Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
feck off all of you spamming this thread with the price whining. Who cares. I'm all excited to have him here. Exciting times
100%

Time for Sadcafe to sort itself out and get some positivity going. We've just signed one of the most exciting players in football and people are crying about fecking money.

0le

Looking forward to watching the lad. His flair is exciting and we need players like that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Well yeah so I don't really understand the outrage around his opinion when he says something that people don't agree with or the joy with his "Meltdown".

He's just some nobody forwarding on information.

Why bother with that when there are other sources with the same information?

Goldbridge does the same shtick and he's popular too but he wouldn't be somebody that I'd "Follow".

I also didn't say it was surprising.

Different strokes for different folks, it's just not my sort of thing.

(I was "acting dumb" in retort to your "acting dumb" with your reply to me about how it's surprising that a Twitter account has a lot of followers.)
Outrage over something people don't agree with? Maybe you should read it better

Also I dont know how many accounts posts those news, especially the ones behind paywall. It's about convenience, better to get everything at one stop rather than following multiple accounts.

Its amazing people struggle so much to understand simple things.

Gazautd18

Happy for the guy.
Wanted to come and now he's got his wish.
The fact he forced the move and is teaming back up with EtH makes me think he could well go up another level.
It's a lot of money of course but it's not mine so I don't really care. :lol:

Jaonz

Screw here we go. My cock already out since Verweij's tweet. Cant wait for that little tiny foot dancing around the pitch :drool:

Bobski

It is a huge gamble for that money based on his production and recent attacking transfers from Holland. However, Utd have needed a RW for years, he is another aggressive dickhead who won't be intimidated and the manager trusts him so we will see.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
If we were to sell him.. Then for a shitload of money and to United!!

Awesome signing guys.. United will definitely enjoy him..

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If we were to sell him.. Then for a shitload of money and to United!!

Awesome signing guys.. United will definitely enjoy him..
Hope so, our fans tend to hate flair players so we will see. :lol:

Do you think he has what it takes to be productive in the prem?

adam118

He looks very exciting. His "lack of goals" seems to be mentioned however I just had a quick look at Ronaldinho's goals for PSG was 55A 17G and Antony's is 58A 18G at very similar ages. Not saying he will turn out to be anywhere near as good as Ronaldinho but it does show stats can be misleading and if we were signing Ronaldinho in this twitter age there would be similar people dismissing this transfer too.

He looks like he will offer us something totally different. A bit of flair, excitement and he is unpredictable. He may have frustrating moments for us as fans to watch but I think this player will be a big hit.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Hope so, our fans tend to hate flair players so we will see. :lol:

Do you think he has what it takes to be productive in the prem?
I do.. He has it all basically... Speed, dribbling, skills, he can come inside an score - he has a good shot - but he also has eye for the assis, his defensive work rate in coming back and in pressing is well up to par, he's shown at Ajax he is a big game player for sure..

Whether he will turn into a world beater or not, he has the X factor for sure and will definitely entertain, and I have confidence he will also deliver..

Challenge for him will be consistency, both within a game and within a series of games..

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Plus.. And this is a brilliant aspect of his personality... Fans from other clubs will utterly hate him.. :D

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
It is a huge gamble for that money based on his production and recent attacking transfers from Holland. However, Utd have needed a RW for years, he is another aggressive dickhead who won't be intimidated and the manager trusts him so we will see.
I think he will make a huge difference and within 1-2 years no one will ask about his price anymore

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Outrage over something people don't agree with? Maybe you should read it better

Also I dont know how many accounts posts those news, especially the ones behind paywall. It's about convenience, better to get everything at one stop rather than following multiple accounts.

Its amazing people struggle so much to understand simple things.
I edited my post before you replied.

I don't feel that I'm struggling to understand things.

You keep throwing round those lines about people "acting dumb" about things or "struggling to understand" etc but I do understand the attraction, it's not above my comprehension , I just don't share it.

In fact the first post I replied to was someone who didn't understand the attraction either.

I just don't have strong reactions to opinions from people that I have no good reason to respect.

Especially someone who posts contradictory opinions (which you have criticised him for too).

I'd rather read information from someone that I don't have to wade through a bunch of shit to pick up a nugget of information.

That seems pretty simple for me.

There's nothing more in it than that.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Him on the right, Sancho on the left.

I'm going to the Sociedad game. :D First trip to Old Trafford since 2011 - can't fecking wait!

mav_9me

My worry for this signing is not about him. I'm fairly confident EtH knows what to do with him. My bigger worry is his potential won't be unlocked without a good CM or a striker or both. We shall see.

Donut

He seems almost too cocky and confident not to succeed, but then again so was Memphis. Hopefully it goes better this time.

roonster09

Scout
I edited my post before you replied.

I don't feel that I'm struggling to understand things.

You keep throwing round those lines about people "acting dumb" about things or "struggling to understand" etc but I do understand the attraction, it's not above my comprehension , I just don't share it.

In fact the first post I replied to was someone who didn't understand the attraction either.

I just don't have strong reactions to opinions from people that I have no good reason to respect.

Especially someone who posts contradictory opinions (which you have criticised him for too).

I'd rather read information from someone that I don't have to wade through a bunch of shit to pick up a nugget of information.

That seems pretty simple for me.

There's nothing more in it than that.
So in short you don't care but still care enough to post about it on caf. Ok.

Drz

My worry for this signing is not about him. I'm fairly confident EtH knows what to do with him. My bigger worry is his potential won't be unlocked without a good CM or a striker or both. We shall see.
In that respect I was more worried about Sancho than this lad. But it's a fair point altogether, let's hope Casemiro gives our offensive players and midfielders (Eriksen and Bruno) more of a platform to be creative.

Adam-Utd

He seems almost too cocky and confident not to succeed, but then again so was Memphis. Hopefully it goes better this time.
Brazilians usually have the humbleness to go with their fun sides. Antony isn't a show pony, he runs his ass off but enjoys playing when he gets the ball.

roonster09

Scout
Brazilians usually have the humbleness to go with their fun sides. Antony isn't a show pony, he runs his ass off but enjoys playing when he gets the ball.
Going by his "performance vs teams" videos, he tracks back and works hard defensively.

Would be interesting to hear from Ajax fans.

Alemar

Antony isn't a show pony, he runs his ass off but enjoys playing when he gets the ball.
He must know for sure what ETH demands. Apparently he is willing to give his all for the manager and his play style

NoPace

He's 22 and plays what seems to me is one of the 4 toughest positions to find a starter at (RW, LCB, #9, #8 seem like the hardest to find genuine quality at because of the lack of left-footers, the demands on lone strikers and while there's lots of talented 10s and solid DMs around, there's very few Kroos or Xavi types you'd be excited to have next to or in front of a DM but still required to do a ton of work defensively).

So while the money is absurd for a player who isn't nailed on to be a quality starter, it's maybe not as crazy as it seems. Also we probably get 10-15M back for selling a young winger now like Amad or Pellistri.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
100mil is a huge amount of money but this lad is the embodiment of joga bonito. So excited to watch him light up Old Trafford! VAMOS!!!

dinostar77

Im wondering whether all this spending and projected spending before the window shuts is due to the fact that interest rates are going up and will continue to do so next year. So securing debt while its releatively cheap now is better than having to try to deal with more expensice debt next summer?

ThinkTank@Cafe

Frankly, I have no clue wether Antony is worth €100 M.

But I’m impressed by amount of pressure by ETH on the club to get him. He is literally beating money out of the Glazers.

I trust ETH eye for talent. buzzing to see the Brazilian on the pitch.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Funny how we had such a rough track record with Brazilians and just got one all timer and one with world class potential in the very same window.

Time to go south American.

Adam-Utd

Im wondering whether all this spending and projected spending before the window shuts is due to the fact that interest rates are going up and will continue to do so next year. So securing debt while its releatively cheap now is better than having to try to deal with more expensice debt next summer?
Well that and if we don't make top 4 we lose the adidas money + another year of CL revenue that literally pays for Antony by itself.

We always have a habit of doing this when we drop out of the top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.