Anyone else absolutely buzzing for the start of the season?

LLMU

I am excited with the the new season especially with our new defensive reinforcement and also having an unbeaten pre-season.
Again, everything starts with a new slate.

Morpheus 7

I'm glad it's back and can't wait to see the team regularly again. Need to shake this horrific transfer window off. Still dissapointed as I feel that another two or three signings and we would have challenged. Support the team and it's impossible to be worse than year. That's an actual fact, Old Trafford results couldn't be any worse.

Kelly15

Very excited. Totally buzzing. Can't wait for the season to start. Hate the off season. I feel so lost. Hahaha.

Grizzly B

I’m really excited about the season... we haven’t got all of what we needed in the summer but what we have got will be a vast improvement on what was there.

I’m excited that the likes of Greenwood, Gomes and Chong will get a lot of minutes this season and I think they will all perform. I’m hopeful that Martial and Rashford can maintain the form we have seen in flashes from them for the majority of the season. Excited to see McTominay in the midfield for an extended run.

Is the team perfect? God no. But hopefully Ole has been able to work with the players in preseason so they don’t fall off a cliff again.

Can’t wait for the Chelsea game.

Reactions: Rood

tombombadil

The transfer window this season hasn't been as bad as some might say. It's actually decent, but it has left a bit of a bad after taste in the mouth with how it ended.

At this point, I just want to get on with it and start the season and watch the team. Which is my favourite part of the season. Watching the actual games. I hope they at least can stay focused and perform close to how they were when Ole took over.

ArjenIsM3

Can't wait. We've an interesting season ahead in terms of team selection. Be interesting to see how Solskjaer tries to plug the obvious holes Woody left in the squad.

pacifictheme

Nope you're not. I honestly think we'll do Chelsea and I'm excited to see whether or not martial and Rashford will push on this season, especially martial moving back to CF.

Also excited at having a sold defence, what I genuinely think is the foundation to any great team. Starts at the back.

Could finish top 3, could finish 6th, I'm not going to say yay or nay, just gonna watch it for what it is and judge on performances and results rather than shiny new toys in the transfer market.
Yeah actually replacing one of our best midfielders and an attacker are shiny new toys. Do me a favour :lol:

I always look forward to the new season but i do think we'll struggle and i have very low expectations of the youngsters and the team in general. I've matched my ambitions to the clubs, will make it easier.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
Yea, I hope all the negative nancys lose their forums password, so we could enjoy the crazy 38 game seadon with raw emotions, ups and downs and be proud of our boys.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Disappointing window, but love our new signings and intrigued by the youth. So yeah, buzzing for it. Just hope we don't have the same let down feeling come May.

Will also be a great season with the top 6 clashes, everyone is stronger.

ants7

The transfer windows was so close to being a really good one. If we would have only added some strength to our midfield then Woody would have been given thumbs up and everything would have been fine.

However - I like the additions which were made and I am very excited how we get going. Also - having football on TV is always a great thing.

I am buzzing and can not wait for our first match to start.

Bondi77

I am really looking forward to it,
We have so many young players that have improvement in them and now they are going to be played regularly we will see which ones are really going to be Manchester United players.
As Ole said; I would rather be optimistic and wrong than be pessimistic and right so all I can say is let us all enjoy the season and not worry about the things we have no control over.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm I'll and home alone this weekend so it's fecking great to have the PL back.

Not optimistic about us doing anything of note this season but I'm always excited for our first game anyway.

fergosaurus

Not exactly buzzing but I'm intrigued to see what Ole can do. It's a bit of a mixed bag, I have serious reservations but I liked the way he set us up at the beginning and we were tactically good in the big games. There were some games however where is tactical nous and game management were very questionable.

He was extremely unlucky we were decimated with injuries that killed our momentum and the players then reverted back to being spineless and weak-willed. Ole's a very positive guy so I'm sure he's done his best to over the summer to build confidence and adding a leader like Maguire at the back can only be a good thing.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
:nono: can't be buzzing

But yes, I look forward to the season starting.

Jack-C20

I was massively looking forward to the start of the season. More than I have for years. I’m a transfer muppet however, so naturally I was a bit disappointed with no more signings. I did watch all the preseason games though and I know it’s only preseason but it looked like our game plan had changed. The pressing of the front players combined with youthful energy meant it was actually exciting to watch. Our first two games are tough which could be a little reminder that it’s not as easy as I’m imagining but it’s got to be better than last year... hasn’t it?

Reactions: Invictus

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Give it a couple of weeks and all the buzz will be gone. People seem to have forgotten how bad we were in the last 2 months of the season. We lost 4-0 to Everton and got dicked about twice by Wolves . Signing two defenders won't change the fact that we were outplayed completely in those games and have somehow become weaker in all other areas. Never felt this depressed before a season

Last edited:

red4ever 79

Im looking forward to the football being back on the TV again and I will watch as many games as I can. I cant really comment on Utd in general. Let' see how we start the season and if Ole plays the youngsters then I will be up for it. If i see us playing Static, Mata and Lingard then honestly I couldnt give a rats ass anymore

pacifictheme

Yea, I hope all the negative nancys lose their forums password, so we could enjoy the crazy 38 game seadon with raw emotions, ups and downs and be proud of our boys.
Make it a nice safe space for the delusional. Good thinking.

Parma Dewol

Can't wait! Will be getting to OT early on Sunday; first game of the season always has that special feel about it and I'm looking forward to being back in our seats.

Excited to see what this team can do. The big thing for me was signing a reliable centre back, and I think we've got one in Maguire. Wan Bissaka is an excellent addition - I'm expecting much better things from the back four this season - and there's a good amount of youth and excitement further up the field.

Are we going to mount a proper challenge for top four? I hope so, but it's not clear cut with the squad we have, and the opening two fixtures are brutal. Still, I'm glad that we seem to have signed players that the manager actually wanted, and I'm hoping this is the start of good things to come.

On a similar note, I can't wait for a ball to be kicked. One problem for us United fans is that, despite six years in the wilderness, our club still dominates the media and we can't help but lap up the bulls**t thrown our way by the press over the summer months. Tired of being linked to 50-odd players and then feeling frustrated that we didn't sign 47 of them. Sunday, for me, is the long-awaited day when football moves off Reddit and back onto the field. Can't come soon enough.

Imran Mamdani

For football to come back into my life, absolutely yes.
For looking forward to utd playing, not really - but equally hoping the young uns to get the start since we havent brough any M or F's in.

so yah, bring it on!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Not too excited about our chances to break into that top 3 but yes, very excited for the start of the season!

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
It's all about seeing who of the young 'uns are ready and can do it for me.

I would still rather watch this side than Jose's.

Am annoyed with the lack of signings but let's see which of them step up and make it.

chb23

I'm excited to see some AWB tackles, yeah baby! Bring it!

Canagel

No, but it might change after the first two matches. They will set the tone for the whole season. If we got 6 out of 6 I will be more confident but I don't want to get my hopes up early. The terrible ending of last season is still fresh in my mind.

Chillosophy

McTominay still has the price tag left on his fecking shoes? Surely that is not a 'thing' in the UK? Surely not?:nervous::confused::lol:
'

dove

No. I think we will pick up where we left off so there is nothing to look forward to.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Starting against Chelsea, who for me are the true direct rivals this season is ideal for me.

That's why I'm very keen to avoid all this doom and gloom and see what actual performances are like first.

The doom and gloom goes up to such a high level, that I can't invest my time or consciousness into it. It's at the point of being pointless. Look at Mike Ashley in Newcastle. They've been campaigning for years and it's got them nowhere.

DRM

I was, then the thought of Liverpool and city bsttling it out for the title and all the other cups has left me feeling melancholy.

Meanwhile we battle the likes of Everton, wolves, Leicester for 5th/6th and then there's the Europa League :rolleyes: