Anyone else stopped watching?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yesterday, I looked at the clock and was really bothered by how slow it was moving.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm going to miss a few of the upcoming games, travelling and being away, usually I'd still try and find a way to watch, but I'll just watch the highlights at a time that suits me. No point breaking my neck to watch two hours of misery. Not that it really puts me that bad a mood now, I've really become a bit used to it, unless it's a proper embarrassing defeat/performance I just sigh and move on.

Hard to feel the fire when I know full well this is us for at least the rest of the season, not healthy to obsess and get too wrapped up and angry about something that is meant to be entertainment.

tedketterman

I still watch every game possible, but if I'm at work or something I don't really care if I miss it.

BigRon1985

I didn't watch last night but that was a combination of it being a pretty dead rubber and my wisdom tooth having been taken out earlier.
What was more painful? Having your wisdom teeth out or watching United at the moment? :eek:

Cloud7

I keep wondering how the hell Liverpool/Everton fans coped with their team’s fall from grace?

Did they reach a breaking point like us, after a few years being shit, then get used to it and find a new way to relate to their club so they could at least continue watching them. Through thick and thin.

Or are we all just uniquely fickle, spoilt bastards?
Haven’t Liverpool fans pretty homogenously coped with it by still thinking they’re the best and that it’s the FA/Sir Alex etc that’s been keeping them down?

I think what makes it worse for us as a fan base is that there is no reason for us to be this bad. We are one of the richest clubs in the world, and spend more money than almost anyone. If we were a resource poor club then we wouldn’t all be this down, we would accept that this is our lot as a club now.

The fact is we’ve just been mismanaged, a combination of bad managerial choices and our board not being proactive enough. We all see what United can be if we just get a little bit of direction, it’s not hard to imagine, but the fact that it’s right there, yet we can’t seem to grasp it, makes it so frustrating to watch.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Stopped watching yesterday after the first half. Don't care enough anymore.

AaronRedDevil

Missing a good few games in LVG's final season and didn't care.

Yesterday was the first game I switched off mid game (after going 2-0 down). In fact, it was so bad in the first half I was hoping we'd concede so I could switch it off because we were never getting a result against 2 goals.
I'm the same now. I miss a good few united game during the LVG era because they were so boring to watch. Every game was 1-0. Recently with mourinho is the same, still a bit better then lvg but not by a lot.

arthurka

I have little or no interest in this team atm and have missed at least three of our four last games. And sadly many of my friends have also stopped watching Utd all together.
It is really a terrible state that the club is in now. Sooner that the Grinch leaves the better cant see anything positive from Utd under this management.

Patrick220571

Didn't watch last night, mainly because it was a dead rubber and I suspected our players wouldn't bother turning up.

I still watch games that have anything riding on the outcome, although I find myself far more easily distracted and drifting off onto other tasks while the match is on, something that has never happened previously.

M18Red1

Embarrassing. What would you do if we were relegated for Christ’s sake?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I watch out of blind loyalty like most die hard fans.

The result doesn't bother me as much as the performances against the better sides; It's slow and devoid of any craft or urgency.

Just waiting out the season hoping that he'll be gone and we can start to rebuild this team, or just change tactics so we can start to be a Utd again

reddaz71

Sadly yes, I think many are getting to the stage of indifference. I know it was horrific under LVG and Moyes but this has to be the worst since '74.

Judas

Open to offers
You can basically watch any other PL game and it'll be more enjoyable to watch than our games. Throughly enjoyed the Newcastle/Wolves game on Sunday for example, much better watch than half the dross we've served up in our games.

Chairman Steve

I’m watching the majority of games. The only times I miss the games are if I’m out with friends (which I’d do anyway even if we were the most entertaining team) or I’m unable to find a good ‘river’ to watch the game.

I watched last night in the curiosity that they might be able to perform in a dead rubber game, where the pressures off, players can play more freely, fringe players are eager to impress, experiment with a new approach...

But no it was the same old shit we’d see in a must win game or if we’re playing a rival. We’ve been like this since the turn of the calendar year.

Last edited:

Eriku

You can basically watch any other PL game and it'll be more enjoyable to watch than our games. Throughly enjoyed the Newcastle/Wolves game on Sunday for example, much better watch than half the dross we've served up in our games.
That’s the fecked up thing. I thought that a lot during LvG’s reign too. It’s weird watching bottom half teams and envying the cohesion and flow in their play.

shahzy

Yeh I'm in that boat too. I feel it's actually bad for my mental health watching a manager I detest at this point. So I've taken a break for the last month if say and will wait until he's fired.

I'm sure we will get some top reds in here saying 'support us when are down' etc but frankly the less we watch and the less the gate tickets get, that's the only thing I can see forcing these fools on the board to act

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This has to be the most depressing it’s been in many many years. Certainly I can remember. I’m properly sick of being shite now.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Lvg turned me off football completely so much that I struggle to watch any matches not just united. I’ve found it hard to get my passion back, I’m ambivalent to results. I had hoped Mourinho would get my mojo back but it’s just so uninspiring too
Never thought I'd say it, because I stuck and had my passion through Moyes and LvG, but José has done to me, what LvG done to you. I didn't even bother to watch the game last night, and wasn't arsed when I looked at the score.

Sgt.Major

I still watch the games but I find myself wondering "Why am I watching this?"
Stole my words. I often get the feeling that I should be watching other games, but I still stick to United. It's like self-flagellation, I suppose, torture yourself to prove that you're a real fan.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I still watch every game religiously. The difference these days is I don't get nervous and expectations are basically non-existent. You could describe my feelings as watching pre-season games. Sadly, and I know it sounds childish but it seems my biggest joy from this season will be if Liverpool manages to mess up their season or we miraculously win a cup.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
A taxi driver I met yesterday who is a United fan said he was going to watch the live politics show last night rather than united as it would be more exciting!

Judas

Open to offers
Embarrassing. What would you do if we were relegated for Christ’s sake?
Love it, imagine a season of thrashing every team in the championship :drool:

Most my Newcastle supporting mates haven't exactly hated the couple of seasons out of the top flight, they enjoyed watching them win again and look half decent.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I'm frankly disgusted by the fairweathers in this thread. As someone who's been to 1 out of the last 4 games and had a finger hovering over the x while streaming every single away game since September, I've earned the right to feel superior.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I still watch every game religiously. The difference these days is I don't get nervous and expectations are basically non-existent. You could describe my feelings as watching pre-season games. Sadly, and I know it sounds childish but it seems my biggest joy from this season will be if Liverpool manages to mess up their season or we miraculously win a cup.
I’m the same

Danish Wizard

Prefered the Ajax vs Bayern game yesterday. Not the first time this season I make a decision like that when United play.
Would rather see a good football-match than United play at the moment.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A taxi driver I met yesterday who is a United fan said he was going to watch the live politics show last night rather than united as it would be more exciting!
I watched the Apprentice, guess the Man Utd game may have matched it for humour

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I actually laughed first time in my life when Jones scored that own goal. It's now become embarrassing.

Kearnkoff69

I'm in the same boat as Inigo Montoya. I grew up watching United, I'll always tune in for our games! That said, it has become painful to do so. The utter lack of drive and creativity in our play is really depressing. Something that Ed and the Glazers don't realize is that they can only make money off our name and history for so long. Kids these days won't grow up supporting United if we aren't exciting to watch. The profit-minded higher-ups in our club should keep that in mind while they watch our club spiral into mediocrity.

PeteReDevil

iPete
Every morning on game day I say "I'm not watching the game today" but always end up watching anyway and always regret doing so :(

Handré1990

I watch it because I can't help not watching and would just end up following the live score elsewhere. No real pleasure in watching though, just waiting for a change.
This is it for me as well. I don’t pay for a subscription anymore, but I just can’t help myself from finding streams and having the game on in the background. I do get a lot of other stuff done though, laundry, doing the dishes, scrubbing the bathtub and toilet etc. I’m not entertained so I won’t pay a lot of money each week to watch.

Darlington Padgett

Stole my words. I often get the feeling that I should be watching other games, but I still stick to United. It's like self-flagellation, I suppose, torture yourself to prove that you're a real fan.
It's a bad feeling, I used to be excited for the weekends and hated international breaks.

El Presidente

Not only did I stop watching after the Wolves game, but I intend to do so until the CL knockouts. Which is not certain actually, because I don’t think I can cope with the embarrassement of watching a Barcelona or a Bayern teach us football for 180 minites.

Of course I turn on some games occasionally just to remind myself of what a brilliant choice I made. Would recommend to anybody.

klsv

You stopped watching matches, which is like two to four hours a week, yet you find enough time and caring to post and moan on here. I don't really get it. Is it a need for validation or some sort, or just trying to find comfort?