Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trex

In terms of depth we're in line with our rivals?

Nunez, Salah, Diaz, Jota, Firmino
Haaland, Mahrez, Grealish, Foden, Alvarez
Havertz, Sterling, Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner
Kane, Son, Richarlison, Kulusevski
Ronaldo, Rashford, Sancho, Martial
Liverpool got Cavarlho, so Liverpool, Chelsea and City have 5 options each.

angak

I think Sancho will be play roaming winger but mainly operating from right. If Anthony joins he will be right striker.
This makes no sense.

ETH loves inverted forwards. His preference is that they cut inside allowing the full backs to make overlapping runs. This means in a ETH system Sancho's best position is on the left as it allows him to cut inside on his preferred right foot. Antony would be perfect on the right cutting inside on his left.

Kostov

In terms of depth we're in line with our rivals?

Nunez, Salah, Diaz, Jota, Firmino
Haaland, Mahrez, Grealish, Foden, Alvarez
Havertz, Sterling, Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner
Kane, Son, Richarlison, Kulusevski
Ronaldo, Rashford, Sancho, Martial
yeah we definitely need to recruit in this area, it looks very weak on paper especially if Ronaldo goes

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Liverpool got Cavarlho, so Liverpool, Chelsea and City have 5 options each.
Well we've got Elanga, Pellistri, Amad and Garnacho if we want to include literally everyone. I'm purposely not naming you know who as well

charlenefan

yeah we definitely need to recruit in this area, it looks very weak on paper especially if Ronaldo goes
If Ronaldo goes then yes we don't have enough if he stays though while we clearly don't have that absolute mega WC attacker like Salah, Haaland, Kane/Son the actual number of players is good

Trex

Well we've got Elanga, Pellistri, Amad and Garnacho if we want to include literally everyone. I'm purposely not naming you know who as well
Cavarlho is ahead of all those guys in terms of his current level though, he'll be a more viable option for them.
And you know who is done here most definitely.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
With stories circulating again on this potential transfer I would suspect that the club is begining to feel de Jong is unlikely and that Antony will be the big signing.

Blood Mage

Elanga and Pellistri aren't good enough, Amad and Garnacho aren't ready and both need loans.

allesreiniger

Supports
ajax
I dont get the hardball from Ajax regarding United. They act as if we have raided their entire club, when in reality, we just bought ONE player, and that too most would say in a overpriced fee.

Bayern seem to have raided Ajax more, but they dont seem to mind. Weird that they will bend over for other clubs, but suddenly find a spine when its comes to United.
why is it seen as hardballing Man Utd by Ajax? Martinez, Antony, Tadic, Blind etc. They are key players in our squad. Like what about a request for fernandes. Wouldn’t ManUask for the big bucks? Has nothing to do with raiding, but merely not wanting to be plundered. Key players cost key money. Regardless if it is United or Reading.

davidmichael

Well luckily we’ve got every position to offer you bar midfield so take your pick from AWB, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Jones, Telles, Diallo, Pellestri and Chong or feel free to take a few of them and lower the money side of things.

If we could Antony for under €60 million which I think works out at about £50 million whilst offloading Ronaldo and a few others like the ones I’ve said above and it doesn’t eat into the potential De Jong deal then full steam ahead in my opinion.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Seem like we actually have a 200m budget.
Not really. FDJ, Eriksen, Malacia and Martinez is around 130m which was the rumoured budget. Whatever we can cobble together for Telles, Williams, Axel, Jones, Pereira, Chong, Bailly and possibly Laird can equal an Antony. That leaves a RB if we can sell AWB and a striker if martial/Ronaldo leave. The strategy has been pretty obvious all summer.

Trex

Not really. FDJ, Eriksen, Malacia and Martinez is around 130m which was the rumoured budget. Whatever we can cobble together for Telles, Williams, Axel, Jones, Pereira, Chong, Bailly and possibly Laird can equal an Antony. That leaves a RB if we can sell AWB and a striker if martial/Ronaldo leave. The strategy has been pretty obvious all summer.
United don't do net spend, we don't of load before adding when we are serious about that.
No guarantees we'll be able to shift all this players out.
If we're going for him it will be irrespective of departures.

charlenefan

Cavarlho is ahead of all those guys in terms of his current level though, he'll be a more viable option for them.
And you know who is done here most definitely.
Is he though? Elanga's got a season of PL and UCL football behind him. Carvalho has a season of Championship football behind him

Either way debating which 5th or 6th choice attacker is better is a pointless debate to have

Mickeza

still gets no respect
United don't do net spend, we don't of load before adding when we are serious about that.
No guarantees we'll be able to shift all this players out.
If we're going for him it will be irrespective of departures.
I’ve read this comment 5 times and I have no idea what it means. We will have a budget of what we can spend on wages/transfers per year just like every single club in existence. Wages saved/transfer fees received for players impact that budget.

Trex

Is he though? Elanga's got a season of PL and UCL football behind him. Carvalho has a season of Championship football behind him

Either way debating which 5th or 6th choice attacker is better is a pointless debate to have
Carvarlho has previous experience in the EPL though I can remember him scoring a goal against us were he out muscled Lindelof.

Trex

I’ve read this comment 5 times and I have no idea what it means. We will have a budget of what we can spend on wages/transfers per year just like every single club in existence. Wages saved/transfer fees received for players impact that budget.
I mean we don't go into a transfer window considering sales before adding, I can't remember us ever doing that.

Tony247

This makes no sense.

ETH loves inverted forwards. His preference is that they cut inside allowing the full backs to make overlapping runs. This means in a ETH system Sancho's best position is on the left as it allows him to cut inside on his preferred right foot. Antony would be perfect on the right cutting inside on his left.
All 3 games he played sancho on right but licensed to roam.

nainaisson

With stories circulating again on this potential transfer I would suspect that the club is begining to feel de Jong is unlikely and that Antony will be the big signing.
If you believe Marcel van der Kraan, that Dutch journalist who gets interviewed a lot and seems to be acting as a mouthpiece for Ajax and formerly Ten Hag, Antony and Timber were targets as soon as Ten Hag became manager.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
I mean we don't go into a transfer window considering sales before adding, I can't remember us ever doing that.
We spent 150m on Maguire, AWB and Dan James in Ole’s first window and added Bruno in the January window - you don’t think getting a good fee for Lukaku and Sanchez off the books paid a part in that 200m plus spend?

KiD MoYeS

If you believe Marcel van der Kraan, that Dutch journalist who gets interviewed a lot and seems to be acting as a mouthpiece for Ajax and formerly Ten Hag, Antony and Timber were targets as soon as Ten Hag became manager.
Yep, and interest cooled when it was revealed Ajax wanted €80m. We know Ajax will hold out for big money, they have with Martinez, and so I suspect that the club may begin to shift focus back to Antony with the de Jong transfer appearing to be less likely by the day.

charlenefan

Carvarlho has previous experience in the EPL though I can remember him scoring a goal against us were he out muscled Lindelof.
Yes he played 4 times the season Fulham got relegated

Elanga also got PL minutes that season and scored on the final day away to Wolves

Carvalho didn't score against us in either game v Fulham either

If Ronaldo goes then yes we don't have enough if he stays though while we clearly don't have that absolute mega WC attacker like Salah, Haaland, Kane/Son the actual number of players is good
thats true, I don’t think I trust rashford and martial to be consistent for the whole season either.

Speako

Well luckily we’ve got every position to offer you bar midfield so take your pick from AWB, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Jones, Telles, Diallo, Pellestri and Chong or feel free to take a few of them and lower the money side of things.

If we could Antony for under €60 million which I think works out at about £50 million whilst offloading Ronaldo and a few others like the ones I’ve said above and it doesn’t eat into the potential De Jong deal then full steam ahead in my opinion.
Would leave us with no centre forward? Martial doesn’t even come into my thoughts, he’ll down tools and trot around like a petulant child the second things start to go T up.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
There's no proof Arnold said that though, its just the muppets who claimed so. Or was there?
"Money is not a consideration in who we want. It is if the manager wants him and if he has done his homework on the player. It is £100million or £200million? Do you want me buying the players? Does that not ring a bell?"

About 4:49, but to be honest the whole vid is just interesting piece to watch in one go. Thing to notice for me is Arnold looking quite relaxed for someone speaking openly about Murtough, investments and De Jong.

Trex

We spent 150m on Maguire, AWB and Dan James in Ole’s first window and added Bruno in the January window - you don’t think getting a good fee for Lukaku and Sanchez off the books paid a part in that 200m plus spend?
Bruno was more like the next summer spend brought in early, hence we didn't spend big the next summer?

KiD MoYeS

Why do people keep saying we need Antony if Ronaldo goes? They play different positions/roles. Like saying we needed Malacia because Pogba left.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Bruno was more like the next summer spend brought in early, hence we didn't spend big the next summer?
I’d argue COVID and Dortmund wanting 110m for our priority target was the reason we didn’t spend big the next summer - though I think our net spend was still up there in comparison to everyone else? We were after Bruno the summer before but the price was higher - the money was there.

Trex

"Money is not a consideration in who we want. It is if the manager wants him and if he has done his homework on the player. It is £100million or £200million? Do you want me buying the players? Does that not ring a bell?"

About 4:49, but to be honest the whole vid is just interesting piece to watch in one go. Thing to notice for me is Arnold looking quite relaxed for someone speaking openly about Murtough, investments and De Jong.

I guess that's him saying the club to is willing to back the manager to the max possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.