Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax

Ajax would be mad to turn that down if true.

Ten Hag must seriously think he's the next great Brazilian winger if he's willing to spend that much
We wont turn that down. I doubt this is true though.

We desperately need a RB, hope we can get one of your players involved in the deal.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

We desperately need a RB, hope we can get one of your players involved in the deal.
Who would you take? Think laird would thrive at yous.

bosskeano

Better off splashing the cash on teflon frying pans. That guy is nothing but overhyped mediocrity.
I don't think he's overhyped at all....he's been a goal scoring machine for three straight seasons. Only other guy who's compared to him goal scoring wise is Dembele from Lyon

Ajax would be mad to turn that down if true.

Ten Hag must seriously think he's the next great Brazilian winger if he's willing to spend that much
70m is high but if we don't land DeJong, Antony has to be brought in

Trex

I think we'll wait to clear up the Ronaldo situation before making a move for a forward.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I like Antony and his profile a lot, but I do think this is different to Frenkie in that young wide attackers who can progress the ball and score/assist at a respectable rate are a bit more common than a central midfielder like De Jong. £70m is probably a bit too much.

davidmichael

Drop Antony this summer. Run and buy Patrick Schick before other top clubs get him. Like Bayern or Chelsea.

No other top club buy Antony this summer.

Get Patrick Schick this summer. Who can play both CF and RW. Give Amad Diallo and Chong another year to prove their worth. If not good enough. Come back and buy Antony next summer.

Schick has everyting. Tall but still top skill and flair.

Schick = 2 positions for/in one player.

A funny word and sentence. Patrick Schick will eat Antony to breakfast as CF and full packet as football player;)

Patrick Schick can do everything with the ball, effience with the ball. Include Antony skills. And with high end product level.

And with the Eriksen crosser. Who shall head the ball in the goal? Martial is good. But Schick heading ability is higher. The conistent heading/finishing abilty.

Schick is complete CF, but still play as RW.
Starting to think you’re on a percentage for any transfer fee he grabs

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
70m for him?

Which other club in Europe would even pay 60m for him? I don't think any would.

Crazy price for a very raw player. Exciting though he may be he's not really proven much playing in the Dutch League.

sillwuka

A 24 year old Pepe was bought for 72 Million. Maybe just maybe, Antony is worth 60 odd.

I'm still unsure of him but I'm warming to the idea.

Trex

A 24 year old Pepe was bought for 72 Million. Maybe just maybe, Antony is worth 60 odd.

I'm still unsure of him but I'm warming to the idea.
Truth is decent players this days cost £50m and above unless you're taking a punt so maybe its not so outrageous.

AndySmith1990

Feck de Jong let's get this fella next, he's at least desperate to join us and achieve some success

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
If you call Antony raw you are just talking out of your arse.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ajax bosses literally begging for a big bid aren't they? I assume we've been waiting to see how he looks once he gets back on the pitch after his injury.

I think give it a few weeks and if he shows no relapses we will go in for him.

Zoo

Ajax bosses literally begging for a big bid aren't they? I assume we've been waiting to see how he looks once he gets back on the pitch after his injury.

I think give it a few weeks and if he shows no relapses we will go in for him.
Probably because they know that Antony wants to leave. Frankly an established Brazilian international who is aiming to be in their starting XI should no longer be playing in the Eredevisie.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Probably because they know that Antony wants to leave. Frankly an established Brazilian international who is aiming to be in their starting XI should no longer be playing in the Eredevisie.
True. Ajax are smart anyway, they know they need to take the money when it comes - they're smarter than Dortmund in that sense. They don't have the ego/pride that makes for poor business.

As we saw with Martinez though they won't be mugged off, but I think if we have to spend that big we will make sure he's 100% recovered first.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If you call Antony raw you are just talking out of your arse.
I'm sorry but it's exactly what he is. He's not European proven pedigree because of one decent season in a very ordinary league. Doesn't make him a bad player by any means but he's nowhere near the finished product.

Didn't Ziyech do better for Ajax too? He barely looks top 6 quality in England. Donny hasn't been amazing either.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Ajax bosses literally begging for a big bid aren't they?
Not really. They are just being realistic. If they come out very loudly saying absolutely no one will leave and then some incredible offer comes in that can't be refused especially if the player wants to make the move, then they just look like idiots saying there's no chance any other play will leave.

Ajax will sell at around that €80m price, as if would be ridiculous to turn that down especially if the player wants to go. However that doesnt change the fact that Ajax prefers him go stay. Ajax would certainly prefer no offers to be made so he will stay with the club for another season. Hence why I don't expect Ajax to be very eager to negotiate, just like we saw with Martinez. I also would expect United to have learned from that saga. Pay Ajax what Ajax requires and the move will most likely happen. If not, he will be in Amsterdam for one more season which is all good.

Suedesi

How the feck can Bayern Munich spend peanuts on Gravenberch and Mazraoui yet we have to pay United tax for every single player?

After Lisandro you owe us a discount ;-)

Alemar

You are more than welcome to have Bissaka as part of the deal. To add to that, if you also fancy defenders in other positions, then there is a nice group of Alex Telles, Bailly and Tuanzebe to choose from. So 1 or 2 defenders plus cash for Antony

Brophs

The One and Only
Why didnt we just make a joint offer for both Martinez and Antony at the same time if ETH wanted both? We would have got both for a better price. Why buy one and then come back with an offer for the other? You are obviously going to massively overpay that way.
Why would we get a reduction if we were buying both? They obviously have prices on the players and know we want them. Allowing us to do some sort of loyalty card deal for them doesn't really hold any benefit for Ajax.

GreatDane

How the feck can Bayern Munich spend peanuts on Gravenberch and Mazraoui yet we have to pay United tax for every single player?

One was a free transfer and the other had a year left.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax

Just read 110 pages of this thread and you can find the answer about 15 times. The crybaby behaviour of some United fans regarding United tax is so pathetic it really gives Uniteds fanbase a poor image.

You sound like small club fans crying about United getting all the refs in its favour. It's pathetic.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Surely the difference here has been explained over and over by this point?

dal

Did he play in 2021/2022, I cant see any stats on whoscored, he got 2 goals and 4 assists in the champions league in 20/21 season which is basically the only thing he has done if you discount the dutch league as it seems hes had one good season.

Surely its no more than £50 million, I know we are desperate but £70-£80 million is absurd.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
70m for him?

Which other club in Europe would even pay 60m for him? I don't think any would.

Crazy price for a very raw player. Exciting though he may be he's not really proven much playing in the Dutch League.
Reckon Liverpool would take a gamble on him if they lost like Salah maybe.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
One was a free transfer and the other had a year left.
Yeah, you get the feeling that Bayern do their homework way way before they actually get their players. I won't be surprised if they timed it so they could get their targets when their contracts are running down. Maybe they'd put in some words to their agents through some intermediary to gauge the players' willingness to move etc etc. You know, the way a properly run club does things.

Us, on the other hand, are the equivalent of that guy who only seems to realise the exam's tomorrow and have to cram everything overnight. Hell, that's how Ole got the job in the first place. We sacked Jose without knowing who to get next, got him to be caretaker and then decided to get Ole a permanent deal, because the guy did well off the new manager bounce and we had no other managers in mind to take over. The shit show with Ralf Rangnick's consultation role is further evidence that the people in charge make things up as they go along.

Status
Not open for further replies.