Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just out of interest,
What do you think is taking place when they are negotiating?
official bids aren’t negotiating which is what I assume he means.

Journalists always tweet “‘no bid yet” and people lose their minds - we’ve never worked that way. Some clubs put in offers that get publicly rejected but we simply don’t do that unless it’s verbally agreed.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He should have a word with Timber
Van Gaal's already had a word with Timber according to reports, and being a regular for Ajax is only going to help his chances. I also think it's sensible for Timber to stay at Ajax for another season.

I think Antony at the age of 22 is now at the stage where he's looking to make the step up to a bigger league. I also think he'll be our starting RWF due to him being the natural fit for the role. For me Frenkie de Jong and Antony would represent a potentially excellent window.. And if ten Hag can sign a fullback to supplement the aforementioned two, then I feel we're going to start looking much better than we have been.

And we don't need to replace the outgoing players, because none of those players were important for us. When we signed Bruno Fernandes, he replaced Pogba in the team.

We need to add 3 to 5 players to the existing team below.

------------------------------- DdG----------
Dalot-----------Varane-----------Maguire------Shaw-
------------------McTominay----------Fred------------
---------Rashford------Bruno------Sancho
-----------------------Ronaldo-----------

We need to add 3 to 5 first team players to the above line up imo. We don't need to go crazy and attempt to replace players that had already become peripheral figures or in Pogba's case where he's already been replaced. So it's open for debate/discussion on who people want upgrading in the above line up, with the 3 to 5 players I think the club will sign.

Last edited:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Definitely has a cockiness about him - opposition players are going to love his “round the world” trick. Lingard with ability.

dinostar77

I like Antony but if we are prepared to splurged £60m+ on this one then why not Raphinha for a similar price?
Is it @Raees on here who creates the content for the pythagoras in boots channel? Maybe a big ask but a comparison video of anthony and raphinha could be a interesting watch.

Put Anthony below from his channel:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Does seem that Ajax have sold too many already and are keen to keep onto this guy. Has happened to us before. Was the same story with Fabiniho in 2017 when Monaco had already sold half their team.

I guess other clubs will have been sounding out targets at Ajax for months or even years. Maybe Ajax will accept a certain amount and maybe that will be more in line with what we’re willing to pay if this guy starting asking to leave etc.

Last edited:

croadyman

Does seem that Ajax have sold too many already and are keen to keep onto this guy. Has happened to us before. Was the same story with Fabiniho in 2017 when Monaco had already sold half their team.

I guess other clubs will have been sounding out targets at Ajax for months or even years. I get Ajax would accept a certain amount and maybe that will be more in line with what we’re willing to pay if this guy starting asking to leave etc.
Yeah like I say he needs to take action and bring that valuation down a bit

LoneStar

Doesn't look like a sensational talent, but he would be decent enough for 40M I suppose. Always good to see players with flair, it what makes football special.

croadyman

Doesn't look like a sensational talent, but he would be decent enough for 40M I suppose. Always good to see players with flair, it what makes football special.
Will take between our valuation £40m and theirs €70m to do a deal

Bondi77

official bids aren’t negotiating which is what I assume he means.

Journalists always tweet “‘no bid yet” and people lose their minds - we’ve never worked that way. Some clubs put in offers that get publicly rejected but we simply don’t do that unless it’s verbally agreed.
So what do you think is taking place when they are negotiating?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
What garbage, he wasn't at the first training, like 20 others players. So it's because of a possible transfer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good to hear that. I'm always wary of players that kick up a fuss.

Ajax are a good club and aren't at all intransigent/unreasonable (e.g. like a Daniel Levy can be). They don't deserve it. Be careful what you wish for... don't complain if you are at the receiving end tomorrow.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Is it @Raees on here who creates the content for the pythagoras in boots channel? Maybe a big ask but a comparison video of anthony and raphinha could be a interesting watch.

Put Anthony below from his channel:
Hey I already did a Raphinha video.

Raphinha has a superior bottom level and is prem proven, better physically but less football brain and Antony higher ceiling but also a potential flop if fails to push on physically.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Good to hear that. I'm always wary of players that kick up a fuss.

Ajax are a good club and aren't at all intransigent/unreasonable (e.g. like a Daniel Levy can be). They don't deserve it. Be careful what you wish for... don't complain if you are at the receiving end tomorrow.
Yeah that article is utter trash. The only starting XI player on the training was Stekelenburg

dinostar77

Raphinha has a superior bottom level and is prem proven, better physically but less football brain and Antony higher ceiling but also a potential flop if fails to push on physically.

I have no idea how i missed that video will watch thanks.

Teja

How about a sample from the same match ? :D
Raphinha heroball is great to watch, he does look better than Antony in that vid. Those line breaking passes were fantastic and I'm not convinced there's that much in it when you compare dribbling ability.

Raphinha and Bissouma are two players that I really like in the PL. Both seem to be going to our rivals. Oh well :(

Kaushal

Raphina comes across as the better player here.
Raphinha is more direct and more careless with possession. Antony is less direct and more measured. Decision making both aren’t great. Speed wise both are almost similar. Both are skilful but Antony has more variety of skills. Raphinha is more physical and more dogged and because of that is more of a direct threat. He keeps coming at you. Both are frustrating at times, Raphinha more so, when he is bad he is really bad but is more of a match winner. However, Antony has age on his side. He isn’t the finished product like Raphinha and is still developing. So, with everything taken into account, it’s Antony for me.

Ralph1386

Can't see the club using those tactics either given the good relationship we maintain with VDS and Ajax

As low as things are right now, we shouldn't try to approach scum territory ala Barcelona
Yes I was going to post that if Antony forces a transfer it will damage our relationship with Ajax.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Yes I was going to post that if Antony forces a transfer it will damage our relationship with Ajax.
No it wouldn't, as long as we pay the fee they want. I am very sure VDS will know we srent the one's encouraging him to go on strike.

Redcy

Raphinha heroball is great to watch, he does look better than Antony in that vid. Those line breaking passes were fantastic and I'm not convinced there's that much in it when you compare dribbling ability.

Raphinha and Bissouma are two players that I really like in the PL. Both seem to be going to our rivals. Oh well :(
Raphinha looks better because of hero ball and that he is the main creator for Leeds, his job is to do that.

Antony doesn’t have the same job at all, his job is to go at teams and create space by bringing people towards him. This is where he excels and his stats show that in keeping, holding up and regaining possession he is Miles ahead of raphinha.

raphinha has better forward progression.

Leeds want 64m euros paid all upfront, I suspect if we offered that to Ajax they would take it immediately

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

Good video, thanks ! Him happy to pass it more often than not is a great attribute. Would love to have the dribbles stats for Saka to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.