Anyone else who doesn't care for signing more defenders?

MrPooni

I knew this thread wouldn't age well but this is taking the piss. :lol:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Well we need at least one CB to partner Smalling while we bring back Tuanzebe and offloads Rojo and Jones. Need a LB too. Our defence becomes automatically a lot better with less rotating because of injuries and poor form so we do need to fix that first. But I'm not disagreeing with the sentiment.

Minimalist

I still don't care so long as Mourinho is directing the ship. Two of them are his buys and he hasn't sold the likes of Rojo or Jones.

Meaningless until we get a proper coach in.

IronCroos37

we need to replace first the manager, then we see what players adapt and whom no.

BestCanton7

I'd rather have seen a young player get a start today over Jones. Shambolic defending from him.

Mainoldo

I think we are all aware Jones is crap. But we have 6 CB and for some reason this guy keeps getting games.

Sorry 5 after we sold a better one in Blind.

ravi2

Dude we get it you hate the man can you stop moaning in every thread? Ffs what's the point of promoting this piece of work? So he complains and complains all over the forum? Jesus
He has a point to be fair, i dont think it matters who we sign if Jose or Woodward are still around to feck things up.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
This thread gives me visions of Chris Smalling well into his thirties and still struggling to play a pass to a teammate who's more than 14 meters away from him. Phil Jones with grey streaks in his hair, kneecapping himself by storming into a goalpost and injuring himself for a record breaking 65th time :drool:

ravi2

Mourinho shouldn't be allowed a player anymore. It would be madness
we need to replace first the manager, then we see what players adapt and whom no.
Its just so obvious at this point the team will not progress under Jose.

The fact that emery and sarri have come in to a league they have no experience in and they teams look so much better than ours tells the true story. Even if Jose didn't get the cb he wanted he has zero excuse for the style of play we are seeing on th pitch.

IrishMcD

As much as I want Mourinho out, I want Jones, Rojo and Valencia out first. Otherwise they will do what they always do, convince new manager they are useful squad players, transfer window will close and they will go back to being shit or injured.
Mourinho finally, FINALLY, seems to be becoming aware that they aren't good enough. At least, I hope he is.

Foxbatt

No we need class attackers that would stop their defenders from attacking. Now we have a dummy upfront who waves his arms about and then kicks the ball against the other foot and then look puzzled when he could not find the ball.
Get good players upfront first, then the midfield. This defence was not that bad up to this season. Last year we were very good. So were the previous years.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
We need to get back to a base of commited Manchester United players and build from there

———————De Gea
—Tuanzebe-Alderweireld-Lindeldof
Dalot————————-—————Shaw
———-Lingard- Herrera—-Fellaini
—————Rashford—martial

Romero, Smalling, Young, Matic, Mata, Lingard, Lukaku

TFM, Garner, Gomes, McTominay, chong, Greenwood

Sell
Pogba
Sanchez
Jones
Bailly
Rojo
Darmian

Loan
Fred

Last edited:

fellaini's barber

Arsenal's defenders are 10 times worse than ours. Jose started this defender moaning bollocks in pre season and the whole world just ran with it

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We need to get back to a base of commited Manchester United players and build from there

———————De Gea
Dalot————————-—————Shaw
———-Herrera—Matic-Fellaini
—————Rashford—martial

Romero, Smalling, Young, Pereira, Mata, Lingard, Lukaku

Sell
Pogba
Sanchez
Jones
Bailly
Rojo
Darmian

Loan
Fred
That midfield is going to massively struggle.

No pace, no drive, no ball carrying. horrible.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

———————De Gea
Dalot————————-—————Shaw
—————Rashford—martial

Sell
Pogba
Sanchez
Jones
Bailly
Rojo
Darmian

Loan
Fred
That midfield is awful. No creativity or pace. Rashford and Martial will be starved for service.

Mainoldo

———————De Gea
Dalot————————-—————Shaw
—————Rashford—martial

Sell
Pogba
Sanchez
Jones
Bailly
Rojo
Darmian

Loan
Fred
Jesus. Scribble that out and start again will you. First stop. Midfield!!

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

———————De Gea
Dalot————————-—————Shaw
—————Rashford—martial

Sell
Pogba
Sanchez
Jones
Bailly
Rojo
Darmian

Loan
Fred
That midfield is a virus. This post must be taking a piss

AshRK

Saying we don't need defenders is as stupid as saying Jose should stay beyond this season.

Patrick08

As much as I want Mourinho out, I want Jones, Rojo and Valencia out first. Otherwise they will do what they always do, convince new manager they are useful squad players, transfer window will close and they will go back to being shit or injured.
Mourinho finally, FINALLY, seems to be becoming aware that they aren't good enough. At least, I hope he is.
Valencia is least of our problem defensively.

IrishMcD

Valencia is least of our problem defensively.
You are joking, right? Please tell me you aren't serious? Valencia has been muck for ages now. And wouldn't get anywhere near the starting team for any of the other teams in the top 8.

Tosicsleftpeg

We need to change something that's for sure, Jones had had enough chances he is terrible. We need a few new players and defence isn't the only place we need someone, as has been mentioned we are totally unbalanced due to having no natural right sided forward ala Mahrez

Patrick08

You are joking, right? Please tell me you aren't serious? Valencia has been muck for ages now. And wouldn't get anywhere near the starting team for any of the other teams in the top 8.
Hasn't been our worst defender thought. Going forward his blunt.

Smores

Saying we don't need defenders is as stupid as saying Jose should stay beyond this season.
This

Anyone who thinks our defenders are good enough for a top club is an idiot. Keep Smalling, Bailly, Lindeloff whilst offloading the others and then for everyones sake bring in a proven defender. One defender is all we need, let's stop penny pinching and get our top targets.

Whether Jose or not and he won't be, all the above needs to happen and it makes no sense to stall.

Skills

Snitch
Yeah fans of Liverpool and Manchester City simply loved their teams when they conceded sloppy goal after sloppy goal each week to ruin otherwise decent performances. Just go and look back through their forums.
Yeah we wanked ourselves to sleep over the 60 league goals a season we barely scrape over the line.

Skills

Snitch
When you sign good defender your attack flourishes as well. Still not sure if Mourinho in charge would change anything no matter who we sign but hoping...
I'd argue the opposite. Great attacks make defenders jobs easier if opposition teams are too afraid to commit (see us against any half decent team where are our LWs are basically playing as full backs).

Secondly if your attack is good enough to kill a game early the rest of the game becomes a procession. One of the reasons we're so bad is our games are a struggle for 90minutes. It's knackering to watch as a supporter let alone a player. We don't have easy wins within 30 minutes, where you can just close the game out against a demoralised opponent. The other top clubs have loads of these.

Craig Ward

We need better coaching, better playing style and better commitment and application from the players.

We signed Lukaku/Sanchez - have they made a difference to how we play as a team?

We have Martial/rashford/Lingard/Mata also.

We have attacking players that can cause damage.

Our issue is team wide - we don't play as a team working together. That's the issue. Coaching and player application

Skills

Snitch
We need better coaching, better playing style and better commitment and application from the players.

We signed Lukaku/Sanchez - have they made a difference to how we play as a team?

We have Martial/rashford/Lingard/Mata also.

We have attacking players that can cause damage.

Our issue is team wide - we don't play as a team working together. That's the issue. Coaching and player application
Well yes that is the biggest issue but we're still going to go out and spunk 150m in the transfermarket this summer. I'd rather we do it on the attack to make us worth watching for the first time in 5 years.

Siorac

I don't really care for signing any more players until the prick is gone.

Craig Ward

Well yes that is the biggest issue but we're still going to go out and spunk 150m in the transfermarket this summer. I'd rather we do it on the attack to make us worth watching for the first time in 5 years.
Doesn't solve the problem though.

We need a new manager, better scouting, better coaching, a DOF.

We also need to sell: Jones/Smalling/Rojo/Valencia/Young/Fellaini/Pogba/Darmian/Sanchez.

We need to sign
1x CB
2xCM
1xRW
1xST

We need to utilize our young players to compensate for the outgoings.

A swap of Lukaku to say Kane would be dream world. But a lot of what we need isn't plausible, because its so drastic

Renegade

Some people are going to be in for a huge shock when we eventually go sign a over priced CB and still look clueless under Mourinho. I genuinely wonder what he’ll use as the excuse then. Our problems run so much deeper than a CB. Put Toby in this backline now with this midfield and Lukaku up top and we’ll still be awful with Mourinho’s “tactics”.

Robbie Boy

When those defenders are apparently Boateng and fecking Maguire, then absolutely no way Mourinho should be given money to buy a CB.

Patrick220571

I don't think any new signing would excite me under our current manager, and I think they would make very little difference.

I would rather we didn't spend until either the new manager comes in or a director of football. Spending at the moment would likely be a rinse and repeat of mistakes made over the last 5 years.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hasn't been our worst defender thought. Going forward his blunt.
He’s awful these days. He doesn’t close any defenders down anymore as he’s scared to get skinned. If they stay wide and cut inside he just lets them do what they want.

Add to the fact he barely ever makes it up high enough to threaten a cross or keep width, he needs selling ASAP.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’d like to think our attack can be “fixed” without signing a load of new players. Because if we need to sign a load of new players to get us playing good attacking football and we need new defenders to stop conceding stupid goals (and better CMs would surely help at both ends of the pitch) then maybe we shouldn’t be all blaming all our woes on the manager?

LeftyBlaster

Mourinho shouldn't be allowed a player anymore. It would be madness
Agreed. Aside from the obvious bullshit that Jose is trying to brainwash people with that we need a defender to play better, I’d rather we fired Woodward and Jose both from footballing matters and appointed a DOF and a manager who both have a template and vision they can use as a guide for signings.

As you said, we are alread a shambles. Liverpool, Arsenal and City are showing us how it’s done.