Anyone else sick of watching this boring rubbish?

UnitedinRed

Ms LvG
Yet, we perform that same way every game... Seems to change nothing, either, which indicates he's quite happy with us playing this way.
Well no. Not quite. He recently brought Lingard into the side at the expense of Mata as Lingard offered more pace. Suggesting he's well aware of the issue. Its November however.

He's currently hampered by a mix of injuries and out of form players effecting us. Of the 11 that started today, Rooney, Mata, Darmian, Carrick and Young were awful. It was a similar story midweek and too many times. Darmian aside, that's 4 senior players who we should be able to rely on. We can't, van Gaal can't and the team can't. They're just not performing, either today or all season. Mata has had a few spells but over all he's been disappointing.

Of course van Gaal needs to do something about that. If that means dropping them, then fine. I would be quite happy to see us field a very young side in a game soon. Not sure it would go down well with others mind.

January will be important. We need to buy and I think we will. Someone referred to our need for a cantona type in the window. They're right.

UnitedinRed

Ms LvG
This stage last season -
Manchester United 14 7 4 3 24 16 8 25

This season -
Manchester United 14 8 4 2 20 10 10 28

So much for the good start to season. Forever transitioning.
Well we bought half the first team the summer just gone tbf. Its sure to have an impact. As is the fact we have something of an injury problem again. Though this is an annual occurance in fairness, dating back years now.

Its quite similar to this stage last season really. Hopefully the second half will see us kick on and hit a patch of form like we did around March. Just keep it going rather than fall away at the death like we did of course.

Were not playing well, so its important to remain competitive, right? That's what we are doing.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Well no. Not quite. He recently brought Lingard into the side at the expense of Mata as Lingard offered more pace. Suggesting he's well aware of the issue. Its November however.

He's currently hampered by a mix of injuries and out of form players effecting us. Of the 11 that started today, Rooney, Mata, Darmian, Carrick and Young were awful. It was a similar story midweek and too many times. Darmian aside, that's 4 senior players who we should be able to rely on. We can't, van Gaal can't and the team can't. They're just not performing, either today or all season. Mata has had a few spells but over all he's been disappointing.

Of course van Gaal needs to do something about that. If that means dropping them, then fine. I would be quite happy to see us field a very young side in a game soon. Not sure it would go down well with others mind.

January will be important. We need to buy and I think we will. Someone referred to our need for a cantona type in the window. They're right.
It's his job to motivate the team, and if he can't do that, then he shouldn't be here. Moyes got most of the flack during his reign for failing to bring out anything from the title winners of the previous year. van Gaal shouldn't be any different. His squad, his philosophy, his rules, his problem.

I'm sorry, but I don't care about the injuries. Everyone was crying about such a thin squad during the summer bar LvG, he gambled and what do you know? It's starting to backfire.

Looks like the solution is..... to throw more money at the problem. That's good to hear, let's just keep spending and spending, and get nowhere.

Nucks

RT History Department
It's his job to motivate the team, and if he can't do that, then he shouldn't be here. Moyes got most of the flack during his reign for failing to bring out anything from the title winners of the previous year. van Gaal shouldn't be any different. His squad, his philosophy, his rules, his problem.

I'm sorry, but I don't care about the injuries. Everyone was crying about such a thin squad during the summer bar LvG, he gambled and what do you know? It's starting to backfire.

Looks like the solution is..... to throw more money at the problem. That's good to hear, let's just keep spending and spending, and get nowhere.
People agitating for LvG's removal.

We're near the top of the league.

Say hello to the entitlement/participation award generation.

mu77

People agitating for LvG's removal.

We're near the top of the league.

Say hello to the entitlement/participation award generation.
which is what united will win this year by finishing in a cl position like last year. we finished 4th , we get the arsenil trophy.

Sparky Rhiwabon

What I don't understand is how, say, Leicester can score bucketful of goals with inferior players than us. Is Ranieri really a much better manager than Van Gaal?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I don't know if its a good thing or not but we manage to make every single team look the same. Weather we are playing City at home or Villa away our play is always the same. Solid at the back and struggle to carve openings.

It's Leicester City. I know they are doing well, but they have a shaky defense. Give it a go atleast.

Sam

Watching Palace on MOTD just now was depressing as feck. I dream of a day we play such great attacking football. That was with one of our cast offs as well.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I still can't get over the cowardly football we are playing. If Fergie had this squad...

Seems nobody on the CAF wants to be the first to say it so I will: Van Gaal OUT.

ZDwyr

Got up at 4:30 AM to watch it here in Australia. Didn't even really celebrate when BFS scored, it felt so undeserved. Van Gaal has really sucked the life out of football. I thought it would start to improve but it's just stagnated badly. He needs to release the shackles a bit, we aren't good enough to win trophies playing like this.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I wonder when Leicester were involved a game that was shit to watch? We're literally head and shoulders above every other team at the league in consistently sucking the life out of almost every bloody game we play. It's amazing. Imagine if there was some kid out there, just getting into the sport, watching every game we've played this season. They'd probably stop watching football altogether, never mind support United.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I wonder when Leicester were involved a game that was shit to watch? We're literally head and shoulders above every other team at the league in consistently sucking the life out of almost every bloody game we play. It's amazing. Imagine if there was some kid out there, just getting into the sport, watching every game we've played this season. They'd probably stop watching football altogether, never mind support United.
My 8 year old who is obsessed with football is finding it hard which is a shame

I blame sky as he has been to exposed to watching Barcelona over the last 2 years

2Bullish

Its been a long time since Ive been here but I have to write this. Without a doubt this is the most boring team I have ever seen. We do not press or go forward, as a fan i leave the game unfulfilled even if we win. I do not like this style of football, so much so, that in all my years watching my team i sometimes dont watch at all. Ive watches many managers and teams in over 40 years of going to the game but i have never seen a manager transform our team into boring shite as VG, we are not stoke ffs. Rant over.

thejtrain

Got up at 4:30 AM to watch it here in Australia. Didn't even really celebrate when BFS scored, it felt so undeserved. Van Gaal has really sucked the life out of football. I thought it would start to improve but it's just stagnated badly. He needs to release the shackles a bit, we aren't good enough to win trophies playing like this.
Same here. It felt weird that I didn't/couldn't celebrate Basti's first goal for us!
One the bright side, this United team is great for insomniacs.
True :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
What I don't understand is how, say, Leicester can score bucketful of goals with inferior players than us. Is Ranieri really a much better manager than Van Gaal?
I remember asking a similar question when the likes of Swansea and Southampton had more possession than us a few seasons back.

Funny how when things change, they stay the same. :lol:

DFreshKing

We are the Antithesis of rawk without being any better. In fact it is much worse. There is psychosis to losing SAF and i think the media and fans are caught up it in. We will spiral to scouse levels if this condition continues.

Do we have to be 10 pts clear right now? Was we always 10 pts clear and winning 5-0 when SAF was here?

Am I going mad?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I can't wait for Giggs' book to come out. Have you ever seen a manager and his assistant as disengaged and disconnected as Louis van Gaal and Ryan Giggs ?? I may be completely off the mark but they remind me of one of those celebrity couples who have been living separate lives for months but carry on the sham marriage just for the public. What is it with those two. Van Gaal talks more to the guy on his right than he does to Giggs during a match !

I really don't want to watch the Liverpool game cause if they turn Swansea over with another attacking display, I'm gonna be right miffed. All this talk of transition at United (despite van Gaal being here 18 months) yet Leicester and Liverpool seem to be getting immediate results with a new manager and inferior squads ??

How does that work ?? Ahh yes...............no bullshit philosophy !!! United are playing the least entertaining football in the league right now. Even watching Villa and Newcastle is more exciting as they're getting creamed every week !

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
We are the Antithesis of rawk without being any better. In fact it is much worse. There is psychosis to losing SAF and i think the media and fans are caught up it in. We will spiral to scouse levels if this condition continues.

Do we have to be 10 pts clear right now? Was we always 10 pts clear and winning 5-0 when SAF was here?

Am I going mad?
No, all we have to do is play with a bit of swagger and style. If you cant see or understand that we are quite simply the dullest most boring team in the EPL then nobody can help you. We are the most boring team to watch in the EPL, that is no exageration.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Am I going mad?
You must be if you're happy the way things are at the moment !!

bleedred

Am I going mad?
For a start, we were winning games.

4 in 11 is no where near the standard of this club considering the teams we have faced during that time. Call it entitlement or whatever, Its pathetic we cannot score against the likes of Newcastle, Middlesborough, Palace. Leicester have one of the leakiest defense and we created what 1 chance from open play?. We are a laughing stock. Its not psychosis. People have been really patient with Van Gaal and many are starting to lose belief in him and rightly so.

DFreshKing

No, all we have to do is play with a bit of swagger and style. If you cant see or understand that we are quite simply the dullest most boring team in the EPL then nobody can help you. We are the most boring team to watch in the EPL, that is no exageration.

Yeah - the 18 teams below us are much better - and you worry about not helping me? please take a little look at yourself

DFreshKing

For a start, we were winning games.

4 in 11 is no where near the standard of this club considering the teams we have faced during that time. Call it entitlement or whatever, Its pathetic we cannot score against the likes of Newcastle, Middlesborough, Palace. Leicester have one of the leakiest defense and we created what 1 chance from open play?. We are a laughing stock. Its not psychosis. People have been really patient with Van Gaal and many are starting to lose belief in him and rightly so.
Yes I am laughing at you all-right - where are we in the league again? Name me the teams and fans that are laughing (other than our own)

dirkey

I still can't get over the cowardly football we are playing. If Fergie had this squad...

Seems nobody on the CAF wants to be the first to say it so I will: Van Gaal OUT.
I actually said this earlier in the post match thread. Time for him to go. I'm sorry, but Manchester United are about more than results or titles. This isn't good enough. It should be about entertainment. This is just drivel. I've had enough and am now tuning out until he's gone (I probably won't actually tune out, because I'm a glutton for punishment).

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Yeah - the 18 teams below us are much better - and you worry about not helping me? please take a little look at yourself
You dont get it do you?. Its an awful term and I hate it but we are AntiFootball right now. Utd should never be this bad but sycophants are quite happy to accept this style of football.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
saw this post somewhere else. This guy said even if we won the title playing the way we are, ie. Not the "United Way", LvG should be fired. I can understand his pain...:lol: even though I don't agree with what he said.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
9 goals in our last 10 games. Not even a 1:1 ratio. Let that sink in, 9 goals in 10 games. Countless amounts of cash, players in, players out, 17 months in charge and we've only seen 9 goals in our last 10 games (1 penalty and an own goal).

And, I thought that aim of the game was to get a ball into the opposition net...?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yes I am laughing at you all-right - where are we in the league again? Name me the teams and fans that are laughing (other than our own)
I highly doubt they would be in a position to be laughing. In more likelihood, they wouldn't have been able to watch past 6 minutes before nodding off like I have many times.

bleedred

4th by the end of the week, probably. Same as last year. Where is the improvement?? And both teams above and below us play better football than us.