Antonio Valencia renews his contract (2019+1)

UnitedForever147

Developed into a top defender. Gives his all every game. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays til he's 40 with that physique but needs to work on his crossing, its Shocking!

remember me

This needs to stop. He has awful output considering his supposed strengths.
Compared to who?
He's a vital player covering the right side defensively & attackingly and his end product is underestimated
I've no time for Tony haters tbh

Tarrou

Was saying in another thread I reckon he'll be the last of the Fergie players to leave. Unless he wants to play in his home country before he retires, can see him staying for a good few years eventually in a back-up role.

Carolina Red

Staff
Very good work done there. Tony seems to do a good job taking care of himself, so let's hope his fitness continues. Also glad to know that this will basically guarantee him a testimonial when the time comes (iirc).

ghagua

Good for Valencia. Wanted him first player gone when he was a turn back Tony as a winger, but if anyone deserves a pay raise than he is it. I still have to wonder why the rush though, he still had a couple of years of his contract to run. At his age, even with his strength, things can take it's toll running up and down the pitch every season. Evra was fit as anyone, but towards the end of his time at United he was struggling. We could have waited a little bit longer to see how he copes.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Well deserved to one of the most underrated and likeable players in our whole squad!

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Good for Valencia. Wanted him first player gone when he was a turn back Tony as a winger, but if anyone deserves a pay raise than he is it. I still have to wonder why the rush though, he still had a couple of years of his contract to run. At his age, even with his strength, things can take it's toll running up and down the pitch every season. Evra was fit as anyone, but towards the end of his time at United he was struggling. We could have waited a little bit longer to see how he copes.
Not true

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ew-three-year-contract-with-manchester-united

His contract ran out this Summer, although we had option to extend for another year.

Matab8r

Great news, couldn't be happier for him. Also not sure if this is still the case but I remember reading a few years ago that Valencia had no manager and was negotiating his own contracts ( whether that is still the case or not), I beleive this demonstrates his mentality and why he seems to be very popular with both players & management even he can only communicate with the Latin ones.

Reactions: Invictus

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Been my favourite current United player since his debut season for us. Incredibly down to earth, and a true professional.

Top 3 RBs in the world right now.

Zii

Another van Gaal masterstroke converting him into a right back! Go on Louis
Jose has a lot to be thankful for. Once again LVG proving when he was a great appointment. Countless foundations he has built for clubs and this another shining example of his ability to spot a players true role and put a club on the right track with a steady foundation to build on. Thank you LVG

Lol about as steady as sponge pudding Tara

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Great news. He will go down as a legend here.
Really? A good and loyal servant no doubt, but to class him as a legend is massive stretch.

I do have a lot of time for Valencia, he looks after his body, puts himself out for the team and never complains. A model professional if ever there was one. This new contract is well deserved and proves that if you're willing to put the effort in - unlike certain other's who need no mention - you will be rewarded with a new contract under Jose.

Hoping Herrera and Blind get the same treatment before long.

Jaybomb

Really? A good and loyal servant no doubt, but to class him as a legend is massive stretch.

I do have a lot of time for Valencia, he looks after his body, puts himself out for the team and never complains. A model professional if ever there was one. This new contract is well deserved and proves that if you're willing to put the effort in - unlike certain other's who need no mention - you will be rewarded with a new contract under Jose.

Hoping Herrera and Blind get the same treatment before long.
Has won every trophy bar the Champions League. He will definitely go down as a Legend in a few years time. Evra is a Legend, for example.

Has won every trophy bar the Champions League. He will definitely go down as a Legend in a few years time. Evra is a Legend, for example.
He's not a legend, and very unlikely to get into such a bracket. Have you forgotten the years when all we got was Valencia running up the wing and either smashing the shins of the full back or turning 180 degrees and going backeards. He's done well to adapt to a new role, and has had an excellent season - but he's no Evra, Irwin or Neville for example.

Jaybomb

He's not a legend, and very unlikely to get into such a bracket. Have you forgotten the years when all we got was Valencia running up the wing and either smashing the shins of the full back or turning 180 degrees and going backeards. He's done well to adapt to a new role, and has had an excellent season - but he's no Evra, Irwin or Neville for example.
That remains to be seen. This is only really his first full season as a RB.

If he was to stay here for another 3 years and we won the CL and other trophies, he will go down in the same bracket as those guys.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
There's more to it than simply winning medals, at least for me personally. Charlton, Best, Law, Robson, Keane, Scholes, Giggs and ... Valencia? I think not mate. You are of course welcome to your opinion.