Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

Please watch today's Ajax game and realize paying 80 million for this angry little cnut would be insane.
I watched the cup game against PSV, and he seemed nothing special. He's lightning quick but lacks end product, 80M for him is way too much. 50-60M tops and thats gambling on potential not actual ability.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I watched the cup game against PSV, and he seemed nothing special. He's lightning quick but lacks end product, 80M for him is way too much. 50-60M tops and thats gambling on potential not actual ability.
He's also a cnut, did I mention that??

Dannn411

Neto at Wolves is miles better than Antony. Good thing the club has walked away.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
This is why you don't blindly back a manager. A lesson we've still not learnt apparently, a signing I think we'd regret if we came close to their asking price.

Strootman's Finger

Leave him at Ajax for the season and go back next year. Their new manager looks shite and Antony's value is going to drop over this season as they play crap football and don't meet the standards in terms of results. They're going to pull another Neres, but it could be to our benefit.

SAFMUTD

If you like cheating and diving as long as it's for your team, the good way. Does waive all your rights to complain about dudes like Neymar or Suarez though.
An instant no from me, hate divers personally.

Irrational.

We get quoted world class prices for average players. Looking at some of the talent on display today that clubs have acquired for reasonable prices makes you realise that we are probably one of the clubs that gets taken to the cleaners more than most.

Either our scouting is shocking, or we simply don’t know when to turn our attention elsewhere when quoted bullshit prices.

NoPace

Neto at Wolves is miles better than Antony. Good thing the club has walked away.
He was quite good today. I watched all the games like an insane person and the best wingers I saw today were him, Kulusevski, Sterling and St. Maximin. I'm cheering for Rashford but at the moment you'd have to take any of those guys over him opposite Sancho on one wing or the other.

WPMUFC

Not a single development on this one after the Tier 1 Ajax journo updated the report on the new price. Dead and buried. We probably dropped our interest that day, if not before. So no need to consider ourselves "lucky", we just aren't THAT stupid.

Loony BoB

It's just a small highlight reel on his stories. Nice skills, but not really anything to do with transfers, if that's what you're wondering.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I remember a few years ago watching a young Antony whilst he was at Sao Paolo and was impressed. There's another kid I watched playing for Santos recently and again yesterday against Coritiba, where he came off the bench and made a impact. And that player is 17 year old Angelo Gabriel who is a left footed forward who looks like he can play across the forward line. Good pace and a very high technical level for his age. I think he's someone that we'll be hearing about in Europe soon. I'd love to see us sign him but not sure if he would get a visa.

Game winning assist below.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Antony is having fun again

A lot of fun

Last edited:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Just scored another wonderful typical Antony goal. Him and Raphinha are awesome to watch.

He'll be the closest thing to a Robben successor very soon.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Fecker just ripped my team a new one. Hopefully Sancho will be able to dribble past at least one player this season.

DevTheRed

We need confident players like him.. would be a good example for the rest of the team.

CM

Nice bit of play, but I can't help feeling it's a waste of time even looking at a player like him right now.

We need to put the foundations in place first. A keeper who can pass the ball and command his area, a midfield that can do anything right and a centre forward who can link play would be a start.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
We need confident players like him.. would be a good example for the rest of the team.
Yep, especially one who's confident to run at packed defenses. I know there's a big argument to be made that PL defenses would eat him up if he did that but at least take a chance. Right now we can't keep doing the same passing sideways, hope the oppos make an opening, and then pass it backwards...

SATA

He won’t be able to do that in the Premier league. Sancho would be having the same fun in the Dutch league but he’s been so so meek here

JuriM

He won’t be able to do that in the Premier league. Sancho would be having the same fun in the Dutch league but he’s been so so meek here
Dunno Hazard, Salah, Mahrez all have had plenty of their fun in Premier League.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Been doing this in the CL and for Brazil more than Sancho was to be fair.

But Antony should really not consider United for now if he's smart.

Member 125398

Anthony's clearly got a bit of snide about him, there's no way he'd be as easily intimidated as Sancho.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Many said the same about players like Bernardo Silva, Gundogan, David Silva, Salah and the list goes on. It seems that players only find a problem with these kind of things when they sign for Manchester United. They adapt to the league just fine when they sign for other clubs.

Muchibwa

Supports
Chelsea
In England would disappear after 5 mins like a rabbit, bullied physically
Why would he disappear after 5 minutes? Antony is a proven player , the problem you like to overhype English premier league. What will make Antony disappear after 5 minutes?

Reactions: Fortitude

Muchibwa

Supports
Chelsea
The earlier you stop comparing Sancho to Antony the better, it's pathetic to even think about it

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Sell rashford and bring him in. I’m not buying no money available too. Make funds available you pricks

Status
Not open for further replies.