Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I guess that's him saying the club to is willing to back the manager to the max possible.
Yes, 200 millions quoted is estimation, same as supposed prices for Antony & Frenkie.

Not so long Antony was reported expressing his will to reunite with Ten Hag. His price could become easily negotiable if he wants that move.

Trex

Yes, 200 millions quoted is estimation, same as supposed prices for Antony & Frenkie.

Not so long Antony was reported expressing his will to reunite with Ten Hag. His price could become easily negotiable if he wants that move.
Agreed.

mikeyt

Antony and FDJ would make this a very good summer. Would leave us a few positions still to upgrade (RB, DM, GK, ST) over the next year or two but what a summer it would be. It might also mean the likes of Elanga who is nowhere near good enough can be moved on for a decent fee while Amad and Pellistri hopefully get good loans.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hopefully, saves us £60m. Going from Mane and Salah to Nunez and Antony for £140m is one hell of a downgrade.
Salah just signed a new contract and is staying.

Liverpool signing Antony makes no sense.

Adam-Utd

And it is one too much imo. We don’t need Antony never mind for the quoted prize. We should have other priorities like CM and striker.
There is no top class strikers around right now.

Midfield we have Eriksen and maybe FDJ already. We only have 2 midfield slots!

Outside of Sancho our winger depth is awful. Amad and Elanga won't win us a trophy.

Kostov

There is no top class strikers around right now.

Midfield we have Eriksen and maybe FDJ already. We only have 2 midfield slots!

Outside of Sancho our winger depth is awful. Amad and Elanga won't win us a trophy.
And having no top class striker around should take us to buying Antony who scored 12 goals in the Dutch league for 70m+?

In midfield we have Fred and McT starting, Eriksen has been a CAM his whole career and certainly not a CDM. De Jong is not here either.

Outside Martial we have Ronaldo who wants to leave.

Aeryis

please enlighten us and tell us where or who else?
Martinez only one from Ajax out of the 3 that came in so far

Moussa Diaby.

1. Quoted at around the same price range.

2. Is actually super quick, a pace whore.

3. Actually produces goals and assists in a stronger league, unlike our 70m euro man An "can't even score 10 goals in eredivisie" Tony.

Adam-Utd

And having no top class striker around should take us to buying Antony who scored 12 goals in the Dutch league for 70m+?

In midfield we have Fred and McT starting, Eriksen has been a CAM his whole career and certainly not a CDM. De Jong is not here either.

Outside Martial we have Ronaldo who wants to leave.
Nobody says we shouldn't look for a striker, but who should we sign that is a better fit than Martial right now?

I'd love to see some names

bosskeano

Why? It's not like he's a massive goal threat. With Sancho, Bruno, Eriksen and even VDB we have creativity, it's someone to get on the end of things we're lacking without Ronaldo
for a couple reasons....

we only have 4 forwards.....rashford, martial, sancho, ronaldo. 2 of those 3 have been off the boil for over a year, 1 is just starting to settle and find form, and the other is 37 and may leave.
I'm not sure i'd call those guys creative but nonetheless, Antony is very creative and more importantly he's very good in 1v1 situations, provides depth along with starting matches and he's left footed who likes playing on the right.

Kostov

Nobody says we shouldn't look for a striker, but who should we sign that is a better fit than Martial right now?

I'd love to see some names
Again what would signing Antony serve to our problems at striker and midfield? For the price quoted also?

There are potential striker targets out there, Isak, Osimhen, Eketike(was another), Gouri, Belloti might serve some purpose, Jonathan David, Scamacca, De Katelaere and I am sure there are others. Some are just potential but it would be a better investment than another 70m RW when we have Sancho.

peridigm

This is a tough one to gauge. Are we only going to bid once we know what Ronaldo's status is? Is the FDJ saga playing a part in whether we go for Antony from a financial perspective? Are we just waiting so Ajax don't feel like we're ransacking their club by taking their manager, two coaches, and two players?

pacifictheme

Someone said he's like nani and I have wanted him ever since.

Hope we get him and Ronaldo is resigned to the bench / sold. Thi k we need to move on (already) from his comeback.

Adam-Utd

Again what would signing Antony serve to our problems at striker and midfield? For the price quoted also?

There are potential striker targets out there, Isak, Osimhen, Eketike(was another), Gouri, Belloti might serve some purpose, Jonathan David, Scamacca, De Katelaere and I am sure there are others. Some are just potential but it would be a better investment than another 70m RW when we have Sancho.
we quite simply need both. If Antony is able to be acquired now while we study another striker then so be it.

rbnZz

I still don't understand if we buy Antony. He's such a hype. In the important matches you barely see him. His statistics are also not decent.

Eredivisie: 23 games, 8 goals and 4 assists.

He was ok in 2 CL games. Sporting & Dortmund away. The remaining matches he was not good.

Are we seriously going to pay £60m for him? Look for example at the statistics of Tadic: 34 games, 13 goals and 19 assists.

I got the feeling we will make the same mistake as we did often with certain hyped players. We overpay huge and we don't have budget for other players anymore.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This is a tough one to gauge. Are we only going to bid once we know what Ronaldo's status is ?
Club's perception imo is Mason Greenwood's criminal case pending and in the same time Antony fitting criteria to create similar option Ole had in Greenwood attacking from the right and It also worked for ETH in Ajax with Anto.
Is the FDJ saga playing a part in whether we go for Antony from a financial perspective? Are we just waiting so Ajax don't feel like we're ransacking their club by taking their manager, two coaches, and two players ?
Two seperate deals, mate. FDJ just wants to be paid and Antony is needed in full fitness to get medicals after injury. He expressed a month ago a move to Ten Hag's new project being a step forward.

We'll know soon enough anyway. M. Reddy from Sky is quite sure on Ten Hag hunting one offensive player. Judging from Ousmane Dembele just signed a new contract with Barca, Dybala going to Roma and Gnabry staying in Munich there's just not that many logical options left.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Moussa Diaby.

3. Actually produces goals and assists in a stronger league, unlike our 70m euro man An "can't even score 10 goals in eredivisie" Tony.
So he is the one to contact for a quicky?

davidmichael

Would leave us with no centre forward? Martial doesn’t even come into my thoughts, he’ll down tools and trot around like a petulant child the second things start to go T up.
Reality is mate that’s exactly what Ronaldo does too whilst being even more static than Martial and costing us at least double the wages, both strikers that we have are brats when not getting what they want and in an ideal world we’d be shot of both but won’t happen this summer so based on pre season I’d start Martial over Ronaldo.

peridigm

Club's perception imo is Mason Greenwood's criminal case pending and in the same time Antony fitting criteria to create similar option Ole had in Greenwood attacking from the right and It also worked for ETH in Ajax with Anto.

Two seperate deals, mate. FDJ just wants to be paid and Antony is needed in full fitness to get medicals after injury. He expressed a month ago a move to Ten Hag's new project being a step forward.

We'll know soon enough anyway. M. Reddy from Sky is quite sure on Ten Hag hunting one offensive player. Judging from Ousmane Dembele just signed a new contract with Barca, Dybala going to Roma and Gnabry staying in Munich there's just not that many logical options left.
I don't think Greenwood is going to factor into our plans regardless of the outcome of his pending case. The club should and will most likely want to terminate his contact for PR reasons alone.

I realize the deals are separate but I'm sure we do have a budget and we've not really sold anyone apart from Perreira.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Moussa Diaby.

He had never played in the Dutch league...next

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I don't think Greenwood is going to factor into our plans regardless of the outcome of his pending case. The club should and will most likely want to terminate his contact for PR reasons alone.

I realize the deals are separate but I'm sure we do have a budget and we've not really sold anyone apart from Perreira.
Sure budget is important to be kept in reasonable amounts, can't deny that, but there's also other issue...

Rashford - Martial - Sancho trio looking good so far, but we'll need at least two additional quality players to provide cover in case of stamina depletion (Ronaldo), possible form issues (Rashford / Martial) and injuries (can happen to any of them).

Greenwood & Cavani leaving did create a hole in formation as they were both goalscoring attackers. We just gonna have to negotiate Antony price to realistic amount, can't see other way and possibly use the fact that player will like to reunite with ETH to have any kind of leverage.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I'm not sure this one will happen if I'm being honest. I think Ajax have probably priced him out of a move.

peridigm

Sure budget is important to be kept in reasonable amounts, can't deny that, but there's also other issue...

Rashford - Martial - Sancho trio looking good so far, but we'll need at least two additional quality players to provide cover in case of stamina depletion (Ronaldo), possible form issues (Rashford / Martial) and injuries (can happen to any of them).

Greenwood & Cavani leaving did create a hole in formation as they were both goalscoring attackers. We just gonna have to negotiate Antony price to realistic amount, can't see other way and possibly use the fact that player will like to reunite with ETH to have any kind of leverage.
Not denying we can't use him as he's experienced. We do have Elanga and Garnacho if ETH deems him ready.

So, we could end up with Rashford, Sancho, Martial, Ronaldo, Elanga, Garnacho if ready or...

Rashford, Sancho, Martial, Elanga, Antony, and maybe Garnacho.

Its looking more likely each day that Ronaldo won't be here. I can't believe I'm including Martial as I'm one that thought we should have sold him two seasons ago but you can't write off his preseason. Hopefully he builds on it. Either way, I think we're better off with a younger bunch of forwards including Antony but without Ronaldo than we are with any combination including Ronaldo. It also fits ETH's style.

Speako

Reality is mate that’s exactly what Ronaldo does too whilst being even more static than Martial and costing us at least double the wages, both strikers that we have are brats when not getting what they want and in an ideal world we’d be shot of both but won’t happen this summer so based on pre season I’d start Martial over Ronaldo.
Yes fair point mate. I guess I’d rather us be spending the type of money being quoted for Antony, on and out and out 9 if possible. Of course who is the million dollar question!

Status
Not open for further replies.