Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Roosney

yeah I've knocked S4 on the head after first episode, looks like it's gonna be a struggle to get through
It's so bad and stupid you might wanna finish it just because.
Find it really hard to believe some people actually rate it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's so bad and stupid you might wanna finish it just because.
Find it really hard to believe some people actually rate it.
Does anyone rate it? I don’t know anyone who does. The critics were only given the first few episodes when they did the initial reviews, their reviews for the last episode in particular are terrible.

it’s dreadful.

justsomebloke

Silicon Valley is great.
We're just catching up on this, finished season 1 yesterday. The brainstorming session and Jared's improvised floor survey scene towards the end of the last episode is honestly the funniest thing I've seen in years. Me and the missus were almost literally rolling on the floor with laughter - absolutely brilliant!

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Really loving For All Mankind. Halfway through season 2.

It's a bit daft. It's almost like season 1 has 3 or 4 mini-seasons. Like they had a few ideas for what the over-arching plot could be but couldn't commit to one so decided to do them all :lol: If you can embrace the silliness of it though, its great.

Also, and maybe I'm just in a weird place personally, but lots of moments in season 2 are getting me pretty choked up. Think there's huge potential for this season.

Bobski

Just finished Death's Game.

Utterly brilliant. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

Heart wrenching and so clever. Trying not to give away any spoilers it's so well done.
Just watch it with subs don't try and get a dubbed version.

In fact just watch it.

I was actually welling up during the finale.

Not for the faint hearted but the gritty action serves as a foil to the underlying message.

Watched it on Amazon Prime. If you do watch it don't give up early it just gets better and better.
This is awesome, amazing shout.

Reiver

Shout out to whoever recommended Deaths Game on here.

2 episodes in and its been hell of a ride.

Regarding True Detective; Me and my wife really enjoyed S1 S3 S4. I personally rate them:

S1 9.5/10
S3 8/10
S4 7/10
Does it have subtitles? I don't watch anything with subtitles.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Palm Royale.
A new show from Kristen Wig set in the late 1960s in Palm Beach, Florida featuring the high society scene there.

My wife suggested we try this out but I gave up after about 30 mins into the first episode as it’s a show that women might get into much more than men.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

It's a bit daft. It's almost like season 1 has 3 or 4 mini-seasons. Like they had a few ideas for what the over-arching plot could be but couldn't commit to one so decided to do them all :lol: If you can embrace the silliness of it though, its great.

Also, and maybe I'm just in a weird place personally, but lots of moments in season 2 are getting me pretty choked up. Think there's huge potential for this season.
There's a thread dedicated to the show - spoiler alert, it goes downhill pretty brutally.

Bobski

Just finished Death's Game.

Utterly brilliant. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

Heart wrenching and so clever. Trying not to give away any spoilers it's so well done.
Just watch it with subs don't try and get a dubbed version.

In fact just watch it.

I was actually welling up during the finale.

Not for the faint hearted but the gritty action serves as a foil to the underlying message.

Watched it on Amazon Prime. If you do watch it don't give up early it just gets better and better.
Finished it, very enjoyable in the main. Find that Korean shows tend to do a lot of sincere emotional drama which can comes across as overwrought to people used to how emotionally cynical much of western TV is, and also tend towards tropey characterization but they are often super fun as well.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Finished Invincible Season 2 and Silo last week. Both decent.

Gonna finish Constellation tonight. Started slowly but really got good in the last couple of episodes.

Would recommend all of them.

RedDevilRoshi

Just finished a couple of series over the last 2 months.

Beckham (Netflix) - Really enjoyed this short docu series. I was a little too young to really remember the hatred he got from all fans & media after his Simeone red card incident at France 98 but what a guy he truly is. To show so much mental strength and determination to still keep playing at the highest level and also carve out the career he had at the top speaks volumes of the guy. Many players would have crumbled under that amount of pressure and hatred from all angles.

Loki (Disney+) - Really enjoyed season 1 but season 2 just wasn’t anywhere near as good as 1.

What If (Disney+) - Enjoyed majority of the series one episodes but the ones in series 2 were nothing great bar a small few.

Echo (Disney+) - This is probably the best series Marvel have released. A good engaging story with episodes at a good length. Intrigued to see if they will do a season 2.

Sunderland till I die (Netflix) - First two seasons were very good and engaging. The last season just felt very rushed & crammed.

Currently on the final season of Succession and going to start Shogun tonight.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Finished it, very enjoyable in the main. Find that Korean shows tend to do a lot of sincere emotional drama which can comes across as overwrought to people used to how emotionally cynical much of western TV is, and also tend towards tropey characterization but they are often super fun as well.
I'm down to the last two episodes, found it slow at first but now I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

dinostar77

Just finished season 4, hopefully it will get the full 7 seasons. I'd love to know where they get to by season 7.

RedDevilRoshi

Finished The Bear. A very good easy watch. That Christmas dinner party episode in season 2 was chaotic but really intense.

Unsure if we are going to get a 3rd season.

Castia

Finished The Bear. A very good easy watch. That Christmas dinner party episode in season 2 was chaotic but really intense.

Unsure if we are going to get a 3rd season.
It’s releasing in June :)

Easily one of the best shows on tv

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Would recommend Under the Banner of Heaven. Based on a true story. Andrew Garfield is brilliant in it.
I'd started this and got about 3-4 episodes in. Garfield was easily the best thing in it (helped by the fact I have a massive man crush on him) but the show felt like a pain to get through. I don't have an issue with slowly paced shows or films, but this didn't really work for me - hard to say why, nothing inherently wrong with it, just a little bit bland.

Castia

Follow up to one of my favourite ever documentaries ‘The Jinx’ starts today with episode 1 of Part 2

I cannot wait.

There used to be a brilliant thread on here for documentaries and I can’t seem to find it.

TheGame

I'd started this and got about 3-4 episodes in. Garfield was easily the best thing in it (helped by the fact I have a massive man crush on him) but the show felt like a pain to get through. I don't have an issue with slowly paced shows or films, but this didn't really work for me - hard to say why, nothing inherently wrong with it, just a little bit bland.
I think the storyline with the brothers gets all mixed up at the end. Its good it was only 7 episodes in. Garfield and the other detective, Gill Birmingham were great. I did end up researching the Latter Day Saints and the true story of the show afterwards.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The Steeltown Murders

Superb dramatisation of real events. Thoroughly recommended although not very uplifting. As you might expect from true life murder stuff.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
We never got past the first episode.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Watching Death’s Game after someone recommended it on here.

When he comes back as the baby :lol: proper belly laugh :lol:

oh the baby thing got dark quick

Last edited:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Watching Death’s Game after someone recommended it on here.

When he comes back as the baby :lol: proper belly laugh :lol:

oh the baby thing got dark quick
Genuinely one of the best I've ever seen and it gets better and better.

The next episode is something else.

Roosney

Slow Horses third season is very good. Had to be said some scenes are weirdly cringe, like they hired a different production team to do random scenes like the tiger team office scenes and facility shoot out.