
We're gonna sign him and Jose will dump him out wide, he'll play like shit, the team will continue to be shit and we'll sell Martial our only actual wide player
Except Martial isn't a wide player, he's a striker who is deployed out wide and is a traditional inside forward, rather than an actual winger, but okay.

RRCE

After watching the performance against Hull, the likes of which we've seen far too often over the past couple of seasons, anyone who suggests we couldn't use a player like Griezmann is clearly deluded.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feck griezmann if it means losing Martial tbh. And getting him would mean we have to play him as a striker or a second striker. Like I'm all for the signing, we just need to get our other shit sorted too and not put it all in for him.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Great news, he is a better forward than all of our players, he is so effective with the ball, can create for himself, link up, good passing, good crossing and very good finishing eith both feet and even his head. Some seem to forget that as soon as he played with a team that attacked, he destroyed the euro's and was far ahead of most of the other attackers present. He'd be a brilliant signing.

Womp

idiot
Apprently club came out and denied the rumours we agreed a deal with him, make of that what you will.

RC89

If it really is wrapped up, this feel entirely wrong. Unholy even. No Muppet mega thread for Griezmann.

ROFLUTION

And give his fantastic muppet brother a seat at Old Trafford next to the 3 sikhs! Preferably paint the seat muppet-colored green.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's done.

Some guy here called Bakayoko to United; don't waste a post in that thread :)
It's not going to be him. That would be a big surprise anyway. I would use some time in the Julian Weigl thread.
Cheers @Acquire Me these have made me feel all fuzzy this morning :drool::devil: I definitely trust your judgement after last summer mate, nice one. Do we have a Weigl thread??

Von Mistelroum

Griezmann is a magnificent player. One if my favourites too, but I'm starting to wonder if we should be using this kind of money on one player when we clearly need a few players replacing.

Woodzy

If this is wrapped so soon then fair play. That's 'Bayern' style efficiency (although the guy is practically begging to join us).

Although the negative is the summer will be a little less exciting. Are we sure we don't want to haggle over the price for a bit? Can't we send them a fax or something?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
@Acquire Me - the recent posts have me a bit confused. Is there another big signing in the you know is in the works alongside Griezmann?

Ixion

I almost feel bad that we can convince such quality players to join our shitty squad to finish 6 or 7th.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm all for Griezmann coming to United but I hope Mourinho doesn't stick him out wide and hope for the best.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Have the people that are complaining about this actually seen Greizmann lately?

The guys on a different planet to most of our attackers. He'll add a cutting edge and in most of the games we play against 10 men behind the ball Greizmann at 10 and Pogba in a 2 man midfield would be fine.

Obviously change for the tougher games but for most games we would be fine.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
TBH if we can't get top 4 after signing Mkhitaryan, Pogba and Zlatan, I genuinely don't care about signing Griezman. I'll believe it helps bring us where we belong when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.