Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

we need a left footed attacker and quite frankly after two matches we fuking shit the bed....pay the fuking money for him

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Love the fans that are more worried about Manchester United spending some of "Glazers" money then that the club is sinking. Pay whatever it takes if ETH is convinced that he is a player that can make an impact. I still believe that we are in a much bigger need of like 2-3 CMs, 1 CF and 1 RB.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I am not a fan of the Martinez signing but he's already being used as an example of a flop after a few minutes? :lol:

roseguy64

I am not a fan of the Martinez signing but he's already being used as an example of a flop after a few minutes? :lol:
Football fans are extremely fickle. I try to ignore the people who are extremists and those who make up their minds quickly.

RedorDead21

without a dominant CB hard to imagine how he can transition to being a good player for us though? That’s everyone’s main worry. We ain’t going to get that guy in this season. It’s Maguire!

MrBest

I mean for the sake of 20m, we are letting our reputation go down the drain, manager not being backed and worse of all, there is no alternative. We have to pay what they want, we left it too long in the window to have any bargaining power.

RedorDead21

I mean for the sake of 20m, we are letting our reputation go down the drain, manager not being backed and worse of all, there is no alternative. We have to pay what they want, we left it too long in the window to have any bargaining power.
you mean for a sum less than the Glazers took out as dividends weeks ago…

Popovic

So we think Ajax will give us a discount on the last day and let one of their key players go without a replacement?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Transfer request?
Even if he put a transfer request in right at the end of the window they wouldn’t let him go because they wouldn’t have enough time to get a replacement in.

Chairman Steve

I feel like this transfer can be done with zero fuss next summer. Our relationship with Ajax is fairly good and us holding off until then would be appreciated by them.

GledTheRed

I feel like this transfer can be done with zero fuss next summer. Our relationship with Ajax is fairly good and us holding off until then would be appreciated by them.
If we don't sign him now we never will as he will have miles better offers next summer.

Pay 65 million quid for him now as well as that Nunes from Sporting and let's try salvage a season heading for the shitter.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Only reasons must be kick up a fuss, refuse to play, put in a transfer request to maybe torpedo the huge asking price.
The player that has been kissing the logo and making heart symbols to the fans the last few weeks is going to kick up a fuss? Not gonna happen

Delano

So we think Ajax will give us a discount on the last day and let one of their key players go without a replacement?
Of course, remember when we tried the same with Sancho? That worked a treat as well...

No chance he comes this year, it'd be next year for a Sancho like fee. If it even happens.

Mike1976

Supports
Ajax & United, in that order
United are probably chancing that if he has a poor season he'll be worth less next summer.
But if he's poor/not developing further for Ajax what good would he be for United?

RedorDead21

If we don't sign him now we never will as he will have miles better offers next summer.

Pay 65 million quid for him now as well as that Nunes from Sporting and let's try salvage a season heading for the shitter.
Nunes is going to Wolves as we sit in our hands wondering why we sit bottom

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Love the fans that are more worried about Manchester United spending some of "Glazers" money then that the club is sinking. Pay whatever it takes if ETH is convinced that he is a player that can make an impact. I still believe that we are in a much bigger need of like 2-3 CMs, 1 CF and 1 RB.
That is the issue that it isn't the Glazers money and they will continue to rip money out the club and into their fat dirty pockets whether we make money or not.

It is a concern wasting money on average players, we have wasted over a billion quid of the clubs money in the last decade. It can't continue

macheda14

For the sake of 20m we don’t continue to get fleeced in every transfer deal. We can blame the club for a lot, but not wanting to spend 80m is a decent position to take.

DevilRed

You seriously think we should pay 80mil?
i think we should pay whatever it takes to get ten hags Priority targets.

you can’t be thrifty from a position of dogshit. You can save the money later down the line.

Our club really should be spending the most money of anyone every summer. Except we are saddled by these cnuts the glazers who put us in debt and leech money out of the club. We should have had an extra billion to spend over their ownership.

Vapor trail

For the sake of 20m we don’t continue to get fleeced in every transfer deal. We can blame the club for a lot, but not wanting to spend 80m is a decent position to take.
That's quite frankly the club's fault for not registering serious interest before Ajax got their first team picked apart. Going into a season with Rashford / Sancho who have neither shown great form in the last 12 months puts the club in a position of desperation. United already got fleeced for Martinez. The consensus that Murtough is going about business in a wise manner will hit home hard when the transfer window is shut and the likes of Fred / Mctomminay are still running the midfield. It's intriguing to hear what excuse will come out the club's board when this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.