Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
football is a short career, if he’s being given a chance to double his wage and earn more money, why should he not be given that opportunity?

the whole reason transfers happen is because players want to better themselves whether financially or competitively.

United have given Ajax an offer which is more than fair compensation, so this is why he is angry.

I understand they need to find a replacement which is hopefully what they’re doing now, but to refuse this opportunity for him would be very unfair.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Maybe so but he's got a contract with them. He should honour that until it's up and he's left.

I don't like it when players do this. Some fans just so desperate to get him they don't care. If one of our own was doing that right now he'd be getting destroyed by our fans and you know it.
No other industry works like this so why should sports? If someone wants to go and you get a fair offer, and we’ve presented an outrageous offer, then you let them go. It’s good business.

glasgow 21

reality is we can't go a season with Elanga as first team regular starter. We are facing this if we don't buy. We also need a striker as Martial's fitness eb
People saying they find it refreshing he's gone on strike make me laugh.....

Say we get him and he is a genuine sensation and then Madrid come calling in 3/4 years and he then goes on strike to go there. Please make sure you don't change your mind on players going on strike.

I just don't think it's a good look at all.
So you are worried about him doing the same in 3/4 years time whilst we have players who are still here, not striking but walking around the pitch for years not putting a shift in. We seem to be offering Martial an improve contract to " protect asset" on what actual evidence?. Get Antony and been done with it. If they have money for martial, we have money for Antony.

goalscholes

I’m not sure going on strike will work. Ajax know that it’s a World Cup year, so even a pissed off Antony will want to play and perform well once the transfer window closes.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m not sure going on strike will work. Ajax know that it’s a World Cup year, so even a pissed off Antony will want to play and perform well once the transfer window closes.
It’s similar to Ronaldo, sort of — if both players are still at their club by the 2nd of September they’ll knuckle back down for the season in preparation for the WC. Until then, it’s either on strike (Antony) or half arsed whenever he is on the pitch (Ronaldo)

Loony BoB

I'm sure he'll return from strike once the window closes if he's still there but you bet your arse he and his agent will be working on a smear campaign for Ajax while that's going on. He's in the Brazil squad and may discourage future young Brazilians from playing there too. There's a lot he can do in four months. It won't be the end of the world for Ajax but it could cost them a million here, a million there in potential future earnings if an agent and a player are spreading bad news about a club. Negative PR is costly in difficult to measure ways.

worldinmotion66

If he's going on strike then he's a bellend. You can't enjoy the rewards of a juicy contract at a club then go on strike when an even bigger one comes along.

It's completely out of order. We want professionals, not entitled prima Donnas. You sign a contract, you honour it. And that goes both ways which is why I have no problem with what de Jong is doing, what Phil Jones is doing, or what players in the past like ozil and bogarde have done.

El-Manos

If he's going on strike then he's a bellend. You can't enjoy the rewards of a juicy contract at a club then go on strike when an even bigger one comes along.

It's completely out of order. We want professionals, not entitled prima Donnas. You sign a contract, you honour it. And that goes both ways which is why I have no problem with what de Jong is doing, what Phil Jones is doing, or what players in the past like ozil and bogarde have done.
I do honestly think on this occasion he genuinely wants to play in the premier league. I doubt it’s just about money

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Antony runs away through staff's backdoor, he's being seen as character from GTA, four stars of fugitive level, he needs to get to airport.

Shit, shit, shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.