g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Anyone else stopped watching?

Decade long lurker

I’ll never stop going/watching/hoping. We were shite before. We’ll be great again. And in the meantime, perpetually relevant.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Yesterday I started posting for the first time in a long time about how much I hated mo and that I haven't watched for ages.

Now I'm unreasonably optimistic again and look forward to the next game:lol:

Minimalist

I can watch again.

New start. Even if we continue to be shite until the end of the season - at least that miserable mug won't be in the dugout.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Will be a strange feeling to watch us again and wanting us to win with such passion

ghagua

I did. I knew if I continued watching I would need to vent my anger and would come on here and get banned. Did not want to risk it after my last warning. Just caught up with the results and prayed that Mourinho would get sacked as soon as we were eliminated from contention for the top 4.

Melville Red

Funny thing happened the night they played Valencia, not only did I not watch it I forgot they were even playing.

Now that is bad, wasn’t until the next day when I was having a butchers on the inter web and I saw the result. Glad I did miss it.

Drifter

American
Would never stop watching United through thick or thin,good or bad.

artursk

I have stopped watching and not going to watch again until we play exciting football. I honestly don’t care if we don’t win any trophies, I want football to excite me.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Will be a strange feeling to watch us again and wanting us to win with such passion
Honestly, that never went away for me. Even against Newcastle where a loss might have gotten him the sack I was still cheering us on like a loon.

I just had to have a break from watching because Mourinho's constant negativity, finger-pointing, and shitting on the club was driving me doolally.

At this point, I'm just glad I won't have to see him on the sideline during my next trip to Old Trafford.

Drifter

American
I have stopped watching and not going to watch again until we play exciting football. I honestly don’t care if we don’t win any trophies, I want football to excite me.
Honestly .Why do you support United?

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Not missing another game for sure now. Will be really exciting to see us play in a new way, just unleash the shackles and let the players attack. If we lose, we lose.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Back to looking forward to games, cheers!
:D:D:D Cant wait. Most likely itll be a bit shit for a while, but all the same I like forward to seeing improvements and can actually hope for better things again. That's all as fans we can ask for really. Being totally devoid of hope and only seeing the club go downwards is the worst possible scenario so thank feck it has ended.

evil_geko

:D:D:D Cant wait. Most likely itll be a bit shit for a while, but all the same I like forward to seeing improvements and can actually hope for better things again. That's all as fans we can ask for really. Being totally devoid of hope and only seeing the club go downwards is the worst possible scenario so thank feck it has ended.
Yes it will be shit for a while but I don't care, I will keep watching, that's the thing what many "top reds" syndrome lads that came in here didn't understand and kept spouting same shite over and over, I don't care if football is not that exciting, I don't care about results or trophies, that is not why I stopped watching, I only cared about getting that portuguese poison out of the club. He was literally sucking the life out of the club.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Looking forward to Cardiff.
This.

Cancelling all my plans for Saturday evening to watch the game. That's how bad it had gotten for me, planning other things to do instead of watching United games.

L2Red

Supports
Liverpool
I still watch every match apart from extreme circumstances - always have the hope that we improve and turn things around

I mean nevermind just watching on TV (although worth noting that being able to watch every game on TV/stream is a relatively recent phenomena for most) - there are still those who travel to watch everymatch live home and away

I actually think our entertainment value was worse last year than this season but obviously results were better

Those who stopped watching are clearly just a bunch of spoilt glory fans!
ye top red blah blah blah
This. What an absolutely horrendous thread, and just shows how spoilt United fans have become.

When I used to study at Teesside, I used to eat pasta & sauce most nights, so I could scrimp together around 60 quid most weeks, to travel back to Liverpool or wherever we were playing, and go the match, to watch Poulsen attempt to run our midfield, Joe Cole to sprint 100m and be hunched over breathing out of his arse, and Hodgson to stand on the touchline like a clueless gimp. I remember selling PS3 games and DVD's I had, just to pay for a ticket to the FA Cup game in 2011 at Old Trafford, as well as taking a National Express coach to Leeds, and jumping a train to Manchester to get there as cheaply as possible. In fact, I've seen us get pumped at Old Trafford more times than I care to remember.

Frustrating? Yes. Very much so.

Do I regret it? Absolutely not a chance.

It's my team.

I'm there when we're good, and I'm there when we shit.

If you can switch off the need to watch your team, seemingly at the drop of a hat, then you have to question whether or not football is for you. Don't get me wrong - while I'm watching, I question why I do it for just one millisecond - and then I realise - the team is a part of me and it's not something I can turn off.

Tenner says you'd be dying to turn the telly on if you could win something though?

Reactions: Rood

Gazautd18

Can't believe I'm looking forward to MOTD. Have honestly not watched this for years!
Not here to judge and I can understand why people have switched off.
Been a fan since the 80's. Don't expect my team to win everything, but at least be entertaining.

Red Devil's Advocate

I hadn't watched any game this season apart from casual look at the score here and there. Before Jose, I won't miss even a single minute irrespective of what I were doing. Sa through the entire 90 mins and beyond this morning. Football is back :)