Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Di Maria was shit as a winger for Real, hence he got shifted to the middle where he had one very good season.
He wasn't proper shit, was he? He just got tasked with a lot more defensive work in a superstar team of Ronaldo, Ozil, Benzema, etc IIRC.

Dancal

Supports
Footy
Richarlison €71m
Raphinha €65m
Antony €67m

The fee is exactly where it should be really when consider what Richarlison and Raphinha went for.

What do you think United should pay then? That would persuade Ajax to sell and in line with the above fees this summer?
The have vast pl experience and this gy does not. Massive step up

marktan

Whos going for 50m? Morgan Gibbs White? Its 2022. Not 2002.

Antony is not guaranteed to be successful. Nobody is. But he sure as shite looks like he has the potential to be one of the worlds best attackers in the future.
Morgan Gibbs white went for 25m.
Richarlison, Raphina went for close to 50m. Diaz went for 35m. There's value if you actually scout properly and not just overpay for the first player you come across. And paying 80m for a player that has potential but is nowhere near being a sure bet in the PL.. it's that sort of thinking that has had us spunk money on Sancho, DVB, AWB, Maguire etc.

Dancal

Supports
Footy
Yeah crazy if we sign him. Such a limited player, all he has is speed, dribbling, creativity, goal threat, great passing both short & long, good at crossing, pressing, good in the air, tracks back and played under Ten Hag.

Do not want.
In Holland yes. So did zyich but we will see in the Pl

mu4c_20le

As a winger he knocked out, for example, 5 goals and 14 assists for Madrid in the 11/12 league season. That's more assists than anyone got in the PL last season.

If that's shit then I wish our players were that sort of shit.
Not really impressive considering Madrid scored 121 goals in the league alone, and outscored by Jose Callejon

Mike1976

Supports
Ajax & United, in that order
I know. The other poster more or less claimed you can't sign good players for 50m anymore. My three examples show you can
If Antony had one year left on his contract left he'd be cheaper too. But instead he has three years left and so he isn't cheaper.

Jesus could see the writing on the wall with Haaland coming in. No way he'd want to be benched for months with the WC coming up.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Right. But maybe, just maybe, when your only striker options are unreliable and injured Martial and 37 year old Ronaldo who is desperately trying to leave - maybe you are not in the best position to negotiate? Esp when there are pretty much no other available top stikers willing to join a shitshow that just lost 4:0 to Brentford and to Brighton before that

We pay premium for being run by a bunch of morons and that's basically it. But as a fan - I couldnt care less how much we pay for somebody. I care EtH having good players so he can do something to get us out of this shit
Maybe just maybe when you’re spending 100m you aim for a more proven player? Especially as you said we’re struggling. So spunk that on a guy who’s unproven in the Prem and puts up at best good numbers is a pretty weak league?

What could go wrong?

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Morgan Gibbs white went for 25m.
Richarlison, Raphina went for close to 50m. Diaz went for 35m. There's value if you actually scout properly and not just overpay for the first player you come across. And paying 80m for a player that has potential but is nowhere near being a sure bet in the PL.. it's that sort of thinking that has had us spunk money on Sancho, DVB, AWB, Maguire etc.
Don’t say that, this is the same cafe that told us that AWB, Maguire and Sancho were the best we could do for those fees. Now it’s Antony. Then in 2 years time they’ll be arguing why he’s at best average and how we got rinsed for him. Then complain about a lack of investment.

Bloedrood

If Antony had one year left on his contract left he'd be cheaper too. But instead he has three years left and so he isn't cheaper.
In that case other clubs would have been in for him. He might not have been as willing to come. And instead of paying an exorbitant transfer fee, maybe higher wages would have been needed to convince him. It's the unfortunate situation the club is in. Clubs in better positions are getting the bargains. Even from Ajax. Gravenberch, only had 1 year on his contract, went to Bayern for 18 million euros. And Mazraoui they got on a free transfer.

rbnZz

Right cheeky cnuts they are
Because Ajax knows we don't have any recruitment departement for an alternative player. Gakpo I don't see as an alternative because he's for the left side. I still can not believe how it is possible that we don't have any professional recruitment department. We are waiting until Ten Hag comes with a player. What if Ten Hag gets fired? Malacia, Martinez and Eriksen will be sold by the next manager? Unbelievable.

croadyman

Because Ajax knows we don't have any recruitment departement for an alternative player. Gakpo I don't see as an alternative because he's for the left side. I still can not believe how it is possible that we don't have any professional recruitment department. We are waiting until Ten Hag comes with a player. What if Ten Hag gets fired? Malacia, Martinez and Eriksen will be sold by the next manager? Unbelievable.
What about Ziyech on loan

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Maybe just maybe when you’re spending 100m you aim for a more proven player? Especially as you said we’re struggling. So spunk that on a guy who’s unproven in the Prem and puts up at best good numbers is a pretty weak league?

What could go wrong?
Who do you know for 100M that is more proven, would actually move to United right now and is available + works for EtH?

EtH knows Antong very well and he knows he works for his system. That is big

rbnZz

What about Ziyech on loan
Is the same problem. Ziyech on loan will only happen because Ten Hag is the manager. But its better idea than spending € 100m for Antony in my opinion.

Because then we save a lot (!) of money and we can invest in other positions. For example: With Casemiro and Eriksen we need someone who runs his lungs out every game. That is in our squad only Van de Beek. He's a nice kid but is he is not good enough, get Ziyech on loan and buy a good midfielder instead. Also don't sign Gakpo, we have Sancho, Rashford, Elanga for the leftwing. And if we really need one more player, please give Garnacho the opportunity to play. Saves us also like € 50m.

saik

Next they are going to be saying they need 120m euros. Feck them. There is no excellent relationship between the clubs if they keep wanting to rinse us because we are desperate. The offer we made is perfectly reasonable and they already have a very good prospect in his position in Conceicao and use the money in case they want to buy someone else.

croadyman

Is the same problem. Ziyech on loan will only happen because Ten Hag is the manager. But its better idea than spending € 100m for Antony in my opinion.

Because then we save a lot (!) of money and we can invest in other positions. For example: With Casemiro and Eriksen we need someone who runs his lungs out every game. That is in our squad only Van de Beek. He's a nice kid but is he is not good enough, get Ziyech on loan and buy a good midfielder instead. Also don't sign Gakpo, we have Sancho, Rashford, Elanga for the leftwing. And if we really need one more player, please give Garnacho the opportunity to play. Saves us also like € 50m.
I would rather Ziyech and really test Barca's resolve with an improved offer, see if playing with Casemiro makes us any more attractive.

Kearnkoff69

100M is bonkers. We used to be great at identifying gems and under the radar young players with high ceilings, now we overpay for players year after year out of desperation.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
People making a big deal over the fee - City spent £100m on Grealish last year and he still isn’t even a regular starter for them.
Difference is they are run properly and make profits from transfers, our club is a shambles and regularly gets fleeced by transfers and contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.