Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think that'll be easy with Haaland going to City.
From the reports it’s been said he isn’t being pursued as Haaland’s replacement. But indeed, they will have some money, and knowing them, they’ll probably replace Haaland and add Adeyemi both with that fee.

davidmichael

Antony and Sancho out wide with Fernandes is an extremely creative trio behind any striker, as with everything for us signing wise though the success of our forwards will be dependant on a decent midfield which we haven’t had in years and seriously need addressing.

romufc

Antony and Sancho out wide with Fernandes is an extremely creative trio behind any striker, as with everything for us signing wise though the success of our forwards will be dependant on a decent midfield which we haven’t had in years and seriously need addressing.
I think people really underestimate what a top tier midfield can do. Players with great energy and passing ability in the middle third is crucial.

The last time we had a proper midfield on a consistent basis was Carrick times if I recall?

Since then its been mix and match. If we sign 2/3 top tier midfielders, we will look 10 x better already.

Mainoldo

Two dribblers and a hit and hope merchant. I’m not sure how balanced and creative that is without a link man.

Nick.

If Ten Hag wants Antony we must go for it regardless of the stats. Ten Hag will know if he is a player who has what it takes.

ti vu

Two dribblers and a hit and hope merchant. I’m not sure how balanced and creative that is without a link man.
:lol:

At least more balanced than 2 shoot first merchants with said hit and hope merchant :wenger:

Sancho is more of a link man than pure dribbler. My concern is whether he has the mental toughness. I think with better coaching, talent wise he can be a better version of Ziyech wing play maker role for ETH.

bucky

:lol:

At least more balanced than 2 shoot first merchants with said hit and hope merchant :wenger:

Sancho is more of a link man than pure dribbler. My concern is whether he has the mental toughness. I think with better coaching, talent wise he can be a better version of Ziyech wing play maker role for ETH.
I thought he showed last that that he has it. He's come into an absulutey dreadful situation this season, came on in one of our toughest fixtures and actually looked like he could make something happen.

davidmichael

I like the idea of Ten Hag bringing in players he believes are good enough for the Premier League and that he’s worked with so knows they can fit into his system, Antony and maybe Januzaj who’s got his career back on track on a free works for me for the right hand side seeing as we have no idea what’ll happen with Greenwood for next season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
All things being equal, Raphinha would be my preferred option.

But even without any ETH link, Antony would still be another obvious candidate for that RW slot. Add in the ETH connection and it seems a very natural buy for one of our problem positions.

And potentially a transfer we could tie up relatively quickly given we seem to have a good relationship with Ajax. It would be good to get some key players in before pre-season starts.

captaincantona

I like the idea of Ten Hag bringing in players he believes are good enough for the Premier League and that he’s worked with so knows they can fit into his system, Antony and maybe Januzaj who’s got his career back on track on a free works for me for the right hand side seeing as we have no idea what’ll happen with Greenwood for next season.
Yeah Januzaj would be a perfect recruit for little money...infinitely more useful than mata or Jesse let’s say and with a point to prove.

Vapor trail

Lots of wide players seemingly available that's Dembele, Gnabry and Raphina. Would prefer Raphina over all and would probably cost a similar amount as Antony.

jackal&hyde

Super talented and worked with our manager (feels good to say it :drool:) so whatever deficiencies he might have I'm all for bringing him here.

Rolaholic

Lots of wide players seemingly available that's Dembele, Gnabry and Raphina. Would prefer Raphina over all and would probably cost a similar amount as Antony.
Leeds will definitely not sell us their best player for a reasonable fee

Tavern in the town

He confirmed Ten Hag and Haaland months ago recently when everyone was hedging their bets
Then he’s clearly a bullshitter because Ten Hag was negotiating with United up until a couple of weeks ago, it certainly wasn’t done months ago.

Hughes35

If the new manger wants him and has worked with him before then we have to make it happen. It's an area we need to strengthen too so seems like a no brainer.

Born2Lose

Seems to fit in with RR's ideas about signing players before they're established, which plainly hasn't worked all that well for the past 10 years.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
isn't his injury risky? 60 day ankle injury for someone who changes direction so often

bosskeano

i think this signing will most certainly happen b/c he knows the system, what ETH wants and we fuking need a left footed attacker badly

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think we'll end up signing him and I personally hope we do. Football seems to be becoming a little too robotic for my liking, and it would be good to see some Joga Bonito (beautiful game) at the club again. Hanninal and Antony in the same team would be interesting to witness.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I think we'll end up signing him and I personally hope we do. Football seems to be becoming a little too robotic for my liking, and it would be good to see some Joga Bonito (beautiful game) at the club again. Hanninal and Antony in the same team would be interesting to witness.

edcunited1878

If Antony comes to the club, who do you think would be the starting forwards? Seems like it would be Sancho, new forward with time share of Ronaldo if he stays, and Antony.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If ETH wants him to come here after working with him for 2 full seasons, and knowing him, his background, attitude, in training, and how he suits to the system. That’s no brainer decision to bring him in here. A manager who has worked with the player for 2 full seasons in club level is much much better information than our scouting information.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If Antony comes to the club, who do you think would be the starting forwards? Seems like it would be Sancho, new forward with time share of Ronaldo if he stays, and Antony.
That's how I see it as well, but I think Rashford could also threaten Sancho for a role in the team. Things might look bleak for Rashford now, but he could turn it around under ten Hag, and that can only be good for us. And with Antony in the team, the attack will look a lot more balanced due to him being a natural as a inverted wide forward on the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.