Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

He hasn't been good enough for Real Madrid but he could be a decent gamble and project for ETH, as long as he doesn't cost too much in wage and can be used as a squad player if he doesn't take the next step.
Yeah maybe a new club could revitalise him

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What exactly has he proved to be valued at 50-60 m ?
His club don’t want to sell but if they do it’s for a high price which has been widely reported. They know their €80m valuation is too high but €40m is also too low.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Do we even have alternatives to him? After Ajax slapped that feck off price on him you'd think we'd at least show interest in other RWs like Raphinha, Dembele, Ziyech but no interest at all. Which is confusing because those 3 are probably the best RWs available besides Antony and are all being target by other clubs. So if we waste too much time on Antony, we could miss out on the good alternatives

Andrew7582

He's not worth that money and Ajax don't want to sell so not much room for negotiation there, we should leave this one until next year.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Do we even have alternatives to him? After Ajax slapped that feck off price on him you'd think we'd at least show interest in other RWs like Raphinha, Dembele, Ziyech but no interest at all. Which is confusing because those 3 are probably the best RWs available besides Antony and are all being target by other clubs. So if we waste too much time on Antony, we could miss out on the good alternatives
Ye you’d think we’d leak some interest in other right wingers aswell just to try and make Ajax take the money and start negotiations with us. If Antony is indeed our first choice target then we’re going to go all in for him but there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be talking to 2nd and 3rd choice targets to see how much they could cost and then the club should be looking at the pros and cons of all 3.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
His club don’t want to sell but if they do it’s for a high price which has been widely reported. They know their €80m valuation is too high but €40m is also too low.
They don't want to sell and that's the only truth in that statement. How exactly did you come to a conclusion that 40m is too low ?

Womp

idiot
Funny thing is - you could argue the reason we are being priced out of Antony is because we've taken too long with FDJ. The one target at a time approach seems to be doing wonders for us, as always.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Funny thing is - you could argue the reason we are being priced out of Antony is because we've taken too long with FDJ. The one target at a time approach seems to be doing wonders for us, as always.
How do we know that we are being priced out of Antony if we didn't talk with his club?

dinostar77

If we were interested in dembele. Then id keep that quiet until FDJ was signed and then go for him (theoretically). As you dont want to piss Barcelona off when trying to get FDJ over the line.

Bojan Djordjic

Ye you’d think we’d leak some interest in other right wingers aswell just to try and make Ajax take the money and start negotiations with us. If Antony is indeed our first choice target then we’re going to go all in for him but there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be talking to 2nd and 3rd choice targets to see how much they could cost and then the club should be looking at the pros and cons of all 3.
That only really works though when the club wants to sell. Ajax will seemingly only sell if the offer is too good to refuse as is their right.

From our perspective, it's probably wise to look elsewhere even if its a stop gap as at that price it's quite difficult to justify the transfer. Anyone know if Chukweuze at Villareal is still performing well? They seem to be strapped for cash and he was supposed to be very good a couple of years ago.

sparx99

Mental that we may end up paying more for Antony than Liverpool did for Luis Diaz.

JJ12

They don't want to sell and that's the only truth in that statement. How exactly did you come to a conclusion that 40m is too low ?
Because he’s worth more given his age, talent and the fact Ajax don’t want to sell - simple really isn’t it?

What value do you put on him? And what’s your reasoning?

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah maybe a new club could revitalise him
Not quick enough. With Bruno and Ronaldo down the middle we need someone who can stretch teams and take fullbacks on. Ziyech will just muddle the middle with the other two who aren't speedy.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Because he’s worth more given his age, talent and the fact Ajax don’t want to sell - simple really isn’t it?

What value do you put on him? And what’s your reasoning?
Age and talent ? You just come up with random numbers without any reasoning and say 60m is a fair value(based on absolutely nothing )

My valuation ? I don't have any. I haven't seen the player apart from odd CL games with Ajax and I am not doing any guess like you did. I would just trust our scouting team.

JJ12

Age and talent ? You just come up with random numbers without any reasoning and say 60m is a fair value(based on absolutely nothing )

My valuation ? I don't have any. I haven't seen the player apart from odd CL games with Ajax and I am not doing any guess like you did. I would just trust our scouting team.
So you have no clue whatsoever and just argued for the sake of it. I certainly won’t be trusting our scouting department - I like to have my own opinion in any case.

Chairman Steve

I’m guessing this thread will be muppet mood swing central now that FDJ appears to be moving to the end? :p

sparx99

Why is it mental?
Because Luis Diaz looks like a £100m player while Antony had 8 goals and 4 assists in the Dutch league.

Don’t get me wrong I’d like Antony but we’d be wanting more goals and assists in a much harder league.

For comparison Diaz had 14 goals and 5 assists in half a season in Portugal.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
No point leaking interest in other targets when Ajax don't want to sell, which is the most likely situation here. I think this is a transfer for next summer. Can't see them letting him go this summer, even if he puts up a big fuss.

Tarrou

If you’ve heard all they’ve got to say
you looked but turned away
Walk away walk away

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Because Luis Diaz looks like a £100m player while Antony had 8 goals and 4 assists in the Dutch league.

Don’t get me wrong I’d like Antony but we’d be wanting more goals and assists in a much harder league.

:lol:

STYLOISRED

think that all top clubs in Europe have Timber in their sights,” ...
“If Antony were to go, it would be a loss for Ajax, because you have no one in the current selection who can take over his position. He is top class.”
- Ten Hag's words back in may.

I don't think we are signing Antony this window. I think we are signing him after the world cup but showing our interest now ahead of others Incase he goes up a level and other clubs enter the race in the next 6-12 months

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

:lol: :lol:

Nero

If people aren't self-loathing all things United, they are fawning over all things rivals. Diaz £100m player, jeez.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Diaz looks a £100m player after the fact though. And you are yet to see what Antony looks like at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.