Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavelinaJolie

I have to say I do find the not training or playing a bit off putting.

edit: corrected.

Last edited:

Kaos

I have to say I don't find the not training or playing a bit off putting.
No I don’t at all. If anything it’s refreshing seeing a player so desperate to play for us despite us being shite.

Contrast that to the De Jong shitshow of a saga where the guy clearly has no intention of joining us.

DavelinaJolie

No I don’t at all. If anything it’s refreshing seeing a player so desperate to play for us despite us being shite.

Contrast that to the De Jong shitshow of a saga where the guy clearly has no intention of joining us.
Huh. I meant to say I do find it off-putting.

I would t say it's a passion to play for Utd, but a passion to play in the PL. But I don't find it hugely positive a sign in the event things don't go as he planned, if he joins.

Kaos

Huh. I meant to say I do find it off-putting.

I would t say it's a passion to play for Utd, but a passion to play in the PL. But I don't find it hugely positive a sign in the event things don't go as he planned, if he joins.
Oh, it read to me like you were all for it :lol:

And yes you could call it objectively unprofessional, but its a nice consolation for us considering we've been acting like the ugly duckling no one wants with our other targets.

DavelinaJolie

Oh, it read to me like you were all for it :lol:

And yes you could call it objectively unprofessional, but its a nice consolation for us considering we've been acting like the ugly duckling no one wants with our other targets.
You were right, I mistyped my original message, seems to happen a lot.

I wouldn't be averse to bringing Antony in, as he seems a good player who would give us more technical ability across from Sancho, but I find it hard to square my distaste for his behaviour at the moment. The thing that makes it sellable to me is we have the manager he's has performed well under and once he's at a bigger branded club he might be content. The worry is what happens if Utd continue to be poor. But I guess at least then they'd have a sellable asset, not a 37 year old well past prime.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Some grown men acting like kids who are refused their toy :lol:

PASHUN of football fans I guess.

phelans shorts

Some grown men acting like kids who are refused their toy :lol:

PASHUN of football fans I guess.
This is quite bad yeah, it’s not quite the levels of rabid abuse Angel Di Maria always gets but it is getting close.

Anyway Ajax are in the right on this Antony situation and I don’t get the arrogance those saying otherwise possess.

IrishRedDevil

:lol:It's hard to tell who's serious and who's taking the piss in this thread.
Oh I’m serious. They have a player who is desperate to leave and they have had several top (excessive) offers for said player. They have refused and player is sad and on strike. Hope they get smashed due to missing Antony :D

I’m not an Ajax supporter so why should I care?

fallengt

:lol:I guess you were really 'grateful' too when Real Madrid paid a world record £80m to take Ronaldo off us.
I'd have been if club had replaced Ronaldo with Bale or Hazard, not Tony V.
When a player clearly want to leave, the clown show behind the scene isn't worth it.

TsuWave

But he desperately wants to leave them, they are holding him back and blocking his big move, and we are willing to overpay massively for him.

They should be grateful for us because we are the only club offering insane amount money for a player who no longer wants to play for them, and no other clubs are interested at anywhere near our offered price. I mean he could leave them for free in few years time, or for very low fee when he is on last year of his contract, that could easily turn into another Gravenberch situation (selling for cheap) or even Pogba situation (leaving for free) for them. And he could be toxic in their dressing room over coming season or so.

Plus in the past, we are always paying good money for their players too, unlike some other clubs who would take their players on last year of their contract on discount fee. As football club they have a great history and we respect that, but as seller club (as in recent 30 years) we are always treating them with utmost respect and always willing to giving them the best we could offer.

They are just fecking us around this time, going against the player's wish and their very own tradition of how they always run their club, acting like an ungrateful cnut and keep ignoring our insane offers, for a player they have absolutely zero chance of keeping in future anyway, who is currently going to media bitching them and going on strike.
Did you wake up with me in your head or something? You came back to reply to a post you had already replied to. That’s crazy.

Their position currently is that they don’t want to sell. Why should they be grateful a club wants to pay insane amounts for something they don’t want to sell? That makes no sense - Again, United is not entitled to a player just because they are willing to pay obscene amounts for him

“He could leave them for free in a few years” - He could do a lot of things, being persuaded to stay included.

Clubs don’t just exist to fulfil players’ wishes. Clubs have their own ambitions and they won’t always align with individual players’ wishes. That’s something players have to consider before signing lengthy contracts.

Anyway, this exchange has ran its course. It’s OK to want the player, but we don’t need to act like arrogant, entitled, dickheads about it and insult Ajax. They are a great and historic club. Lastly, they reserve the right to do what they want with their players.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'd have been if club had replaced Ronaldo with Bale or Hazard, not Tony V.
When a player clearly want to leave, the clown show behind the scene isn't worth it.
You know we sold Ronaldo in 2009 right?

Bale/Hazard would have been major punts as prospects. Not too dissimilar from Valencia/Obertan really.

We should have gotten both Robben/Sneijder from Real's interest. We botched that window badly.

croadyman

Bale/Hazard would have been major punts as prospects. Not too dissimilar from Valencia/Obertan really.

We should have gotten both Robben/Sneijder from Real's interest. We botched that window badly.
We have botched windows a lot since 2009, however it really started to fall apart way back in summer of 2005 when they arrived

Teja

Modric was hitting is prime by then and we could've gotten him but "no value in market" because he cost 30m or whatever.

croadyman

Modric was hitting is prime by then and we could've gotten him but "no value in market" because he cost 30m or whatever.
Yeah "no value in market" was where the decline really started and steadily rotted us for next 4 years well maybe RVP apart

Eddy_JukeZ

I mean I don't think Modric would have appeased fans much either. Hindsight's 20-20, but he wasn't that sought after in 2009 nor was he that great for Spurs at that point.

We needed an explosive winger and Robben was perfect. Had Prem experience and deemed expendable by a team who rolled out the carpet to get Ronaldo. Oddly enough, they should have kept Robben back then too. They probably win another CL beforehand.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think we'll sign him in the end.

Would be surprised if we walked away if reports are true that he's a priority signing.

MDFC Manager

Yeah "no value in market" was where the decline really started and steadily rotted us for next 4 years well maybe RVP apart
Yeah back then we actually had no money. Now we have the money but no brains on how to spend correctly

croadyman

I think we'll sign him in the end.

Would be surprised if we walked away if reports are true that he's a priority signing.
So was FDJ and look what happened there, still leaves us without a goalscorer though so why not go to Lyon for Dembele

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
People saying they find it refreshing he's gone on strike make me laugh.....

Say we get him and he is a genuine sensation and then Madrid come calling in 3/4 years and he then goes on strike to go there. Please make sure you don't change your mind on players going on strike.

I just don't think it's a good look at all.

croadyman

Say we get him and he is a genuine sensation and then Madrid come calling in 3/4 years and he then goes on strike to go there. Please make sure you don't change your mind on players going on strike.

Already accepted he would do it

fallengt

You know people' ve been wondering where did Ronaldo's money go to this day?
Club invested poorly after Ronaldo left. We signed Ashley Young for 18m, Kagawa for 17m and refused to pay Hazard's agent fee ffs.
David Gill was praised for dealing with Ronaldo' deal but he was as bad as everyone when it comes to modernize ManUnited.
Last Fergie's big signing was Robin Van Persie and that was because player chose us.

Widow

We wouldn't be so stupid to refuse an amazing offer if the player wanted to leave though, Ronaldo for example.

Eddy_JukeZ

You know people' ve been wondering where did Ronaldo's money go to this day?
Club invested poorly after Ronaldo left. We signed Ashley Young for 18m, Kagawa for 17m and refused to pay Hazard's agent fee ffs.
Clubs praised David Gill for dealing with Ronaldo deal but he was as bad as everyone when it comes to modernize ManUnited. Last Fergie's big signing was Robin Van Persie and that was because he chose us.
I agree Gill was terrible in the end.

We had so many poor transfers from 2009 to 2012(except for RVP). It killed us post-SAF.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Some people like myself think if a player wants to leave and a fair fee is offered they should be allowed to go. If he wants to feck off to Madrid in 4 years then let him - we’ll replace him and on we go. Keeping anyone who doesn’t want to be here is stupid.

croadyman

Some people like myself think if a player wants to leave and a fair fee is offered they should be allowed to go. If he wants to feck off to Madrid in 4 years then let him - we’ll replace him and on we go. Keeping anyone who doesn’t want to be here is stupid.
Yeah too right

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Maybe so but he's got a contract with them. He should honour that until it's up and he's left.

I don't like it when players do this. Some fans just so desperate to get him they don't care. If one of our own was doing that right now he'd be getting destroyed by our fans and you know it.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
That's fair enough, but expecting the selling club to be 'grateful' is plain silly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.