Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RkkMan

With FDJ looking unlikely this one will definitely speed up. Utd will have to make a big money signing to save face

Yorke to Cole

I don't think he's overhyped at all....he's been a goal scoring machine for three straight seasons. Only other guy who's compared to him goal scoring wise is Dembele from Lyon

70m is high but if we don't land DeJong, Antony has to be brought in
I agree. I want players that want to come here and have a positive mentality.

I do not care about De Jong. Today has confirmed it for me.

He can stay in his dead lock, shit pit of a situation at Barcelona. Leave him to sort his own mess out.

Rolaholic

There's been an awful lot of talk about his future for someone his club claim isn't going anywhere...

As much as they would love to keep him, a big money bid from us would go a long way towards building Schreuder's new era squad

tidraKS

Ajax played Shakhtar today, and Antony looks really dangerous, a lot of attacks coming on from his side. I'd be really happy if we get him.

bosskeano

this kid is an attack minded left footed brazilian....why wouldn't we be happy to have him on our roster???

We need an rvn

this kid is an attack minded left footed brazilian....why wouldn't we be happy to have him on our roster???
Because we had an attack minded skinny Argentinian in the exact same mold as him who also cost us £70m and he was one of the biggest flops ever at united…jury out for me at £70m and would rather have bought raphina for that money with proven pl quality

bosskeano

Because we had an attack minded skinny Argentinian in the exact same mold as him who also cost us £70m and he was one of the biggest flops ever at united…jury out for me at £70m and would rather have bought raphina for that money with proven pl quality
raphinha never would have come here b/c of Leeds.....I just don't see Antony being anything like that prick DiMaria

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
raphinha never would have come here b/c of Leeds.....I just don't see Antony being anything like that prick DiMaria
I doubt Raphinha gives a shit about Leeds like that. He wouldn't have come here because we are not Barcelona, and he wanted to go there.

Xaviboy

The money for FDJ transfer will now be going on this chap. McFred it is for the season for midfield. Fred will be our DM

Antony in.

Rolaholic

Main difference is that Antony is actually chomping at the bit to join.

Di Maria never wanted to and had his heart set on PSG who would've signed him had it not been for FFP. He also did start out on fire but he fell out with the manager quite quickly.

Can't imagine Antony falling out with the man who gave him his start in European football and would bring him to the biggest league in the world with him.

Raphinha is also good but far too wasteful with the ball. Our attack would be a turnover machine with him and Bruno playing together.

mu4c_20le

He fell out with the manager, there's a big difference

bosskeano

I doubt Raphinha gives a shit about Leeds like that. He wouldn't have come here because we are not Barcelona, and he wanted to go there.
i don't think that would be true...i'm sure he heard plenty about that rivalry but moot point with Barca wanting him

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I thought we're still waiting for him to sort out his wage issue with Barca. Barca sources again came out today saying that he has to take a pay cut or leave.

Ah man, I can't keep up. Anyway, this is the Antony thread.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
i don't think that would be true...i'm sure he heard plenty about that rivalry but moot point with Barca wanting him

Of course he’s heard about it. I’m saying he likely doesn’t care about it.

Chief123

Can you imagine how many broken zips we’ll have if we sign both Antony and FDJ!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
My guess is if we actually go back with a huge bid here then it's a sign that Frenkie isn't coming. Not ideal, but over a season i think Antony improving on Elanga as competition for the front 3 does more for us than Frenkie improving our starting 11 in a position where we would then have to sell someone so we aren't overloaded with numbers. So it's not the end of the world, though Frenkie obviously priority due to the level he can reach and it being so hard to find those players.

There does seem to be a lot of noise with him right now though, so might be something in it. Greenwood replacement essentially.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
My guess is if we actually go back with a huge bid here then it's a sign that Frenkie isn't coming. Not ideal, but over a season i think Antony improving on Elanga as competition for the front 3 does more for us than Frenkie improving our starting 11 in a position where we would then have to sell someone so we aren't overloaded with numbers. So it's not the end of the world, though Frenkie obviously priority due to the level he can reach and it being so hard to find those players.

There does seem to be a lot of noise with him right now though, so might be something in it. Greenwood replacement essentially.
Can’t see how our pursuits of Antony and De Jong are intertwined. ‘Midfield and forward’ is what we want. Unless of course you believe the aggressive promoting that we have 120m to spend of course, which I never did for a minute.

If we fail to get De Jong we will buy another midfielder.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Jaysus there's so much wrong with this post!

ADM was a club signing and the player went for the money. Antony wants to play for Ten Hag.

LVG didnt fancy rat face at all and was well known for having a disdain for South American players. ETH wants Antony and knows how he will fit in his system.

This PL proven nonsense has to die. How many City and Liverpool players have come to the PL and knocked it out of the park? For feck sake our own Bruno Fernandes took to it like a duck to water.

You couldnt have picked a worse comparison if you tried.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I'm sorry but it's exactly what he is. He's not European proven pedigree because of one decent season in a very ordinary league. Doesn't make him a bad player by any means but he's nowhere near the finished product.

Didn't Ziyech do better for Ajax too? He barely looks top 6 quality in England. Donny hasn't been amazing either.
"Unproven" (to your standard) and raw isn"t the same thing. His game is actually very well rounded and well coached, making the right decisions a lot of time, good on and off the ball. It's just nonsense.

Ziyech was better but has been very poorly used and scouted, how well did Werner, Lukaku, Pulisic, Havertz do for Chelsea? All their forwards have been crap, and we as a team have been crap as well.

Donny van de Beek is one of the least talented out of that entire bunch, a system player with barely any individual brilliance.

the_cliff

"Unproven" (to your standard) and raw isn"t the same thing. His game is actually very well rounded and well coached, making the right decisions a lot of time, good on and off the ball. It's just nonsense.

Ziyech was better but has been very poorly used and scouted, how well did Werner, Lukaku, Pulisic, Havertz do for Chelsea? All their forwards have been crap, and we as a team have been crap as well.

Donny van de Beek is one of the least talented out of that entire bunch, a system player with barely any individual brilliance.
Agreed, which is why I was really confused when we got him. Out of that whole Ajax team he would've been the most useless under Ole and his tactics and somehow we got him.

Tadic would have been a more useful player under Ole.

the_cliff

Antony and de Jong or Antony and a midfielder will be signed imo.
I really hope so, we desperately need a 6 in the mould of FDJ (even if it isn't Frenkie himself).

I'd be happy going into the new season with that, although I would be a bit worried if it is one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.