Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stw2022

I've followed this guys career since early August. I confidently predict he'll be a top signing

AlexUTD

Yeah, he is having mare. Used to be good account to follow but with EtH, Martinez, Antony signing for us he has been very bitter.
I would be bitter too if a club signed United`s world class manager and my best defender and best attacking player. So i feel for them even if im happy to take them, kinda bittersweet feeling.

I still hate Real Madrid after they spoke about Ronaldo every chance they got and ran the narrative that he was a modern slave.Been bitter towards Ronaldo ever since also.

Yes i know i am a bitter cnut but i can`t force the way i feel.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Yeah if only people had Telegraaf subscription and understood Dutch to get all the news from Netherlands. Surprising isn't it, aggregator account has good following on twitter.
Ah I didn't realize that all the stuff being posted from his account about the goals and assists etc were from translated articles from reputable news sources.

I thought it was just some random nobody sharing his opinion.

That's my bad.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I would be bitter too if a club signed United`s world class manager and my best defender and best attacking player. So i feel for them even if im happy to take them, kinda bittersweet feeling.

I still hate Real Madrid after they spoke about Ronaldo every chance they got and ran the narrative that he was a modern slave.Been bitter towards Ronaldo ever since also.

Yes i know i am a bitter cnut but i can`t force the way i feel.
I agree, also new manager with half of the team left. Easy to see why they are upset.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ah I didn't realize that all the stuff being posted from his account about the goals and assists etc were from translated articles from reputable news sources.

I thought it was just some random nobody sharing his opinion.

That's my bad.
No one said the account posts only news from reputed papers. It's his personal account who posts news from reliable journalists and also translates interviews, his opinions and updates on live games.

Not sure if people are dumb or act dumb.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
The only way I can see him being the same as Maguire is if people start misspelling him name as "Anthony" as they sometimes do with "McGuire".

OverratedOpinion

Maguire has had 2 good seasons so far for us out of 3.
I would argue he has given us about 9 months of very good performances when you add it all up, a bunch of average performances and the worst full season of a a starting United centre back in the last 20 years.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No one said the account posts only news from reputed papers. It's his personal account who posts news from reliable journalists and also translates interviews, his opinions and updates on live games.

Fifty fifty.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I have a bad feeling about this transfer. I think he's talented, but he's nowhere near a sure bet. He could be the next Maguire.
So could most players we spend big money on.

But unlike nearly any other signing, this one comes with us knowing he fits the manager's style of play and knowing he's the sort of personality the manager wants. Two of the main risks with a transfer, non-issues.

Beyond that, the sell on value of Antony vs Maguire if they don't work out is rather different.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
It's his personal account who posts news from reliable journalists and also translates interviews, his opinions and updates on live games.
Well yeah so I don't really understand the outrage around his opinion when he says something that people don't agree with or the joy with his "Meltdown".

He's just some nobody forwarding on information.

Why bother with that when there are other sources with the same information?

Goldbridge does the same shtick and he's popular too but he wouldn't be somebody that I'd "Follow".

Surprising isn't it, aggregator account has good following on twitter.
I also didn't say it was surprising.

Different strokes for different folks, it's just not my sort of thing.

It's not that big a deal but I'm sorry if you feel that the "Bizarre" word was some sort of attack on you or anyone else who follows him.

From the posts over the past 10 or so pages he isn't someone who I would follow.

I was "acting dumb" in retort to your "acting dumb" with the reply to me about how it's surprising that a Twitter account has a good following.

Last edited:

Luka Mora

Question for anyone who has watched him for an extended period of time...does he track back? is he hard working?
Yes that's one of his qualities is his work rate and he does track back and has fire in his belly unlike Sancho who only puts in the work when the rest of the team are dominating.

I'm hoping signing Antony competing with Sancho will get the latter to improve his conditioning and start finding that dog in him to take the game by the scruff of the neck instead of being a fair-weather type player

Antony can be frustrating player to watch but no one can question his commitment

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
The matchday threads will be unbearable after he tries a rainbow flick, runs past the defender and leaves the ball behind. :(

largelyworried

While I think we need someone with his qualities, that is a shit tonne of money in the end. I guess we don’t have a lot of choice, since we’re at the end of the transfer window. Either we pay through the nose or go hunting in the bargain bin. But his stats don't justify that kind of fee whatsoever.

On paper he's nowhere near where Sancho was for Dortmund, and we've seen that those transfers can still take a fair of amount of time to settle. Everything I've seen of him makes me think he'll come good in the next couple of seasons, when we need a player who can help us right now. I just hope that the big move provokes him to go up a level, which sometimes happens.

Blood Mage

The fee is outrageous but our need for a natural right-sided attacker outweighs our need to be smarter in negotiations for now so feck it.

MUnchies

In a world where Spurs can spend 60 million on Richarlison as a back up striker, Chelsea signing Fofana and Gordon for 80 and 60 million respectively. He could cost 200 million and I wouldn't give two shits.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
So could most players we spend big money on.

But unlike nearly any other signing, this one comes with us knowing he fits the manager's style of play and knowing he's the sort of personality the manager wants. Two of the main risks with a transfer, non-issues.

Beyond that, the sell on value of Antony vs Maguire if they don't work out is rather different.
This guy scored 8 league goals in a piss weak league playing for the most dominant team to have ever graced the league.

Normally he'd be a punt signing (like Dan James). We're paying triple, because we don't care about the price tag and we don't have other targets.

I Am Zlatan

He posted a tweet not long ago, talking about Antony’s form since his injury, now he says this, I actually used to like this guy (he seemed fair and accurate), but little by little he’s starting to remind me of that cnut that kept being negative about United and Sancho when we tried to get him in 2020.

Godfather

feck off all of you spamming this thread with the price whining. Who cares. I'm all excited to have him here. Exciting times

GledTheRed

He posted a tweet not long ago, talking about Antony’s form since his injury, now he says this, I actually used to like this guy (he seemed fair and accurate), but little by little he’s starting to remind me of that cnut that kept being negative about United and Sancho when we tried to get him in 2020.
He's a salty cnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.