Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Not a true ‘TV show,’ but Ken Burn’s ‘Vietnam’ on Netflix is phenomenal. Wonderful soundtrack, a great method of weaving in historical facts with those affected by the war, & the narration by Peter Coyote was a quality choice. Highly, highly recommended.
I'd like to watch this but Peter Coyote's voice ends up being grating to me even during the course of a feature length film, not sure if I could put up with 1035 minutes.

O.J.: Made in America - As good as a conventional television documentary can get really. Immensely comprehensive but there were a few things that were only scratched on the surface that I would have liked to seen a more deeper probe into, like the domestic violence.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Yellowstone. Just started watching it. It’s pretty good so far. Written by the guy that wrote sicario.
Wind River and Hell or High Water as well. Probably my current favorite filmmaker actually

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Anyone seen the new YouTube original series "Origin"?

It sounds cool:

"With the first two episodes hailing from director Paul W.S. Anderson, YouTube Premium’s sci-fi drama Origin is largely a pastiche of a handful of popular and influential genre films and television shows from the past four decades or so. The series unabashedly lifts from Blade Runner, Alien, The Thing, Passengers, and even Anderson’s own 1997 sci-fi-horror romp, Event Horizon"

Reddy Rederson

Anyone seen the new YouTube original series "Origin"?

It sounds cool:

"With the first two episodes hailing from director Paul W.S. Anderson, YouTube Premium’s sci-fi drama Origin is largely a pastiche of a handful of popular and influential genre films and television shows from the past four decades or so. The series unabashedly lifts from Blade Runner, Alien, The Thing, Passengers, and even Anderson’s own 1997 sci-fi-horror romp, Event Horizon"
I could barely make it through the first episode. It’s text book Anderson who all the directorial skill of a badger. The pacing is purposefully drawn out, I’m sure the idea was to create suspense but in reality it’s just tedious watching people climb a ladder. The dialogue is flat out horrible, the acting is bland by some and utterly atrocious for others but I’m willing to accept that those people did what they could with the horrid writing.

There’s a character that’s Japanese and he speaks Japanese, but when he speaks English he has no hint of a Japanese accent. It’s just weird. If it gets better after the first episode I have no idea, but it was hard to get through that first episode and to be honest I couldn’t even tell you what really happened. Not because it was complicated but because it was just so uninteresting.

This is all based on that first episode just to be super clear. Maybe it gets better.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
A good film that not a lot of people know about is Blue Ruin.
I agree about Hell or High Water. Good film. (I haven't seen the others).
Oh cool, I haven't heard of that one I'll check it out. Wind River is about a wildfire expert in Wyoming who finds the body of a young woman from a nearby Indian Reservation. I think you'd enjoy it if you like the other ones.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Smashed through Patriot Season 2 on Amazon in under a week (it's a very short season) and now quite enjoying Season 2 of The Sinner on Netflix even though I reckon I've guessed the 'twist' already.

Seems a fair few decent shows about at the moment. Narcos Mexico after this I reckon.

SirAF

Ageist
O.J.: Made in America - As good as a conventional television documentary can get really. Immensely comprehensive but there were a few things that were only scratched on the surface that I would have liked to seen a more deeper probe into, like the domestic violence.
Ah yes, one of my all time favorite documentaries. Incredible body of work.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Mike Judge Presents: Tales From the Tour Bus. A documentary series that focuses on country musicians with a Mike Judge production take on it. I don't listen to country but the narrative is interesting and I like the portrayal. In short, the first country stars led some crazy drug-filled lives and whilst most of them are dead you get first hand accounts from their closest people still alive.

At Home With Amy Sedaris. Amy's bizarre and sometimes surreal take on those home improvement/cooking shows (think Martha Stewart). Just ridiculous but entertaining.

Sick of It. Just a nice lil' show a'right.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Norm McDonald Live. Basically a podcast/talk show but it's online in video form and it's better that way because they show clips. Don't know why Norm isn't one of the most famous comedians ever.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Some interesting new shows on Netflix from around the world I will start to watch this weekend. I think producing original shows like these from around the world is the way to go for Netflix as I want to see more of this on there:

Rise of Phoenixes - China
Historical court intrigue and plotting that looks to be a good follow up watch for Nirvana in Fire 2 - a masterpiece I am still thinking about after finishing weeks ago

Baby - Italy
Looks like a thriller set at an elite private school. Set in Rome with cinematography that looks high quality like Gomorroh I want to check this out.

1983 - Poland
Espionage thriller with the opening "The Party is noble and benevolent. Citizens are prosperous and free".

Vadim

Anyone heard of StartUp? Does it get better with time? Not impressed with the first episode.

SirAF

Ageist
Norm McDonald Live. Basically a podcast/talk show but it's online in video form and it's better that way because they show clips. Don't know why Norm isn't one of the most famous comedians ever.
The only reason I’ve heard about this guy is because I watched him interview Dave Letterman. He’s quite funny.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Anyone heard of StartUp? Does it get better with time? Not impressed with the first episode.
Saw the first 5 episodes or so, did not find it very gripping. But then again, there are people I know who liked the 1st season

Andersons Dietician

I just watched the chilling adventures of Sabrina on Netflix and it was alright. Very, very different from the version that used to be on. Sabrina the teenage witch.

Bobski

netflix is cancelling all the comic book shows :lol:
Nothing to cry over really, they have been highly mediocre with few stand outs. Hopefully they replace them with some decent genre stuff as their sci fi offerings(losing The Expanse:() are starting to look rather thin, a lot of dross and few stand outs.

Andersons Dietician

netflix is cancelling all the comic book shows :lol:
Mostly due to Disney starting their own streaming service and owning the rights to all the marvel stuff. Rumour was they wanted Netflix to do another season of each and have certain things happen so when Disney start their streaming service they pick up the series from where Netflix left off. Netflix of course refused.

Netflix are also currently trying to buy other comic book rights to make more comic book stuff.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I may be 4 years late but Sons of Anarchy was amazing. Just finished it a week ago and am about to start Mayans MC ( yes I am late I know)

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Maybe the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show... but, I watched a clip and there was this fat bird screeching some shite song at the side of them. I don't know who it was but just feck off wailing when I'm busy looking at knickers.

Ekeke

The Rookie is my favourite new show so far.

Nathan Fillion from Firefly is in it so it was always worth trying. But I found a surprisingly good overall cop show as well. 6 Episodes in with the 7th released tonight.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
So, went against @Rado_N and watched Power
Definitely a waste of 50 episodes :lol:

So need something else. Preferably on Netflix or Amazon as I can't be bothered to download something right now

Vikings is an option, just don't really feel in the mood for that right now

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

So need something else. Preferably on Netflix or Amazon as I can't be bothered to download something right now

Exorcist
12 Monkeys
Banshee

parkthebuslads

Anyone seen Lifetimes You?
You is an American psychological thriller television series based on the 2014 novel of the same name by Caroline Kepnes. It follows Joe Goldberg, a New York bookstore manager who falls in love with a customer named Guinevere Beck and quickly becomes obsessed with her.
It's pretty trashy, think 3pm on channel 5, but I enjoyed it :)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

You watched the whole thing?! Jesus, I fecked it off after like 5 or 6 episodes, absolute shite.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
You watched the whole thing?! Jesus, I fecked it off after like 5 or 6 episodes, absolute shite.
Problem was, first episode or so kinda intrigued me, but after that it was average at best. Last season wasn't so bad, but the rest of it wasn't great.
Some of the acting in it was fecking horrendous though, like, how did they even employ these people.
Also the amount of sex scenes for the sake of them came across as desperate to keep people watching. Most of it wasn't necessary for the story, but it was 2-3 times an episode.

Spoony

The People's President
I'm watching The Good Place. It's a bit nauseating. Please tell me killer wasps will destroy everyone in a split second Armageddon style?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Someone recommended Mr. Inbetween in here. I liked it a lot.

lsd

The Oracle
I'm watching The Good Place. It's a bit nauseating. Please tell me killer wasps will destroy everyone in a split second Armageddon style?

How can you not like the good place ?

You have Community , Parks and Recreation , The League and The Good Place .

Every other US Comedy sucks

Oh and Arrested Development