Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaRonaldo85

If we’re gonna splurge £90 million plus, I’d quite like to see him play at least one game of football. Literally never seen or heard of him before this summers transfer gossip and we’re on the verge of making him our record signing FFS.

We are just a very odd club when it comes to buying and selling players.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Utd should move on and come back next year, maybe Antony's price will be lowered or remains the same. If Antony doesn't get a sniff at WC, I can't see his price going up. I will see if Chelsea has anyone that is useful to us. Maybe a swap deal with Maguire for a winger and a CB. It benefits both team.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If we’re gonna splurge £90 million plus, I’d quite like to see him play at least one game of football. Literally never seen or heard of him before this summers transfer gossip and we’re on the verge of making him our record signing FFS.

We are just a very odd club when it comes to buying and selling players.
And footballing ability

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Antony is a player I really wanted us to sign since long before he was linked to us and still do, I think he will be a perfect signing, a new type of young Ronaldo for us. But the fact the player is practically on strike, has made it known in every way possible that he doesn't want to stay at Ajax but wants to join us, and yet we are upping the bids instead of taking advantage, and having 90m bids turned down just seems utterly ridiculous.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Yeah painted themselves no better than Woody
It's a pity because I genuinely believe that if you had walked up to Ajax with €100m on the first day of the window you probably could have picked up both Antony and Martinez and had them for preseason etc

Last edited:

WPMUFC

Honestly this. fecking idiots wasted 3 whole months doing feck all. Joyriding across Europe looking like utter fools without anything to show for it.
Antony improving with MUFC doesn't even mean we'd sell him on for over 100m. This is purely a "MUFC fee" because of how bad we are in the market. If Antony improves, his fee stays around 80-100m, if he is just average and can't make the leap, he's either being sold for 40-50, loaned out, or leaves on a free.

Anyone complaining about Ajax in this is bonkers. We put ourselves in this position and thats about it.

Enigma_87

You know who
Antony is a player I really wanted us to sign since long before he was linked to us and still do, I think he will be a perfect signing, a new type of young Ronaldo for us. But the fact the player is practically on strike, has made it known in every way possible that he doesn't want to stay at Ajax but wants to join us, and yet we are upping the bids instead of taking advantage, and having 90m bids turned down just seems utterly ridiculous.
Same

TheReligion

Abusive
120m? You don't think that the price is a problem now because you've waited so late in the window?
I think it’s great everyone talking with hindsight as if they know better.

United haven’t just gone for Antony now. They were in contact with Ajax early in the window. Martinez was completed fairly quickly when Arsenal were fishing around.

Ajax knew Antony would be leaving this summer in February. His interview has totally exposed their ‘we have no time to replace you’ excuse.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Guys, if he end up being even a new type of Hazard it will be amazing for United, hell even a new Vinicius (even if I still think he's overrated but that's a different story) but you don't realize how FAR superior the players that are mentionned in thread (Ronaldo, Hazard, Neymar) were at 22. Christ, Ronaldo was on his way to his first ballon d'or at that age.

You bought young fella called sancho who, at age 19, had a season with Dortmund when he scored 20 goals and gave 20 assists when Antony's best season was 12 and 12. The certainty that some have here that he'll be any better totally eludes me.

m1tch

I think we should leave our offer on the table but assume that this won't happen till next summer now. It'll be a pretty difficult year for Antony in the meanwhile but he'll just have to make the best of it, it should mean we get him for a bit less next summer too.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Ajax knew Antony would be leaving this summer in February. His interview has totally exposed their ‘we have no time to replace you’ excuse.
But their excuse is true, Manchester United have left it too late in the window for them to secure an appropriate replacement.

Ajax knew Antony wanted to leave, all he needed was a club to come in and match their valuation and he would leave.

As of yet that hadn't happened and they are demanding a premium due to Uniteds inaction due to the fact they will have to venture back into the market and pay a premium for his replacement themselves (if one is available at this late stage).

It's 100% on United for messing this up.

TheReligion

Abusive
But their excuse is true, Manchester United have left it too late in the window for them to secure an appropriate replacement.

Ajax knew Antony wanted to leave, all he needed was a club to come in and match their valuation and he would leave.

As of yet that hadn't happened and they are demanding a premium due to Uniteds inaction due to the fact they will have to venture back into the market and pay a premium for his replacement themselves (if one is available at this late stage).

In your opinion all of that is correct and accurate but in reality none of us know.

It seems very naive to genuinely believe Ajax have been blindsided by this given what Antony has just said and the fact United were in for the player earlier in the window.

The clubs have a good relationship and have been speaking solidly regarding EtH and Martinez. I’m fairly certain Antony was mentioned and they were aware bids would come in.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ajax are demanding a premium as they don’t want to sell.

Judging by Antony’s reaction they are going against what they have previously discussed with him and agreed to do.

Why do you think he’s so angry with the club?

talking robot

Walk away and spend the money elsewhere on the squad. 90 million can go a long way. His price is only going to drop, and I’d suspect at this point he will still be motivated to come in the next windo or two.

Enigma_87

You know who

If the valuation is more than 100m EUR or even around that price, it's not on United that we have to overpay that much.

We have been flirting with the idea of bringing in 2 attackers, which of course makes sense as we need it.

What United have done wrong for nth time is they didn't have an alternative early in the window. Get another attacker in and now they would be in a much stronger position - just unsettle Antony and decrease his price by either bidding in the last moment or leaving it for next season.

Guy wants to come, kicks a fuss, yet we still pay premium. That makes no sense..

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
The clubs have a good relationship and have been speaking solidly regarding EtH and Martinez. I’m fairly certain Antony was mentioned and they were aware bids would come in.
Exactly, the clubs have a good relationship and Ajax have a history of selling their players when their valuations have been met so it tells me that United have yet to meet Ajax valuation.

I think you will though.

Ajax are demanding a premium as they don’t want to sell.

Judging by Antony’s reaction they are going against what they have previously discussed with and promised him.

Well yeah that's the initial premium but IMO the deal only gets more difficult (and expensive) the longer it goes on.

Since United got the Martinez deal over the line (eventually) they must have known what it would take and for some reason they waited a month to try and get the deal done.

Obviously some of this is due to the Ronaldo disruption but still it comes across as amateur, Ajax are well within their rights to squeeze as much out of you as possible.

TheReligion

Abusive
Exactly, the clubs have a good relationship and Ajax have a history of selling their players when their valuations have been met so it tells me that United have yet to meet Ajax valuation.

I think you will though.

Well yeah that's the initial premium but IMO the deal only gets more difficult (and expensive) the longer it goes on.

Since United got the Martinez deal over the line (eventually) they must have known what it would take and for some reason they waited a month to try and get the deal done.

Obviously some of this is due to the Ronaldo disruption but still it comes across as amateur, Ajax are well within their rights to squeeze as much out of you as possible.
Ajax seem to want to squeeze whatever money they can at the expense of the player. I find that pretty sad tbh.

Judging by his interview he feels he’s been treated unfairly despite making his intentions clear when he first signed, again in February then for a third time in June.

m1tch

United should really just do what they did with Dortmund over Sancho.

Come back and get the player for less next year.
It's the likely outcome, I don't think they originally planned on bringing him in this summer but have given it a go due to failing to get other deals done.

Unlike with Sancho who stayed quiet, Antony has started setting fires on the bridges. It's not gonna be a good season for him as a result.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Utd should move on and come back next year, maybe Antony's price will be lowered or remains the same. If Antony doesn't get a sniff at WC, I can't see his price going up. I will see if Chelsea has anyone that is useful to us. Maybe a swap deal with Maguire for a winger and a CB. It benefits both team.
Feckin Balsaman Pulisic? Must be havin' a laugh.

sglowrider

I think it’s great everyone talking with hindsight as if they know better.

United haven’t just gone for Antony now. They were in contact with Ajax early in the window. Martinez was completed fairly quickly when Arsenal were fishing around.

Red Cafe = Real Hindsight FC

Mike1976

Supports
Ajax & United, in that order
Quality control
In your opinion all of that is correct and accurate but in reality none of us know.

It seems very naive to genuinely believe Ajax have been blindsided by this given what Antony has just said and the fact United were in for the player earlier in the window.
Can't know what's really going on, but do believe what Antony said because it suits United's agenda ... right.

Antony could just as easily be lying through his teeth on his own or under instructions from his manager. He's from a favela, those guys will literally do anything they have to including murder to get ahead.

Looking at at least 3-5 times his current salary, plenty of reasons to lie.

marcus agrippa

Can't know what's really going on, but do believe what Antony said because it suits United's agenda ... right.

Antony could just as easily be lying through his teeth on his own or under instructions from his manager. He's from a favela, those guys will literally do anything they have to including murder to get ahead.

Wow! The racism, prejudice ... whatever, it just jumped out.

sglowrider

Is he though? Born in Osasco, the 9th richest city in Brazil.

edcunited1878

That's a pretty bold statement and some prejudice just because he is from a favela....

What else does he have to achieve at Ajax? The manager that has arguably gotten the best out of him thus far and who both have mutual respect and admiration for, has moved on to a bigger challenge. EtH believes Antony can meet that challenge, thus player believes in the manager. Yes, he'll make his money, that's a no brainer, but let's not forget the challenge that is Manchester United and the Premier League.

Barthez

It is ridiculous. We would not even need a winger if we had not panicked and sold Dan James last year because Ronaldo was afraid of being overshadowed by a bigger talent.
Dan James would actually be a great fit for this team, and ETHs pressing game.

devil99

cnuts going to do the same to us in 4-5 years time when madrid come calling.

I will be ready to cry wank myself to sleep by then though.
Sure. I will happily take 150m , 3 years of service and my blessings for the new project

CarbonStoolBites

I genuinely can’t believe Ajax are not satisfied with 90m for this guy, it doesn’t make any sense.
They might never get that kind of offer again, something doesn’t seem right here, you know?

devil99

I honestly doubt that. My impression is that Murtough and them are on that 'classy' schtick most Caftards are on, and are 'above' the Real Madrid and Barcelona dark arts of the transfer market.
Tell me how many times United tapped up a player and got them for well below the market price?

croadyman

It's a pity because I genuinely believe that if you had walked up to Ajax with €100m on the first day of the window you probably could have picked up both Antony and Martinez and had them for preseason etc
Yeah you are probably spot on

roseguy64

Just further confirms that where Romano has his inside scoop is normally with agents of a player rather than inside club links like other bigger name journalists have
Yeah that's why he can report on multiple leagues. Get with the right agents who have the right connections and boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.