Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Its far too much money. Don’t care what anyone says, 80M Euros is far too much on him. And this is coming from someone who has been crying out for a winger like him, someone who has flair and gets past people. We’ve missed someone like that for a decade. But the price is nuts.
We all know we're over paying, but who cares tbh? i'd rather have him than the money in the bank for the Glazers to steal.

Nobody will think of the money if he plays well.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Think this was mainly down to the fact we wouldn't pay the 80m they were looking at that time. Now we are willing to pay it, albeit late in the day, he can push a bit more if he had an agreement with Ajax to leave.
Yeah, a mistake by us to wait this long, I guess the opening games have made us go into panic.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Feels like this will get done for about 85-90m euros. Which is a hell of a lot of money. But at this point, I don't give a shit.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We all know we're over paying, but who cares tbh? i'd rather have him than the money in the bank for the Glazers to steal.

Nobody will think of the money if he plays well.
As long as the player is genuinely good, I kind of agree. If the player is bad then it's an issue. Liverpool likely overpaid for Allison but I don't think that they will ever regret it.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
He is skipping training to force a move. It’s nice that he wants to come but you could do without another potentially toxic player.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I still want FDJ even if we got Antony and Casemiro... :cool: shame there's a limit to spending

Adamsk7

I think he'd be great for us - he's hard working and has loads of flair, which let's face it has always been something we've loved at Utd. He'd instantly improve our right side and Sancho can go back on the left where he excels. I'd then see if Rashford can rediscover any form as a striker (I actually think he is better there than left wing anyway) and rotate with Martial.

I think we definitely need a new right back though to compliment him - Dalot and AWB aren't good enough.

80 million euros though - sheesh. Still, not our problem, Glazers and Johnny boy got us in to this mess.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As long as the player is genuinely good, I kind of agree. If the player is bad then it's an issue. Liverpool likely overpaid for Allison but I don't think that they will ever regret it.
Pretty much. If he is awful and a flop then we will take some slack for it, so be it.

If he becomes an awesome right winger that we've needed for years, a fan favourite etc - who cares if we paid 20m more than market?

the biggest issue is making sure he IS the right player and won't flop.

I suspect because he is a very hard working and athletic, he will fit in fine. He's not a wishy washy trickster that will take his toys home.

Irrational.

He’s coming.

Feck the Glazers’ money. I’d rather see them get ripped off a million times over rather than see them pocket another penny.

Pirlo'sBeard

I'll not pretend I watch any Eredivisie.

Anyone on here regularly watch Antony and think he can make the step up?

Adamsk7

I'd prefer a more explosive winger who can blast past defenders and then finish.

I hope we don't bid any higher than what we have.
He's not slow at all. Can definitely blast past players but he uses his low centre of gravity to better effect. He's no Bale, sure, but there aren't many of those players around anyway that are also quality in other areas.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This extra bit of spending for him is pretty vital tbh. Its the cost for us to replace Greenwood. Wouldn't have been needed if that never happened, but here we are. Have to act. Left footed right winger is vital. Antony has huge talent and has the potential to be like Robben IMO. Will give us a good rotation between him, Rashford and Sancho, with the bonus of Antony being a very hard worker defensively too.

Schmeichel=God

People need to stop picking on Sancho. He has spent one season at United - the most dysfunctional United ever managed by Ole the cheerleader and then Ralf who isn't really a manager. Please, give the lad another season.

As for Antony, we desperately need a forward, and he wants to come, and ETH wants him. Most of us wanted this manager, so we have to trust him, especially with a player he has worked with before.
Especially when it's blatantly obvious that Jadon has more technical ability, vision ans final ball than any other player in our squad.

Give him time.
Hope that we start performing before he decides he wants to leave.
Profit on the pitch.

This is one player that we need to keep for 5 to 7 years at least if possible. I wont have it that people are writing him off.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd prefer a more explosive winger who can blast past defenders and then finish.

I hope we don't bid any higher than what we have.
Antony is plenty quick. Rapid over first few yards especially. We need a left footed right winger. There aren't many available with high potential, he has huge potential. There's literally nobody available with huge pace either who is a natural on the right. So it's a moot point. Can't hold out for 5 years waiting on a unicorn that doesn't exist.

gaffs

City paid £100mil for Grelish. We paid £80mil for McGuire. Notts Forrest just paid £42mil for Gibbs-White. The money is insane.

Compared to Casemiro, i think £80mil for Anthony could be better value. If he hits, then we have a fantastic player. If he doesn't, at least he has resale value.

Apparently, he is currently on £19k a week at Ajax. We hopefully wont be giving him a stupid salary on top.

It he gets £120k a week (same as Martinez) and assuming Casemiro will be on around £350k a week, that is nearly £12mil a season difference.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
The Ajax fans were having a good laugh at United earlier in the thread, happily mocking our ineptitude. They don’t seem quite as chipper now for some reason.
They’re on the same route as Dortmund fans on here. Living in denial until the very end. Lovely :devil:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
He’s coming.

Feck the Glazers’ money. I’d rather see them get ripped off a million times over rather than see them pocket another penny.
Glazers havent spend one dime from their own pocket since overtaken the club. Its our money with more debt putting on the club - not them. Just wanted to make that clear.

BigDycheEnergy

We payed 50 million for Martial in 2015. That's like 100-120 million in today's money.

The fee doesn't bother me that much. We're beyond banter now anyways.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Let the man go, you daft dutch weirdos!
We love Antony we do, oh Antony we love you

Status
Not open for further replies.