Antonio Valencia... | Will wear #25 shirt from this point onwards by request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

Why does he keep getting picked though? that's the mind boggling thing. Him and Young seem to have some sort of free pass to be shit, they play almost every game (or so it seems, when fit)

Sam

Why does he keep getting picked though? that's the mind boggling thing. Him and Young seem to have some sort of free pass to be shit, they play almost every game (or so it seems, when fit)
Because 'they put in a shift'. Fergie likes that.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
If he fails to turn it around then he wont be playing much next year, depending on who else comes in. From being dangerous every time he got the ball, he never looks like doing anything more than play a weak cross or turn back and play a safe ball to the full back/Carrick. He's still quick enough as he can go past players which he's shown plenty of times recently, but when he basically gives up trying to force the issue more and attack, that's what gripes me the most. He made a really good run in the 2nd half and easily could have crossed it/tried to beat his man. Van Persie looked pissed when he turned back and passed to Carrick.

Mainoldo

Yeah, just a boring POTY last season. He's been poor this season, but C'mon.
Yeah he did have a good season last season and his POTY was well deserved. But really doesn't make a difference.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Yep, Nani was POTY for us in 2011 and now he's headed for the exit. If Tony's form doesn't get any better, he will be shunted from the first team.

Cevno

Yep, Nani was POTY for us in 2011 and now he's headed for the exit. If Tony's form doesn't get any better, he will be shunted from the first team.
Yep, if there are in form options then he will be shunted from the team and Nani was preferred when he was having bit of a run before his last injury.

But Nani is headed for the exit, because of his stalling in signing a contract due to wanting more regular football/increased wages whatever. No indication of Valencia doing the same. If he does he will be out too.

wr8_utd

:'(
Not really. Fergie has some sort of bizarre fixation with playing Valencia no matter how extraordinarily rubbish his form.

Cevno

Not really. Fergie has some sort of bizarre fixation with playing Valencia no matter how extraordinarily rubbish his form.
He did well against Chelsea and then didn't start against City while Young did well in his cameo and did. Then he has just played today after that.

Nani was getting a regular run when he was in form before his injury.

wr8_utd

:'(
He did well against Chelsea and then didn't start against City while Young did well in his cameo and did. Then he has just played today after that.

Nani was getting a regular run when he was in form before his injury.
And Nani played one poor game vs Chelsea (his first match back that too) and then gets dropped for the next 2 game. Valencia has been rubbish since August and still gets games.

Cevno

And Nani played one poor game vs Chelsea (his first match back that too) and then gets dropped for the next 2 game. Valencia has been rubbish since August and still gets games.
Nani was equally rubbish though except for a good period before his last injury and he has also been injured for large parts.

You want us to play a injured player ? He hasn't been dropped per say either. The 2 who performed better have been given 1 chance more each, and he is coming back from a hamstring injury which might be recurring.

Otherwise not having him on the bench today doesn't make sense.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
1 assist in his last 22 appearances, 1330 minutes of football.
Don't forget 0 goals in his last 42 games for club and country. His last goal was against Blackburn...

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Nope, you can see the way he rips his body through and across the ball as he shoots, it's designed to impart the right spin on the ball to counter the motion from the swing of his leg. Executed perfectly.

Brwned

He said after the game it was 50-50 or something like that. He was just firing it across the box in the general direction of the goal but he hit it so sweetly that it flew straight in.

Brwned

Right enough, one goal for Ecuador in a friendly in February.

Cina

Nope, you can see the way he rips his body through and across the ball as he shoots, it's designed to impart the right spin on the ball to counter the motion from the swing of his leg. Executed perfectly.
He told Sky "50/50" in an interview straight after so I don't think it was really one over the other.

EDIT: Oh, Brwned already said that.

I'm always right

Nope, I'm still certain it's a great smash across the face with the hope of it hitting a player and going in.

gza the genius

Nope, I'm still certain it's a great smash across the face with the hope of it hitting a player and going in.
I've been in situations like that before where basically if you hit it in a certain area it'll either be on target and make the keeper make a save or there will be a deflection/striker attacking it, win-win. I assume this was along his line of thinking there.

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
You don't become piss poor overnight, something is wrong somewhere. Lets hope he can gain last seasons form. Because in full flow, he was awesome.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Right enough, one goal for Ecuador in a friendly in February.
He's been consistently brilliant for his country the last year or so. Which makes his United form all the more unexplainable. He started to get past full-backs recently which may augur well for the future but the crossing...That's what shocks me the most.

Hope he's back for the next season.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I've been in situations like that before where basically if you hit it in a certain area it'll either be on target and make the keeper make a save or there will be a deflection/striker attacking it, win-win. I assume this was along his line of thinking there.
yeah, everyday situation at any footballing level.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
You don't become piss poor overnight, something is wrong somewhere. Lets hope he can gain last seasons form. Because in full flow, he was awesome.
Well, you'd think so.

Nani is off form because of injuries/contract negotiations/inconsistent/he's not really off form but it gives people something to argue about.

What's Valencia's excuse?

I'm always right

Yeah but I don't even think he's aiming at making the keeper save it, I think he's just twatting a really dangerous ball in that general direction and gets lucky with it coming a little off the outside of his boot.

Cina

Let's just see what happens next season. I'm not going to write him off yet, nobody else should either.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He clearly just needs a south american buddy to pass too, that can head the ball phenomenally well...

Ok not Hernandez, i meant Falcao, smartass.

Status
Not open for further replies.