Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Watching Death’s Game after someone recommended it on here.

When he comes back as the baby :lol: proper belly laugh :lol:

oh the baby thing got dark quick
:lol: yes on both of those.

I’m 5 episodes in, it’s very good, the girl from Parasite is very unconvincing as Death, though, but the other actors are all great.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol: yes on both of those.

I’m 5 episodes in, it’s very good, the girl from Parasite is very unconvincing as Death, though, but the other actors are all great.
Yeah I’ve been surprised at how good some of them have been. Especially the model in ep 4.

dazjoe

Only heard of Deaths Game from this thread, great recommendation.
I could see the ending coming a hundred miles off but even so, it's a brilliant watch.

Fallout I loved too. I get why some are a bit on the fence or think that it was just "decent" but it's right up my street; and I'll admit Walton is just my guy crush, I'll watch anything he's in, I'm positive he could make any show or movie 25% better just by appearing.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Assuming you've seen the film, is the story entirely similar? I weirdly re-watched it about a month ago and I'm worried that it's going to be repetitive.
I watched the film, but it was years ago, so i can vaguely remember what happened. The series is slow but its well made. It has way better cinematography than the three body problem.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I've been watching Ripley.

It's enjoyable but it's basically "what if no one in The Talented Mr. Ripley was likable or having fun."

caid

I've been watching Ripley.

It's enjoyable but it's basically "what if no one in The Talented Mr. Ripley was likable or having fun."
People in the movie were likable?
Haven't been a fan of any of the adaptions i've seen, even if they were well made. So think i'll skip this

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, the characters in the movie are very likable. Dickie is a guy who is fun to be around with (at least for a bit) and you can understand why Tom is seduced by the lifestyle and by him. Marge is friendly and warm, Freddie is annoying but in a very funny way for the audience. Tom is weird and needy but you can also see how his suck-up puppy-eyed ways can sway people.

In the show Tom is creepy and offputting, and the others are boring rich people who never crack a smile.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finished Death’s Game

Very good overall. Fun series and all the stories tied together nicely. Some great acting considering it’s basically 12 people playing one person.

I wasn’t too fussed about the ending and not sure if him restarting means essentially none of that ever happened, which is never satisfying. But still. Also it felt a bit too heavy on the whole suicide is bad thing. It seemed to want to paint it as a very black and white selfish thing that is easy to not do cause you know, it’ll make your mum sad.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Am 5 episodes into The Expanse. Its a bit of a grind so far but seems to have potential will stick at it.
Some people love it, I always thought it was... fine. it's definitely a cool depiction of what space travel could actually be but the characters are in general quite bland. It does get better than the first few episodes, though. Season 2 and 3 are both very good.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Some people love it, I always thought it was... fine. it's definitely a cool depiction of what space travel could actually be but the characters are in general quite bland. It does get better than the first few episodes, though. Season 2 and 3 are both very good.
Cheers it looks beautiful but needs someone to get behind so far.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
People in the movie were likable?
Haven't been a fan of any of the adaptions i've seen, even if they were well made. So think i'll skip this
I love Patricia Highsmith but most of her characters are not really likeable in the standard sense. Personally, I don't mind that because they are usually all interesting and explore psychological themes that I think are relatable even if the characters are not the type of Hollywood protagonist that we are conditioned to root for.