Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Pretty straightforward message really.

God: It's obviously a bible verse.
Time: On the clock in the picture, it's 1:34.
The second guy in the picture is the only one unnamed, so that must mean we're using the second gospel for this one - the Gospel of Mark.

Mark 1:34: And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him.

Now, Antony is clearly the diver, and of course we're the devils. We got sick of him and were cast out. It's off. :( [Source: King James Version]

Grande

Pretty straightforward message really.

God: It's obviously a bible verse.
Time: On the clock in the picture, it's 1:34.
The second guy in the picture is the only one unnamed, so that must mean we're using the second gospel for this one - the Gospel of Mark.

Mark 1:34: And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him.

Now, Antony is clearly the diver, and of course we're the devils. We got sick of him and were cast out. It's off. :( [Source: King James Version]
The writing on the wall, innit?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Can we do one transfer quickly, ffs? If their value and our value of the player is different 30 mill then don't even start with it and move to other target.

Dempsey19

Not to be a party pooper but if he comes in where does he play?

Sancho has been on the RW for preseason and done very well.

Surely can't be spending a fortune for Antony to be a rotation option?

Kaos

He'll play on the right as expected. Sancho can play there too, but also just as effective, if not arguably better on the left. We don't know how effective Rashford will be this season too. We're an injury to either one of them away from playing Elanga on the wing.

With the amount of games we're expected to have this coming season, all of them will get plenty of minutes.

Telsim

Time to go all in. €55M + €5M + Elanga/Amad/Laird. I think Ajax will accept something like this. And we get a left-footed RW. About time. Sancho - Martial - Antony could be devastating, if we sort our midfield. And if Martial decides to actually play, of course. But we can always buy a world class CF next summer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

We have only 3 senior players for 3 positions, we need lot of attackers (assuming Ronaldo is leaving).

mu4c_20le

Sancho can play both sides, it's not a problem.

Sancho - goals on left wing v right wing
Starting positionMinutesGoalsMinutes per goalxG per 90 minutes
Right wing5,265242190.26
Left wing3,099201550.43

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Signed 3 first team players and agreed a fee for our primary target. Not doing bad.
Yeah, classic case of glass half empty/full. I respect your optimism.
But in my view; we needed busy and quick summer to help a new manager to prepare a team for a season which starts with tough fixtures in first month.
Only one new player (backup) of 3 played in pre season. 12 days before first game we have only 3 attackers (4 if you count Elanga as serious option). Primary target, even if he will be signed, will not be ready for our first few games. We sold one player and we are still stuck with some players who will not play at all.
That is not good summer business (for club in our situation).

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Yeah, classic case of glass half empty/full. I respect your optimism.
But in my view; we needed busy and quick summer to help a new manager to prepare a team for a season which starts with tough fixtures in first month.
Only one new player (backup) of 3 played in pre season. 12 days before first game we have only 3 attackers (4 if you count Elanga as serious option). Primary target, even if he will be signed, will not be ready for our first few games. We sold one player and we are still stuck with some players who will not play at all.
That is not good summer business.
I understand that, but still think it's a reach to call Murtough less competent than Woodward was.

The big one is clearly FDJ and is being hampered due to issues outside of our control. We've also cleared out some rotten apples with their contracts expiring, so I think we're looking much healthier.

Anyway, we've digressed and taken it off topic!

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
This feels like another one of them things where the club is going to waste the entire window on and surprisingly get no where. I love that they never learn their lesson with this stuff. I hope I'm proven wrong, but it's kinda hard to have faith in United to do the sensible thing in the transfer market anymore.

Ted Lasso

Sancho can play both sides, it's not a problem.

Starting positionMinutesGoalsMinutes per goalxG per 90 minutes
Sancho - goals on left wing v right wing
Right wing5,265242190.26
Left wing3,099201550.43
Didn't realize he was that much more productive on the left! That includes his United minutes and Dortmund?

mu4c_20le

Didn't realize he was that much more productive on the left! That includes his United minutes and Dortmund?
Just Dortmund. It is because he's right footed. On the right he has more assists I believe, and is generally more creative.

Chief123

Antony right. Sancho left.

Rashford in and out. Rotated.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just Dortmund. It is because he's right footed. On the right he has more assists I believe, and is generally more creative.
Goalscoring threat on the left, creative playmaker in the buildup phase on the right. Get you a man that can do both

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Antony right. Sancho left.

Rashford in and out. Rotated.
Sounds about right… sancho, martial and Antony has a front 3 be insane. Rashford to come on late in games when opposition defences are tired.

Ted Lasso

Goalscoring threat on the left, creative playmaker in the buildup phase on the right. Get you a man that can do both
Excited to see him get to his best with us this season. Having another creative player like Antony is only going to be a good thing for the team and it's quite reassuring to see Sancho can play either side

Status
Not open for further replies.