Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I'm watching The Good Place. It's a bit nauseating. Please tell me killer wasps will destroy everyone in a split second Armageddon style?
I'm also currently watching this. It's a tad too nice for my liking but I wouldn't say it's nauseating. It's overall quite charming I find, and some of the writing is really good.
Between this, The Office, Parks and Rec, and Brooklyn 99, Michael Schur has a pretty decent CV you have to say.

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal
How can you not like the good place ?

You have Community , Parks and Recreation , The League and The Good Place .

Every other US Comedy sucks

Oh and Arrested Development
You've named some quality shows there (personally wouldn't include Community though not many agree on that) but c'mon man, there's loads more good sitcoms out there:

Current - Sunny in Philly, Curb, The Goldbergs, Modern Family, Brooklyn 99, Veep, Silicon Valley
Past - Seinfeld, MASH, Frasier, Everybody Hates Chris, 30 Rock, Review, Party Down, Larry Sanders

There's loads! And without doubt plenty of others I'm not thinking of right now.

Spoony

The People's President
I'm also currently watching this. It's a tad too nice for my liking but I wouldn't say it's nauseating. It's overall quite charming I find, and some of the writing is really good.
Between this, The Office, Parks and Rec, and Brooklyn 99, Michael Schur has a pretty decent CV you have to say.
It improves... the second series is far more gripping and not as fluffy. I almost gave up but I'm thankful I stuck with it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Expanse
It was good fun. It was via the Alt-Shift-X channel on YouTube (used for explaining Westworld) that I was turned onto it. I recommend his first vid as background if you haven’t read the books.

Bunch of decent new actors that weren’t familiar to me, and Thomas Jane. The mopey John Snow protagonist was a bit too similar to, well... John Snow. But there were laugh out loud moments and a bit of horror sprinkled in to the engaging sci-fi opera stuff.

Amazon picked up the 4th season after it had been cancelled, so here’s hoping for some zero-G nudity.

Last edited:

Tarrou

How can you not like the good place ?

You have Community , Parks and Recreation , The League and The Good Place .

Every other US Comedy sucks

Oh and Arrested Development
I thought it was shite

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Did anyone watch Final Space? Finished in just two days and loved it. Recommended for fans of over the top sci fi like Rick and Morty and also Futurama, though less complex than both of them, at least after the first season. I want a HUE to tell me cold facts about my life situation in his melancholy voice.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
The Expanse
It was good fun. It was via the Alt-Shift-X channel on YouTube (used for explaining Westworld) that I was turned onto it. I recommend his first vid as background if you haven’t read the books.

Bunch of decent new actors that weren’t familiar to me, and Thomas Jane. The mopey John Snow protagonist was a bit too similar to, well... John Snow. But there were laugh out loud moments and a bit of horror sprinkled in to the engaging sci-fi opera stuff.

Amazon picked up the 4th season after it had been cancelled, so here’s hoping for some zero-G nudity.
fecking amazing show. Episode 5 of season 2, "Home", is one of the best episodes in the whole TV history.

Can't wait for season 4.

SparkedIntoLife

I'm most of the way through La Mante (The Mantis) which is a French murder mystery TV series of 6 episodes. Enjoying it so far, though I think I worked out the killer in the first episode. They haven't been revealed yet but I'm convinced. Speaking of French language murder mystery shows, I also enjoyed La Treve (The Break) which is Belgian.

Can anyone recommend any others on Netflix like these two?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Started watching Sherlock. Entertaining enough so far. Can't help but feel I don't buy into the incredible leaps of deduction though, and that seems like it's main selling point. The phone at the start for example - could've been bought on the cheap off a mate for his Grandma who had Parkinson's before he started using it. Suppose you need to be the type to be easily impressed or just ignore it to enjoy properly.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I see that there will be a series based on 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin in 2019. I have mixed feelings about this, the books are IMO the best post-apocalyptic stuff ever written, even better than 'The Stand', but I think it will be hard to transfer to the screen without disappointment.

Also I just noticed that it is on FOX. This means that they will cancel it by default after one season, especially if it is good.

Loublaze

ATLien
Yeah that one, the one with Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman. We were always getting the name wrong :lol:
It was meant to be a miniseries but they'll be coming back with a second season last I checked.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Watched season 1 of Travellers but wasn't too impressed, is it worth sticking to it and does it get better?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I was a big fan of Vikings but when I heard about Ragnar I stopped watching it. It is worth seeing the post Ragnar series ?. Right now I think I would take The Last Kingdom between both.
Would you recommend any series of this style? medieval?
Watched season 1 of Travellers but wasn't too impressed, is it worth sticking to it and does it get better?
The argument is more or less the same. I like it a lot, although I think this third season is a little worse.
In that style, maybe you´ll like twelve monkeys, if you have not seen it

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I was a big fan of Vikings but when I heard about Ragnar I stopped watching it. It is worth seeing the post Ragnar series ?. Right now I think I would take The Last Kingdom between both.
Would you recommend any series of this style? medieval?

The argument is more or less the same. I like it a lot, although I think this third season is a little worse.
In that style, maybe you´ll like twelve monkeys, if you have not seen it
As soon as i found out Ragnar dies I stopped watching it too.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The Expanse
I recommend his first vid as background if you haven’t read the books.
I watched the show without reading or hearing anything beforehand, I think that really kept me engaged since I had no idea what they were dealing with from the first moment onwards.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I'm getting my nerd out of Titans right now. Good show for a comic book thing.

AkaAkuma

I see that there will be a series based on 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin in 2019. I have mixed feelings about this, the books are IMO the best post-apocalyptic stuff ever written, even better than 'The Stand', but I think it will be hard to transfer to the screen without disappointment.

Also I just noticed that it is on FOX. This means that they will cancel it by default after one season, especially if it is good.
Just started reading it due to your post, it does remind me a lot of the stand or king novels in general, especially the character names.

peridigm

Ozark is really good. I’m no Jason Bateman fan and purposely don’t watch anything he’s been in but he’s good in Ozark. Watched e1 about a year ago. Wife and daughter were not hooked and despite me liking it, I didn’t continue watching. They’ve been watch Doctor Who for a fecking week straight with I hate so I binged the rest of Ozark season 1. Started season 2 tonight.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Just started reading it due to your post, it does remind me a lot of the stand or king novels in general, especially the character names.
The whole trilogy is fantastic, just a class above everything else in the genre.

Dan

Currently watching the first episode of Escape at Dannemora.