Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Good to see we still have some pulling power. Players want to leave CL football to join us and the Europa league.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He is skipping training to force a move. It’s nice that he wants to come but you could do without another potentially toxic player.
Not toxic, probably a case of was told he could leave if a crazy bid comes in of 80m, and then when it came in the bid got rejected. Was the same with Martinez. Can't name a price at one of those clubs and then reject it without causing the player to get upset about it.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
What has Antony done that Nunez hasn’t?

Hardly a sensible comparison.
Apart from scoring and making good runs in behind, Antony is better at everything else. Better technique, better passer, better dribbler, better at beating a man, more skillful, more flair.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
City paid £100mil for Grelish. We paid £80mil for McGuire. Notts Forrest just paid £42mil for Gibbs-White. The money is insane.

Compared to Casemiro, i think £80mil for Anthony could be better value. If he hits, then we have a fantastic player. If he doesn't, at least he has resale value.

Apparently, he is currently on £19k a week at Ajax. We hopefully wont be giving him a stupid salary on top.

It he gets £120k a week (same as Martinez) and assuming Casemiro will be on around £350k a week, that is nearly £12mil a season difference.
Casemiro Will be on €18mill/year i.e £190k/week apparently.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Apart from scoring and making good runs in behind, Antony is better at everything else. Better technique, better passer, better dribbler, better at beating a man, more skillful, more flair.
So the things a striker needs versus the things a winger needs. Right.

saik

Not that I'm saying they should be compared at all, but look at Nunez against Fulham and see how many chances he wasted because of his poor technique. So I would say strikers need technique too not just making in runs behind.

TheReligion

Abusive
City paid £100mil for Grelish. We paid £80mil for McGuire. Notts Forrest just paid £42mil for Gibbs-White. The money is insane.

Compared to Casemiro, i think £80mil for Anthony could be better value. If he hits, then we have a fantastic player. If he doesn't, at least he has resale value.

Apparently, he is currently on £19k a week at Ajax. We hopefully wont be giving him a stupid salary on top.

It he gets £120k a week (same as Martinez) and assuming Casemiro will be on around £350k a week, that is nearly £12mil a season difference.
300k is the reported wage for Casemiro I believe.

lex talionis

The arrival of Antony, should it come to pass, allows us to let go of Rashford and move Sancho to the left. Antony wants to come, which is refreshing, and Rashford appears to be done with United though he appropriately won’t say a cross eyed again at his boyhood club. A good move for both players if we can pull this off.

Rolaholic

I think it's a done deal tbh, getting in touch with his replacement immediately after he doesn't train

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
So you're saying the top strikers don't need to be good at dribbling, passing and first touch? Just watch them both play and you can see who the better football is. It's Antony by a mile.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
EPL is probably right under UCL.
Ye obviously the premier league is an attracted proposition but I’m sure they’d wait for another prem club rather then jump at the chance to join us with the current mess that we’re in.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
80 million down the drain, Antony forces a move again!

I Am Zlatan

Please let this happen! Casemiro and Antony signed on the same day would probably send some of us muppets to the hospital

Ted Lasso

Good to see we still have some pulling power. Players want to leave CL football to join us and the Europa league.
Saw a graphic online about all the players that left CL football this season to go to a club without it. It's like a dozen players, all very good and promising.

It's never cut and dry. And also ironic to keep seeing this message considering how City got to where they are

dove

Anyone here who haven't formed an opinion about him solely from watching youtube highlights video and regularly watch him play instead? The £70m fee seems a bit ridiculous to be honest especially considering pretty much every single player flops abroad after leaving Ajax.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Watched PSV game the other night and wasn’t that impressed by Gakpo, out of him and Anthony
Casemiro Will be on €18mill/year i.e £190k/week apparently.
After tax? Otherwise it would be around £350k a week before tax at £18m

saik

Anyone here who haven't formed an opinion about him solely from watching youtube highlights video and regularly watch him play instead? The £70m fee seems a bit ridiculous to be honest especially considering pretty much every single player flops abroad after leaving Ajax.
Not true at all . Or are you only speaking in regards to the players that joined United?

Castia

Well our manager has experience with him and he was his number 1 priority for an attacker so that's enough for me.

Over priced but that's on us for leaving it this late. Ajax would have snapped our hand off for 70m at the start of June.

Judas

Open to offers
I honestly think he could struggling in England much like Sancho has, or even worse Pepe :nervous:

Very excited about us signing him potentially though, because if he's a success he'll be sensational. It'll be fun.

Chief123

This is so on! I might as well remain unzipped from Casemiro.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
After tax? Otherwise it would be around £350k a week before tax at £18m
Not sure, got the information from another caf member. But the mathematics seems not right, when you put it like that hehe. Guess we’ll have to wait and see. I thought £190k sound pretty cheap for a player like Casemiro.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I can say he is well worth the price. He'd transform us for years to come.

I've seen his wikipedia and his a 22 year old Brazilian who scores goals. Never seen him play once in my life.

Chief123

I honestly think he could struggling in England much like Sancho has, or even worse Pepe :nervous:

Very excited about us signing him potentially though, because if he's a success he'll be sensational. It'll be fun.
I think the positive aspect is we can have inverted wingers on both sides like ETH prefers. Sancho on left and Anthony on right. Allow the full backs to overlap.

Status
Not open for further replies.