Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Severance I get but Peaky Blinders? Shit was brilliant. Then again, I can also understand if it's not someone s cup of tea. Personally it's in my top 5 greatest shows of all time.
The accent alone made it hard work.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Fair enough..I watched it with subs on all the time but funny enough after a while you get so used to the accent I barely needed it anymore.
Subs? :lol:

And I never want to get used to a full Brummie accent. Never. Not ever.

NEVER

Nialler

Alex's Dad
I couldn't get past the first few episodes of Severance or Peaky Blinders.
I was the same when I first attempted to watch PB, gave up, then a few weeks ago decided to try again and I stuck with it, I'm glad because once you get comfortable with the cast and setting it's truly epic. Watching the last two episodes tonight agree the Brummie accent can be difficult to understand depending on the actor. I loved the character Arthur Shelby but sometimes couldn't understand his dialect. Brilliant cast, Murphy, Hardy, Neill, McRory, Gillen.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I was the same when I first attempted to watch PB, gave up, then a few weeks ago decided to try again and I stuck with it, I'm glad because once you get comfortable with the cast and setting it's truly epic. Watching the last two episodes tonight agree the Brummie accent can be difficult to understand depending on the actor. I loved the character Arthur Shelby but sometimes couldn't understand his dialect. Brilliant cast, Murphy, Hardy, Neill, McRory, Gillen.
I understand the Brunmie accent with no problem. I just can't stand listening to it. Could be worse of course. It could have been set in Liverpool.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Enjoying Slow Horses. The guy who plays River is good. Very grounded and believable way of speaking and acting.

Roosney

Enjoying Slow Horses. The guy who plays River is good. Very grounded and believable way of speaking and acting.
Just finished season 1. Very good indeed.
My only complain is the hunt of the Slough House staff, it's way over the top. I thought I had skipped an episode and was confused.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Just finished Death's Game.

Utterly brilliant. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

Heart wrenching and so clever. Trying not to give away any spoilers it's so well done.
Just watch it with subs don't try and get a dubbed version.

In fact just watch it.

I was actually welling up during the finale.

Not for the faint hearted but the gritty action serves as a foil to the underlying message.

Watched it on Amazon Prime. If you do watch it don't give up early it just gets better and better.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
WOW , thats the only way to put season 1, honestly some of the best TV I have watched, Matthew McConaughey Woody Harrelson were fantastic, there is not many things that in an 8 eps season, so many are 10/10 and the other were very close too. Season 1 is an easy 10/10.
Glad you rated it. It's the pinnacle of TV for me; just stay away from the follow-ups if your will power can withstand it... :angel:

Mike Smalling

WOW , thats the only way to put season 1, honestly some of the best TV I have watched, Matthew McConaughey Woody Harrelson were fantastic, there is not many things that in an 8 eps season, so many are 10/10 and the other were very close too. Season 1 is an easy 10/10.
It’s great! I’d personally recommend Season 3 as well. It’s not as good, but nothing really is, and it still has a coherent plot, interesting characters and good performances. At the very least it’s not complete nonsense like Season 4 :lol:

Tarrou

is True Detective S4 worth watching. I'm half-way through ep 1 and already bored.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
is True Detective S4 worth watching. I'm half-way through ep 1 and already bored.
Better than the worst reviews but even Jodie Foster can't save it from a pointless plot/script. I didn't hate it but you wouldn't care if you never saw it.

Tarrou

yeah I've knocked S4 on the head after first episode, looks like it's gonna be a struggle to get through

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Dont get the hard criticism of S4. It def was no S1 but then 2-3 weren't either. It did lose a bit of traction midway but overall I'm glad I finished it. I thought it was pretty well done. Not top shows of all time material by any means, but better than 90% of the other shit out there.

avgp_1

Just finished Tokyo Vice season 2 and the finale is so satisfying. Beautifully shot

fen4e

Shout out to whoever recommended Deaths Game on here.

2 episodes in and its been hell of a ride.

Regarding True Detective; Me and my wife really enjoyed S1 S3 S4. I personally rate them:

S1 9.5/10
S3 8/10
S4 7/10

Last edited:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Shout out to whoever recommended Deaths Game on here.

2 episodes in and its been hell of a ride.

Regarding True Detective; Me and my wife really enjoyed S1 S3 S4. I personally rate them:

S1 9.5/10
S3 8/10
S4 7/10
It just gets better you are in for some treat.