Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

So €50-€60m then. Not too sure about the prices. You could literally wait a year and he’d cost what we believe he’s worth or less.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
So Ajax have no issue in letting players leave to Bayern and Dortmund but have an issue when it comes to us.

GazTheLegend

He feels like an exciting player, a Nani type player, where you're never sure what he's going to do. I think we've missed that, particularly in the last year
To be fair we have had that for the last 8 seasons with Lingard. Will he complete a 10 yard pass, or will it go out for a throw in? Will he attempt a dribble and get tackled, or will he shoot miles wide of the target? It's been a fun game like this with a lot of our attackers for the last few years to be fair.

Redcy

Wtf? Get Asensio in for 30m ffs, maybe Ziyech but anything over 40m for this lad would be stupid.
For that price I would walk and wouldn't touch Asensio or Ziyech, not that I think you could get him cheap. The problem being Leeds will also want around 55m raphinha. Lets hope there are other lesser options that can do a job.

Giggs' right foot

There's a £14 Million difference between 40 and 70 Million euros. I think it's negotiable.
There is? Are you saying that €30 million equals £14 million? Because as far as I can gather, it's around £25 million? Am I misunderstanding or just a moron?

jamesjimmybyrondean

They are basically telling clubs to feck off especially with Antony. I think because its Ajax people think this is negotiable but they've lost some key players and don't need money again at this point. They have no reason to sell

Redcy

Raphinha isnt worth 60m, gets caught too much, will get us murdered in possession.

bosskeano

SAF was always backed....we've slightly gone away from that as has been mentioned by every manager except Ole

it's time to fully back the manager in the transfer market with HIS targets

Hence "in that case".
Anthony shouldn't be close to Raphina money, hes completely unproven in the PL.
PL proven is no guarantee either just look at Maguire, AWB, Schindlerlin. That term is just one big myth imo

Idxomer

Gnabry could be an alternative for him, one year remaining on his contract and could play across the forward line.

Rolaholic

Leeds are quoting £65m (€75.5m) for Raphinha and have already rejected offers south of that amount from Barca and Arsenal so it's not like he's a cheaper alternative either.

We'd also be a turnover machine fielding an attack with him and Bruno

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
70-80m, below that Ajax doesn't want to sell at all.
Exactly the number I've been mentioning for a while now. Probably no one pays this, but that's exactly the idea. Ajax wants to keep him, but Ajax can't reject those kind of numbers.

Remember the geese

This De Jong transfer is really holding us back. You get the impression that we have put everything else on hold. Meanwhile, Ajax have basically shut up shop for the summer. Surely this should have all been co-ordinated more efficiently? I wonder who we will be scrambling around for now?

Kaushal

So they sell Haller to Dortmund for €31m, Gravenberch to bayern for €20m, I know last year still it’s ridiculously cheap but Antony is 70m and Martinez is 50m and Timber is non sellable. Basically they would sell to anyone but to us. Either we are shite at negotiations or everyone else is brilliant at it or maybe both are true.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
SAF was always backed....we've slightly gone away from that as has been mentioned by every manager except Ole

it's time to fully back the manager in the transfer market with HIS targets
Yeah I'm sure SAF wanted to replace the (then) best player in the world in Ronaldo with fecking Obertan and Mickeal Owen.

red_de_pologne

They are basically telling clubs to feck off especially with Antony. I think because its Ajax people think this is negotiable but they've lost some key players and don't need money again at this point. They have no reason to sell
we dithered until they sold half their team and are already done their selling for the summer, what a surprise

Rolaholic

So they sell Haller to Dortmund for €31m, Gravenberch to bayern for €20m, I know last year still it’s ridiculously cheap but Antony is 70m and Martinez is 50m and Timber is non sellable. Basically they would sell to anyone but to us. Either we are shite at negotiations or everyone else is brilliant at it or maybe both are true.
We already got their manager, I don't blame them if they don't want us to butcher their title winning squad on top of that.

On another note, you don't put a price tag on players you categorically don't want to sell...

The Berjwin talk also shows that they're already well aware of the possibility of losing someone like Antony and have made preparations for that.

SATA

My opinion is if they do not want to sell, they would have said those players are not for sale. Instead they put a price tag on their heads which means they are open to selling and certainly open for negotiations

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
PL proven is no guarantee either just look at Maguire, AWB, Schindlerlin. That term is just one big myth imo
Its more a guaruntee than what Antony will provide. Moreover, 2 of your names hadn't made a name for themselves in their respective positions quite like Raphina has.

bosskeano

We ended up spending 80m on Maguire though and 50m on AWB. We can't just buy players at any price, no club can.
let's add to that poor spending with the renewals of jones, mata, lingard...etc. we can't keep doing that either. The same guy who was reponsible for those decisions thank fuk is now gone.

you have to back the manager with the guys he feels fits what he wants but that is why guys like Murtough and Arnold get paid what they do for negotiating contracts and transfers.

mu4c_20le

70-80m euros for him is daylight robbery. Can we just have a transfer go right this summer without every club wanting to shaft us.
Seems all the prices are getting jacked after Richie's boozy night out

Status
Not open for further replies.