Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Back in the squad

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Is it just me that thinks our players are being targeted by every mugget coming out of the depth of Hades.

She claimed her fake breast was busted, that sounds to me like a hideous lie.
This a windup or are you really this charming in real life too?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is it just me that thinks our players are being targeted by every mugget coming out of the depth of Hades.

She claimed her fake breast was busted, that sounds to me like a hideous lie.
Please @Mogget stop targeting our players. :(

Shark

@NotShark
If it talks like a duck, walks like a duck, it’s probably a duck. This guy must be the worst signing United has done ever considering performance, stats and behaviour of pitch contra all that money spent. It’s sad you don’t are allowed to return him with some kind of warranty.
Strictly talking about his showings on the pitch, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we were forced to depart with him and give somebody that can beat his man a chance on the RW.

Spark

Mutu was sued into oblivion by Chelsea for taking cocaine. Obviously much harder to establish facts in Anthony's case, but if he is found guilty I'd imagine the club would do just that.

Castia

is he going to be okay or is he "finished" like greenwood ?
There’s a tv interview with one of the alleged victims airing over the weekend it’s more thank likely going to be damning isn’t it. If/when he’s arrested will be the turning point

I mean Greenwood’s partner was never going to press charges but it seems these will do it could be worse

ElDiabloRojo

Inappropriate Behavior
Hopefully this investigation gets sorted quickly

Last edited:

RedorDead21

These kinda stories go some way to explaining a complete stagnation since he arrived. It’s hard for the manager to know a human being inside out regardless of time spent together. It’s happening too much at our club at the min and they need to be moved on quickly if only to show all players what’s on the line when these things emerge.

NickSantigo

There’s a tv interview with one of the alleged victims airing over the weekend it’s more thank likely going to be damning isn’t it. If/when he’s arrested will be the turning point

I mean Greenwood’s partner was never going to press charges but it seems these will do it could be worse
Would a TV interview not be the worst thing the victim could do? It would bias a potential jury so even if Antony got found guilty he'd appeal based on that alone.
Just a thought

Castia

Would a TV interview not be the worst thing the victim could do? It would bias a potential jury so even if Antony got found guilty he'd appeal based on that alone.
Just a thought
In the long run possibly but by the time we’re getting to jury verdicts the damage would have probably been done in this day and age

You know what it’s like the club and sponsors won’t want the bad publicity especially so soon after Greenwood

Hoof the ball

We should maintain caution in taking a strong position in this matter for now.

The Mendy situation could very well be an anomaly and not in any way normative, however, that an instance of collusion involving multiple parties happened in a case so similar to this, there is enough reason to let the process play out without taking a hard line on the matter. If there's even small percent chance of a repeat of the above, then we'd do well to say as little as possible. It's not about what is likeliest; it's about what is determined from rigorous and honest scrutiny of the evidence presented in a court of law.

If the Antony situation proves to have no common relationship to the Mendy one, and indeed he's proven to be a serial committer of that which the allegations assert that he is, then the relevant testimony will be upheld in court as evidence and the evidence found sufficient will condemn him, but, and I can't stress this enough; but, let the condemnation come from legal minds who will engage in their profession and not from X from Redcafe who prematurely will emotionally take positions on Antony both in support of him, or in condemnation of him.

We don't have anything other than public information and a gut feeling, whichever way you engage this issue, so, what's the point merry-go-rounding on a thread like this with countless points, counter-points and retorts.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
We are going to become a feeder club for Getafe aren't we. We sign a criminal for a large fee and then within 18 months Getafe get a great player and ignore anything bad that may or has happened .

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
We are going to become a feeder club for Getafe aren't we. We sign a criminal for a large fee and then within 18 months Getafe get a great player and ignore anything bad that may or has happened .
Criminals have a get-away car. We have a get-afe club.

wesleyan92

I hope this curse on our United is lifted in my lifetime. The last decade has been nothing but pain.

Wilt

Surprised he’s not yet been suspended by the club, given he’s under investigation by the Manchester police.

Maybe the club is hoping for some kind of miracle climb down by his three accusers? Surely Utd must realise this is going to drag on for the foreseeable future, they need to act.

lex talionis

The time for the club to act is now, not the day before the manager’s next media availability.

DickDastardly

He does look like a prick to be honest.

Kinda makes Erik look stupid. I mean, he did fecking train him for years didn't he?

I'm sure there are ways to recognize a potential molestor. Do they have psychological tests on their medical?

What this club needs is a profiler. We can't let this happen anymore.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Mutu was sued into oblivion by Chelsea for taking cocaine. Obviously much harder to establish facts in Anthony's case, but if he is found guilty I'd imagine the club would do just that.
That went on for years, appeal after appeal (all of which Chelsea won iirc) and Chelsea got feck all out of it in the end other than some massive legal bills.

calypso

Supports
nottingham forest
another woman has come forward. concerning antony
and its been alleged that the club. especially invited a. convicted paedophile. to a womens league match...I find it incredible if this particular story is true....Man Utd is such a big club. you think they'd be careful about things like that

astracrazy

Just a thought
I would have thought all the interviews already would have done that. If he is charged then the defence are going to have a field day, let alone if anything said in the interviews is exaggerated or wrong - such as the dates which were given for one assault when he wasn't even in the country.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

Kinda makes Erik look stupid. I mean, he did fecking train him for years didn't he?

I'm sure there are ways to recognize a potential molestor.
Do they have psychological tests on their medical?

:confused:

Dazzmondo

If it was just one accusation I could have seen us waiting until an arrest but now that there's 3, he should probably be suspended while this is ongoing. Unlikely that 3 different unconnected women would make similar allegations if he wasn't guilty.

fallengt

is he going to be okay or is he "finished" like greenwood ?
Legally, doubtedly so.
There no key witness other than private doctor whom could've reported it long ago but both side can't give legit reason why he didn't. So benefit of the doubt etc etc..

I'm sure there are ways to recognize a potential molestor. Do they have psychological tests on their medical?

Remember our Legendary number 11, RG?

NickSantigo

I would have thought all the interviews already would have done that. If he is charged then the defence are going to have a field day, let alone if anything said in the interviews is exaggerated or wrong - such as the dates which were given for one assault when he wasn't even in the country.
Wow didn't realise this

Case might be closer to an Amber Heard v Johnny Depp one so

astracrazy

If it was just one accusation I could have seen us waiting until an arrest but now that there's 3, he should probably be suspended while this is ongoing. Unlikely that 3 different unconnected women would make similar allegations if he wasn't guilty.
Is this fact?

Amsterdam Devil

Is it 3 already? I missed that.

Shark

@NotShark

I'm almost certain we can't literally read minds yet. Maybe Musk is working up to it.

Pav1878

Tired of posts criticising the club for not profiling player better.

Did you criticise Sir Alex for not profiling Giggs?

Did anyone criticise Pep for not profiling Mendy better?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
United have to deal with this quickly now.

He has to be suspended pending further developments.

The longer United hesitate to announce this, the more negative press etc.

Whether he's actually guilty of what he's accused of doesn't matter here: this is purely a matter of damage control.