Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Not only is Antony not going to be able to justify £70m, I actually think it would actively put huge pressure on him and make him less likely to succeed. Good to hear Antony is seemingly prepared to try and force this through. Hopefully we can get it down to £40m. £50m is still too high frankly.
Think £55m is fair; however it needs a combination of us actually able to negotiate and him being willing to push for it

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I don't think they do. Their CEO is clearly fond of us, and Bayern's targets are all pretty much on the last year of their contract, whereas Antony still has years left on his and they don't want to sell. So their high fee is understandable.
I think they saw how we treated VDB and didn't want us ruining their players again.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Think £55m is fair; however it needs a combination of us actually able to negotiate and him being willing to push for it
Wouldn't pay him more than 40m to be honest. Potential is there but potential along don't cost that much, he isn't even one of top player in Dutch league.

Drainy

It's reasonable for Ajax to go hard at us in negotiations.

Let's be honest we can afford to buy half of their best players and have a manager who knows them. Best set a marker that they won't be giving them away cheap.

Mainoldo

Let's be honest we can afford to buy half of their best players and have a manager who knows them. Best set a marker that they won't be giving them away cheap.
Why? They sell everyone else cheap. Why didn’t they set that marker with Bayern?

Either way I think it’s just early negotiation tactics. If we believe we could get him for £40m we are so disrespectful we would offer less.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours

Its our fault we should have gone early for him,now they don't need the cash.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Its our fault we should have gone early for him,now they don't need the cash.
Antony has been valued at around €75m by Ajax before the season ended according to Dutch journalists. The price being put forth now is the same.

Nothing has changed regards price, but I think the player himself is wanting to leave, which the reliable Mike Verweij has also reported on a few times, saying the players reps are talking to other clubs.

I think we'll end up signing him and I hope we do because he's a exciting player to watch with even more growth potential.

Mainoldo

Antony has been valued at around €75m by Ajax before the season ended according to Dutch journalists. The price being put forth now is the same.

Nothing has changed regards price, but I think the player himself is wanting to leave, which the reliable Mike Verweij has also reported on a few times, saying the players reps are talking to other clubs.

I think we'll end up signing him and I hope we do because he's a exciting player to watch with even more growth potential.
I thought so… I was convinced nothing about his price had changed except for our reported fee we wanted to pay. But the sensationalism will continue.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours

But after selling so many players i highly doubt they are willing to sell more.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Seems to be the most likely Ajax to United deal this summer.

But they're going to absolutely rinse us. If Donny was £37m, Antony will command a much higher fee. And this is just the symptom of the problem left behind by Burnthroughcash FC.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
But after selling so many players i highly doubt they are willing to sell more.
They aren't willing to sell more players, which I can completely understand. But I think the player wants to leave with the noises coming out of Brazil, and previously from Mike Verweij about the players reps talking to other clubs .

And Romano is saying the same.

DiceRoller

Why? They sell everyone else cheap. Why didn’t they set that marker with Bayern?

Either way I think it’s just early negotiation tactics. If we believe we could get him for £40m we are so disrespectful we would offer less.
I can’t believe Bayern paid only £20m for Gravenberch. He’s quality. I can’t picture a time where we buy that level of player for that kind of price.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Rivaldo also thinks it'll help Antony with the national team if he's playing for United.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
So based on reports we didn't even made an offer so far. Bloody hell
We're not making offers for anybody other than De Jong. Once he's over the line, and we sell a couple of players, then we'll spend again apparently. Could easily see us sign only FdJ this summer. I'm actually wondering if we just don't have any money for anything else other than FdJ and it's all a ruse to keep fans happy till the season starts.

croadyman

We're not making offers for anybody other than De Jong. Once he's over the line, and we sell a couple of players, then we'll spend again apparently. Could easily see us sign only FdJ this summer. I'm actually wondering if we just don't have any money for anything else other than FdJ and it's all a ruse to keep fans happy till the season starts.
Who we selling then

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Rivaldo seems to have a soft spot for us. I remember him saying he regretted not joining us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So based on reports we didn't even made an offer so far. Bloody hell
We only ever make an offer once a deal is agreed. Stop hanging up on that word.

We haven't made a bid or offer for De Jong either, doesn't mean we aren't negotiating.

Clearly though if Ajax want 70m its not happening.

Godfather

We haven't made a bid or offer for De Jong either, doesn't mean we aren't negotiating.

Well then we better look for alternatives as our options on the wings are fecking shit

Bondi77

Just out of interest,
What do you think is taking place when they are negotiating?

Andersons Dietician

I suppose the terminology would be we have made proposals to Barca, but when they say yeah that one is good then an official bid will be submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.