Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax

Doesn't look like a player that wants to leave!
It gets even more damning for the DailyMail :lol: :lol: :lol:
Instead of missing training due to the transfer interest he showed up a week early to start training because he's eager to go again:lol:

SAF is the GOAT

What do you think about loaning Hakim Ziyech from Chelsea for a year and after that get Antony for lower price ?

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
We need a right winger badly cant allow my eyes to see that shit Elanga again on the right side doing just running and then losing the ball.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
What do you think about loaning Hakim Ziyech from Chelsea for a year and after that get Antony for lower price ?
im surprised the media haven't latched onto that one especially with Chelsea actively trying to move him on (AC Milan)

Dazzmondo

People won't want to hear it but the truth is that Ziyech at Ajax looked more impressive than Antony and he flopped big time at Chelsea. Worth bearing that in mind before assuming a player can easily transition from Eredivisie to PL just like that. Ziyech was probably Ajax's 3rd best player in that original ETH Ajax team after FDJ and De Ligt.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
People won't want to hear it but the truth is that Ziyech at Ajax looked more impressive than Antony and he flopped big time at Chelsea. Worth bearing that in mind before assuming a player can easily transition from Eredivisie to PL just like that. Ziyech was probably Ajax's 3rd best player in that original ETH Ajax team after FDJ and De Ligt.
Ziyech is a casualty of Chelsea changing formation shortly after him signing. Harsh to say he's been a flop

choccy77

United would be crazy to pay €80m which is what Ajax are alleged to have priced him at.

Also, if we are held to ransom by Barca, then we can't afford to pay that much

croadyman

United would be crazy to pay €80m which is what Ajax are alleged to have priced him at.

Also, if we are held to ransom by Barca, then we can't afford to pay that much
Yeah can see him staying and us having to make do or just finding a budget option

Ted Lasso

Was all about the transfer at €30-40m but we're now seeing double that quoted which is insane. That's what you pay for the finished article.

croadyman

Was all about the transfer at €30-40m but we're now seeing double that quoted which is insane. That's what you pay for the finished article.
Yeah can see us paying a max of £45m plus addons so Ajax need to be realistic with valuation

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah can see us paying a max of £45m plus addons so Ajax need to be realistic with valuation
Ajax don’t need to sell, though. This is like Sancho 2020 — Ajax have already sold players like Gravenberch and Haller to raise funds, they don’t physically need to sell anyone else. We either cough up at an inflated rate because of this, or Antony pushes extremely hard to make the deal go through — both of which are unlikely outcomes

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
£50-60m for his age and talent profile. I don’t think £40m was ever going to be right in this day and age.

AjaxNL

Ziyech was so much more impressive at Ajax than Antony has been so far. I think he (Ziyech) could do really well at United under Ten Hag btw.

For the prices quoted (60-80 millions Euro), United would be wise to look elsewhere. I fully understand Ajax in asking that sum, as we already sold more first teamers than we would have wanted, but Antony is not worth that much. To be honest, I don't think he is starting XI player for a top-6 team in the prem. His dribbling is impressive, but I doubt it would be as successful in the prem, but his strength and end product aren't all that.

Abraxas

For me this guy doesn't look to be worth anywhere near 60-80 million. He is pretty much a gamble as far as I can see. A guy that looks super talented in the Dutch league but needs a lot of moulding and needs to improve his output to be a regular for a top side. He's much more risky than say Sancho was (and even that hasn't worked out yet) and so the fee has to reflect that risk.

I can understand Ajax's position as they're not desperate to lose many in one summer. It's for us to work out quickly whether this is viable and if not look at other RW targets. There must be numerous out there.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Surely there are other left footed RWthat we could sign, don't see Dembele/Raphinha as possible.
There are different options but they are all gambles. Asensio and Pino could fit with the type of players ETH worked with. One is "free" the other has an 80m€ clause, maybe there is room to negotiate a lower price.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ziyech was so much more impressive at Ajax than Antony has been so far. I think he (Ziyech) could do really well at United under Ten Hag btw.

For the prices quoted (60-80 millions Euro), United would be wise to look elsewhere. I fully understand Ajax in asking that sum, as we already sold more first teamers than we would have wanted, but Antony is not worth that much. To be honest, I don't think he is starting XI player for a top-6 team in the prem. His dribbling is impressive, but I doubt it would be as successful in the prem, but his strength and end product aren't all that.
Ziyech was also about 4 years older and had been in the Dutch league for a good few years before his move to Ajax too. Ziyech also does and wants to do a lot of things that Fernandes does, just from a slightly more tucked in right hand side of the field.

Things need to be looked at in a wider picture with player profiles. A front 4 of Ronaldo, Sancho, Fernandes, and Ziyech would be exceptionally one paced.

EDIT: Plus he becomes an even larger redundancy if we do get our hands on Eriksen.

croadyman

There are different options but they are all gambles. Asensio and Pino could fit with the type of players ETH worked with. One is "free" the other has an 80m€ clause, maybe there is room to negotiate a lower price.
Wouldn't be averse to Asensio at all

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Wouldn't be averse to Asensio at all
He hasn't been good enough for Real Madrid but he could be a decent gamble and project for ETH, as long as he doesn't cost too much in wage and can be used as a squad player if he doesn't take the next step.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I like Pino's YT compilation so, yes, he should be back-up to Antony. Get on it, United !

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Even if we approach Antony last month, I highly doubt we could get him for any cheaper fees than what is mentioned now. Haller was sold for €36m, I expect Ajax's initial valuation of Antony last month would have been at least €70m. Antony is at least twice more talented than Haller. So either way, Antony would still cost a lot. Only way for us to sign Antony with reasonable price is if Antony put a transfer request which could bring down his price. I would consider €45m plus €15m adds on as reasonable price (same cost as Liverpool paid on Diaz).

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If we can't get Antony for €60m-€65m max or afford Antony this summer, may be try to get Ziyech on loan and then we come back to Antony again next summer??

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think we should send Donny back there in exchange if we get Eriksen.

FatTails

Not worth 80m, but then again I was thinking the same about Nunez and Liverpool ended up paying that and more

Status
Not open for further replies.